CDIH
such bullshit - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: such bullshit (/showthread.php?tid=11194)

Pages: 1 2

such bullshit - The Jays - 01-23-2006

the fucking radio people have two fucking weeks to talk about how great football is, can we at least at some point today hear about the 81 point game of Kobe's?

- Arpikarhu - 01-23-2006

kobe will never be great because he doesnt raise the game of those around him.

- Galt - 01-23-2006

Bill simmons made him do it

- Tequila - 01-23-2006

81 points = ball-hog

- The Jays - 01-23-2006

oh, so that all negates the fact that it's an historic moment and such, because anyone could score 81 points if they stopped giving up the ball. ok.

- Sir O - 01-24-2006

A while back, a friend and I came up with the "ballhog points" stat for NBA players. It's like this:

BhP = Field goals missed minus assists

So if a player goes 8-15 and has 4 assists, that's 3 ballhog points. Not bad. But there's more.

The AI bonus is +5 BhP to a player who attempts more field goals than his next two teammates. The KOBE bonus is +10 to a player who attempts more shots than his next three teammates.

The AI bonus was pretty rare, and the KOBE bonus was very rare in the year that we went over the box scores and tracked the biggest ballhogs in the league.

I never would have imagined seeing a player attempt more shots than his next EIGHT teammates combined, but Kobe did just that. So I'll call it 2 KOBE's plus an AI, giving young Mr. Bryant 41 ballhog points on the night, a legendary performance.

- The Jays - 01-24-2006

just go ahead and keep shitting on it

- Sir O - 01-24-2006

Nah, actually I'm not really shitting on it. 81 points in a game is amazing. It's also ballhogging. But if you've got the hot hand and the rest of your team is cold, then ballhog away! I'm just having a little fun with it...

Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain were two of the greatest players ever. They were also ballhogs. Kobe's not on their level, but he's a great player. He's also a ballhog. So what? His team won.

Not everybody can be John Stockton (the greatest anti-ballhog ever according to my made-up stat).

- The Sleeper - 01-24-2006

what's better than scoring 81 points in a game?

getting away with raping a white girl

- The Jays - 01-24-2006

please, that man did not rape that girl

- Keyser Soze - 01-24-2006

i used up all my good kobe lines in chat last night.

- The Jays - 01-24-2006

thats ok, im sure someone else will come up with more once they try using humor

words hurt

- The Jays - 01-24-2006

im sorry! i need practice to be quick, witty, and hurtful with the one liners!

you were successful on two counts.

- The Jays - 01-24-2006

well, like my idol once said, "two out of three ain't bad"

meatloaf?

- The Jays - 01-24-2006

please, please. be a lil more formal with the great Meatloaf Aday.

i wasnt aware you were such a fan. does he have a club remix?

- The Jays - 01-24-2006

everything has a club remix. fuck, just before, i was listening to a house cover of "Say, Say, Say."