CDIH
How I've spent the last few weeks at work - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: How I've spent the last few weeks at work (/showthread.php?tid=11240)

How I've spent the last few weeks at work - Bloody Anus - 01-28-2006

<a href="http://members.cox.net/rupture2/2006.xls" target=blank">The 2006 NFL Schedule!</a>

On and off over the last 10 years, during times of extreme boredom at school or work, this has been an ongoing project for me. Come up with a fully functional NFL schedule following the many rules that must be followed. Every previous time, I ran into some kind of major roadblock that fucked the whole thing up, so I just quit. But this time I finally came as close to perfect as anyone can hope.

Division games vs. the same opponent must be at least 3 weeks apart from one another. No team can play 4 straight home or road games. I tried to avoid 3 as it is rare, but not unheard of. It happened last season to Philadelphia, Jacksonville, and San Francisco. In my schedule it happens to Cincinnati, Denver, New Orleans, Washington, and Baltimore. The only flaw in the whole scheme is that Baltimore plays 3 straight road games and later 3 straight home games. However, it proved way too difficult, if not impossible, to fix. The Giants and Jets can't play at home on the same week, and can't play at the same time. This got fucked up a couple of times, so I covered by putting the Giants on Monday and Saturday for those weeks.

As you will see in a few months, this schedule is completely accurate in terms of who is playing who. All of these games WILL be played next season. The only variables that will prove to be different are where the non-divisional games will be played, and of course when.

This project may seem easy and meaningless to you, and while I can't argue the latter, it is a very complicated, meticulous process. I challenge anybody to offer an alternate schedule.

- fbd - 01-28-2006

NY vs indy should be on a monday...

i can see that taking a long ass time...but madden can do it, so why not

- The Sleeper - 01-28-2006

this must be very satisfying

- Arpikarhu - 01-28-2006

you have grabbed life by the balls

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 01-28-2006

I think in madden they preload schedule formulas. It sets up the new schedule pretty fast.

- Bloody Anus - 01-28-2006

I agree NYG-Ind should be on a Monday, but Ind also plays Den, Cin, and NE, which should all also be on Monday. And having a team on 4x would just be overkill.

And if I remember right in Madden (at least in 04 and 05), the "Baltimore effect" happens pretty much all the time to every team, as does 4 straight home/road games. And I'm pretty sure it does not take into account the rotating schedule that each division plays.

what's the "baltimore effect"

if MNF was still on abc, giants/indy would be a lock for monday night, but i think nbc will want that game on sunday night instead

Quote:The only flaw in the whole scheme is that Baltimore plays 3 straight road games and later 3 straight home games.

I can also see Giants-Colts being the Thursday game to open the season.

that would rule

- fbd - 01-28-2006

it makes sense...

also, i know the nfl has already announced who is the home team for each matchup...you did find that list, right?

Well obviously not, otherwise it would be more accurate. I didn't use the internet at all in formulating this. It's all just based on last season's standings and the rotating schedule.

- Keyser Soze - 01-28-2006

i once finished a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle over the course of a weekend between snowboarding.

- Bloody Anus - 01-29-2006

Yeah well, George Malley learned to speak Portugese in 20 minutes.