CDIH
Mets sign Wagner - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Mets sign Wagner (/showthread.php?tid=10825)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Keyser Soze - 11-28-2005

Mets land closer Wagner
Posted: 21 minutes ago

The Mets have landed coveted closer Billy Wagner in a four-year deal worth $43 million.

The deal could be worth as much as $50 million as it includes a fifth-year option for the Mets worth $10 million. But if the team declines the option, Wagner gets a $3 million buyout which is considered part of the original $43 million deal.

Two of the Mets' NL East rivals, the Phillies and Braves, also were trying to sign Wagner.

Wagner, 34, was 4-3 with 38 saves and a 1.51 ERA last season for Philadelphia, which wanted to re-sign him. Wagner has 284 career saves and will be 38 at the end of the deal — 39 if the Mets pick up his option.

After spending most of his career with Houston, his two seasons with the Phillies showed the left-hander he could handle pitching in a tough city.

"I think if I had an opportunity to play in New York four or five years ago, I probably wouldn't have been as receptive to it," Wagner said last week. "After the trade of going to Philadelphia and playing there, I believe that's made it that much easier to handle the media, the pressures."

In recent days, the Phillies have become the most aggressive suitor for free-agent right-hander Tom Gordon, whom they now could target as their closer.

- GonzoStyle - 11-28-2005

There's a new evil empire in town.

- fbd - 11-28-2005

dont you already have 5 threads about the mets offseaon?

- diceisgod - 11-28-2005

The Mets signed Bobby Bonilla!

- The Jays - 11-29-2005

Look, I'm Omar Minaya! I''m throwing money at problems! Weee! It's fun!

- Keyser Soze - 11-29-2005

yankees payroll is double the mets payroll, nigga please.

- The Jays - 11-29-2005

Look! I'm throwing money out the window now! Money, money, throw it all over!

i never said a bad word about steinbrenner spending money, i always said i wish my team's owner would do the same and now he is.

- The Sleeper - 11-29-2005

seriously, danny tartabull

- Goatweed - 11-29-2005

hahaha Tartar Sauce!!

didnt george costanza get his idea for cotton uniforms from the bull?

- GonzoStyle - 11-29-2005

this is the best mets signing since willie mays.

Alejandro Pena !!!

- GonzoStyle - 11-29-2005

Roberto Alomar!

- The Jays - 11-29-2005

omar should cancel the season and just burn bales of money in the middle of shea every night.

[Image: yankees-payroll-800.jpg]

- The Jays - 11-29-2005

he can have free admission, and he can sell yankee merchandise which people can throw in the bonfire of money, or they can come with their own which they ripped off of the lawns and cars of yankee fans. he can also sell nathan's hot dogs and pizza from local pizzerias, which he can purchase because he has cash money, which he's willing to burn.

im not happy that shea switched from thumanns to nathans.

- HedCold - 11-29-2005

i would have prefered they sign hoffman for 2 years, but whatever

- Galt - 11-29-2005

I'm still not going to sit on that shitbag train out to Queens no matter how much money Omar spends or how good that team is