CDIH
Danked Does Amsterdam (& Paris)! - 2006 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Stoner Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Danked Does Amsterdam (& Paris)! - 2006 (/showthread.php?tid=10781)

Pages: 1 2 3

- fbd - 11-16-2005

GonzoStyle Wrote:find out what they call a big mac in amsterdam, I been wondering since 94.
i'd be more interested in what they call a whopper, since that guy never went to burger king

- Danked - 11-16-2005

I do know they call french fries "frites" and they mix different sauces and spices with mayonaise to dip them in.

And they are delicious!

- crx girl - 11-16-2005

mmm frites

- Danked - 11-16-2005

So here are a few decent pictures I took on my trip. It really is a beautiful city alive with culture beyond the red light district.

Here are a few I captured on a rainy day boat ride along the canals.

[Image: canal.jpg]

[Image: canal2.jpg]

[Image: canal3.jpg]

Here's some more shots of Damrak including the bell tower where I took the panorama shot and the street shot.

[Image: damrak.jpg]

[Image: damrak2.jpg]

This is the Oude Kirk church on the edge of the Red Light District where you can find the Prostitute Information Center and large black woman just across the way.

[Image: oudekirk.jpg]

The Heineken brewery! No longer in service, but you can get an informational tour, three beers, and a souvenir glass to what I believe equated to $5 American at the time. We went in the morning.

[Image: heineken.jpg]

The Rijkmuseum. This is where you can find the Rembrandts and other Dutch Masters and allegedly takes two whole days to properly explore. I regret never making it there, but the Van Gogh Museum had a fantastic exhibit on Van Gogh and Gaugin's rivalry.

[Image: rijksmuseum.jpg]

The Queen's Palace.

[Image: palace.jpg]

Pictures of me I've posted before. With wax representations of celebrities!!!

[Image: damian.jpg]

[Image: damian2.jpg]

[Image: damian3.jpg]

- Keyser Soze - 11-16-2005

here's some of mine from my trip in 1999...

[Image: MVC-244F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-245F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-249F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-250F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-252F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-256F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-258F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-260F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-300F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-301F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-302F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-303F.JPG]
[Image: MVC-304F.JPG]

- Suzie - 11-18-2005

Keyser Soze Wrote:Thats cannibus cup time, isnt it?
That's In Nov, I went in '01. Got pix at home somewhere I'll try to remember to post them for the <s>marionettes</s> fan club

- The Jays - 11-20-2005

I enjoy the consistancy of Danked's wardrobe.

- Danked - 11-20-2005

I find it's more cost efficient to maintain the lifestyle of a cartoon character.

- The Jays - 11-20-2005

It's like how Charlie Brown always has the yellow shirt with the squiggle, or Gonzo with the football jersey.

- Mad - 11-20-2005

Damn dirty hippies.

- Galt - 11-20-2005

Who will play danked in the movie

- The Jays - 11-21-2005

Strange, I do think of Danked as this board's smart Keanu Reeves.

- Danked - 11-21-2005

Well, I do know kung fu.

- The Jays - 11-21-2005

Show me.

- GonzoStyle - 11-23-2005

The Jays Wrote:It's like how Charlie Brown always has the yellow shirt with the squiggle, or Gonzo with the football jersey.
and in other news for 2003, jays was considered the most improved poster.

- Goatweed - 11-25-2005

I was gonna mention the FAULK jersey in the "I Know" thread - I knew I should have!

- Danked - 12-02-2005

I spoke to my buddies last night and the dates we will be travelling is April 4th to the 14th. The plan as it stands at this point is to first travel from Newark Airport to Reykjavik in Iceland for 2 or 3 days and then head off to Amsterdam. We will settle in there for a home base and then take day trips to cities outside of Holland throughout the rest of our time there. I'm so psyched. I love travelling.

- The Jays - 12-02-2005

GonzoStyle Wrote:
The Jays Wrote:It's like how Charlie Brown always has the yellow shirt with the squiggle, or Gonzo with the football jersey.
and in other news for 2003, jays was considered the most improved poster.
i haven't seen you in a year. you get what you deserve!

- Mad - 12-02-2005

Danked is also a much better photographer then Keyser. Nothing inspiring about Keyser's work either just typical tourist type shit.

- Danked - 12-30-2005

We're no longer going to Reykjavik. The plan as it stands now is to head to Paris instead for our first week and then to enjoy a leisurely vacation from our vacation in Amsterdam. Woooo.

I shall be posting pics from my travels.