CDIH
If you couldn't watch tv for a few months - What shows would you tape? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: If you couldn't watch tv for a few months - What shows would you tape? (/showthread.php?tid=1081)

Pages: 1 2

- Arthur Dent - 04-02-2002

Here's a call I had to make. If you couldn't watch TV for a few months, what shows would you HAVE to tape every new episode of?
Which shows that you watch regularly would you not bother taping?

- IkeaBoy - 04-02-2002

definitely record: buffy, daily show, south park, alias, family guy (repeats are still family guy), futurama, 24, conan is a maybe,

it's a sad sign when SImpsons isn't on the list.

- Skitchr4u - 04-02-2002

boston public, south park, wrestling, friends, not sure why but the amazing race, smallville

- Lord Reefer - 04-08-2002

I haven’t seen anything on TV worth taping since the original airing of David Lynch’s masterpiece………….

…………………..…….. “Twin Peaks”. ………………….

……because that TV show had such an “water cooler” buzz going on…..you almost had to watch it twice if you expected any success in speculating on any possible future developments. Everybody talked about that series. IMO it was televisions finest hour….. to bad to those of you that missed the hoopla of its original airing…. I guess you had to be there. BTW…..I fingered Lee as Laura’s deranged killer from the moment he dived into her grave…...

- Cunt-Twat - 04-08-2002

family guy, simpsons (you never know when it'll be funny again!), south park, law and order, and daily show.

- Lord Reefer - 04-09-2002

“Iron Chef” is pretty…. strange and …..perhaps….worth taping. To anyone that hasn’t seen this…..wonderful farce-like endeavor. Well…you can find it on the food channel. It’s about Japanese chefs that compete making traditional dishes…..there’s a lot of knife play. If any of you are a fan of A. Kurosawa’s “the Seven Sumurai”…and his follow up Sumurai movies you will have a better understanding of what I am trying to communicate here…..it’s the Japanese bushido code manifesting itself in …..cooks.

- Flock of Moosen - 04-09-2002

I guess I'd have to say Survivor and 24. Those are the only two I watch regularly.

- Hybrid - 04-09-2002

south park, wrestling, the osbournes

- 112-1014160832 - 04-09-2002

Boston Public, Wrestling, Smallville, Enterprise

- virgingrrl - 04-09-2002

trading spaces, friends, survivor, conan, real world, er, the osbourne's...that's about it, i don't watch that much tv to begin with.

- Kid Afrika - 04-09-2002

That 70s Show, The Real World, The Osbournes.

- Sephiroth - 04-09-2002

Law and Motherfucking Order.

- Arthur Dent - 04-09-2002

I have had to admit to myself that I'm addicted to television. Right now, I'm having taped for me:

Buffy
Angel
Enterprise
The West Wing
Andromeda
Combat Missions
X-files
Futurama
King of the Hill
Simpsons
Malcolm in the Middle

And if they were on now (weird cable seasons don't start until after the regular season)
Stargate
Farscape
Witchblade

And there are other shows I'll watch if my other shows are in repeats or have nothing else to do. Like Smallville. I've caught Smallville a couple of times over here. They just started showing the second half of the first season. MAJOR improvement over the lousy premier. I'll definitlely be watching it in summer repeats.

I have to admit, not being able to watch my usual TV show is a liberating experience. Every night I can go out without havng to set the VCR or miss a show. hell, sometimes I don't even go back to the hotel after work until 10 or 11. Just go straight to the pub, then to dinner, then to another pub. I think one of the first things I'll do when I get back is buy a Tivo and set it to record all my favorite shows whenever they are on.

- Metalfan - 04-09-2002

Trading Spaces, Before & After, Soprano's, Survivor, Everybody Loves Raymond, Wrestling and of course some pr0n

- Luna - 04-09-2002

Nothing. I very rarely watch tv anymore.

- Arpikarhu - 04-09-2002

my favorite would have to be the 24 closed circuit monitor i have set-up in luna's house. i would tape that.

- Maynard - 04-09-2002

The only two shows I watch anymore are Osbournes and Survivor.
And I guess I would probably ask to have all the VH1 Behind The Music episodes taped. Along with all the other shows about bands on there. Legends, top 100 whatever of whenever, etc...
If the Osbournes or Survivor isn't on, I pretty much always have VH1 on.

- Arpikarhu - 04-09-2002

Quote:I pretty much always have VH1 on.

you are so gay

- Weird NJ - 04-09-2002

I honestly could say I didn't even know survivor was back on. I think it's over for them. Right now I'd record Band of Brothers (rerun), Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, Smallville, Charmed ...it's all i care to watch... ON WEED!Confusedmokey:

- Maynard - 04-09-2002

I actually have BoB on tape from the first run. I would imagine it should be out on DVD sometime soon. Anyone? Comment?