CDIH
The project is dead - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The project is dead (/showthread.php?tid=11316)

Pages: 1 2

The project is dead - Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

i tried to upload it numerous times to wikipedia and they deleted it each time. they claim it is an ad for the website and not a legitamate entry. i explained that it was an historical record for a site related to a popular radio show that has an entry on wikipedia. no dice.

here is the first part of the entry for those interested:

Founded 1/12/2002 by sean cold . cdih was formed as a place for disgruntled members of opieanthony .com to post without censorship. It was also meant as a haven from the drama created by the owner of opieanthony.net , Froy and from Anthony, a member of the then WNEW radio team Opie and Anthony.

Back Story

It was late 2001 and by that time opieanthony.com had turned into one constant fued between it's members. It was an endless cycle of drama. Things would be great for a few months, then someone would disagree and it would either go unnoticed or it would swirl into a mini-revolt. When these things happened, a core group of members would go off to find some little "haven" to get away from all the drama on the board.

After the "Bang Party" incident in september of 2000, when OA.com got bombarded with "newbies" and became one huge cluster fuck, that haven was wackbag.com, a little known O&A message board with maybe 3 or 4 active members. Other members were constantly creating other boards and message groups in hopes of escaping the drama but keeping the relationships intact. CrybabyHowie who after some drama decided to leave OA.com and started a message board of his own that fizzled out after a few months. Italian Princess also created a yahoo group for some of the members. This soon became a vicious circle. These offshoot boards would open, thrive for a short while, and then everyone would return to opieanthony.com.

Soon, the members felt like the board was finally dying and its owner, Froy, seemed to lose all interest. Froy was too busy with his Over The Limit website, the board was just not as fun as it had once been, and too many people were holding on to the past. Many members began to post less and less till some stopped all together.

This is when the seeds for CDIH started to form.

The beginnings

Seancold a prominent member of opieanthony.com, was at wits end with OA.com as well as it's owner "Froy". The original idea for Colddayinhell.net was that it would be a site to mock froy and his new web portal "Overthelimit". The site would have most of the features of "OTL" but naturally it would be a satire.

After some discussion the founders ,(Seancold, Gonzostyle, and one or two thers), decided not to make a satire board dedicated to one person and his site. They decided to create a message board for all the members who were no longer as enthused with OA.com but still wanted a place to call home. From there CDIH.net was born.

The main thing they wanted was to have a message board that was run by it's members and not just by one person, so they agreed on the basic platform that there would be no banning of members and no editing or deleting of posts or threads. the members would have a say in the every day operation, like voting on moderators, etc. none of those rules or promises have been broken in the almost 4 years of its existence.

Unfortunately for many reasons, some personal and some just because he lost interest, Seancold decided to leave CDIH.net in October of 2002, after less than a year from the sites launch. He had begun to feel that the message board was turning into the very thing he and the others had run away from. he had lost interest and had become angry with the current members and the moderators. He wanted to shut down the site but Gonzostyle felt it would be unfair to all the members who had put their trust and faith in them to provide them a free forum to voice their opinions and to keep in touch with all the people with whom they had formed close bonds. after some negotiation, founding members gonzostyle and seancold decided to part ways and Gonzostyle would continue running CDIH on his own. The board was already in Gonzostyles name so the transition was not a big deal, although it was sad to see the man whose dream this site was just give up on it and it's members

the first version of CDIH.net was officially launched in December of 2001 but was quickly shut down by the hosting company due to it’s content. The disputed content was centered around a forum known as “the short bus” . The short bus crew consisted of several members that consisted JimmySnuka, CrybabyHowie, TFEC, Grumpy and some others. their stories and pictures were considered as childish and rude by the host company and they the board down within a week.

The 2nd version was launched then soon after on another hosting site and that one lasted less than 2 weeks. the reason the host gave for the termination was "because you all act like a bunch of children who just learned the word 'fuck'". Seancold came up with a strange yet brilliant idea, why not use a hosting company which a beastiality site would use? Well for 3+ years that host served the board up until its recent switch. This change occurred mainly due to monetary reasons, as well as the fact that the board software "Ikonboard" had recently went out of business forcing the site to switch to a PHP board software.

The membership at first exploded, with dozens upon dozens of former OA.com members switching over to the new "haven". The site has had many cycles. Many times it felt like the end was coming but then it would pick up, and it has gone on this way for 4 years. The site which many said was a fad and wouldn't last a month, is still going. It is not as strong as when it was first formed, but it remains active to this day due to a loyal core of members.

So the site is now on the 4th incarnation, software and host wise but CDIH has been and always will be one of the few truly "free" message boards created since the demise of opieanthony.com. No one has ever been told what to discuss, no one has ever been banned or edited for saying whatever they felt, and the site has never been about any one thing. CDIH will continue this way until there is no one left

- Black Lazerus - 02-05-2006

if that is the case then why do wackbag and others have entrys i say that you tell on them too.

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

they dont.

- Black Lazerus - 02-05-2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wackbag.com

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

hey!

i just added that link on the page that alllows me to protest the deletions and give precedence for the article.
either we get an entry or wackbag gets deleted.

- diceisgod - 02-05-2006

it's fargin war!

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

We might have to send DIG over to destroy wikipedia.

- Hoon - 02-05-2006

I can't tell you how informative and welcome this article was to read. Until now I had no idea what this board was about or how it came into existence.

I'd never heard of Opie & Anthony, except when it was mentioned here. I derived form conversations that it was a radio show er' some shit but never understood who the fuck Froy was, what wackbag had to do with anything etc..

Now it all makes sense.

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

if i help just one person then it was all worth it.

- Adolf - 02-05-2006

thats a well written little entry.

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

you wrote most of it. i just cut some stuff, did some rearranging, and edited the rest.

- Adolf - 02-05-2006

I wish I could write a story like that, thats all mr face pump hot dog fingers

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

he needed alot of help with syntax. he is also a big fan of the run on sentence. my red pencil got a work out.

- Adolf - 02-05-2006

Arpikarhu Wrote:he needed alot of help with syntax. he is also a big fan of the run on sentence. my red pencil got a work out.

He wouldn't know how to punctuate if a comma broke into his house and raped him at 5:27am.

- Hoon - 02-05-2006

face pump is mine.
you're stealing my shit!

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

Adolf Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:he needed alot of help with syntax. he is also a big fan of the run on sentence. my red pencil got a work out.

He wouldn't know how to punctuate if a comma broke into his house and raped him at 5:27am.

dont think i didnt see what you did there

- Adolf - 02-05-2006

You only know what I did there cause I just got back from ass raping you till the back of your head almost caved in.

You love that shit.

- Arpikarhu - 02-05-2006

and how!

- Adolf - 02-05-2006

I stole your wonder woman pez dispenser by the way, that shit was hot.

- Goatweed - 02-06-2006

that's a great entry, I dont understand how they think it's an "ad" though - if it is, that's one of the longest ads I've ever read.