CDIH
who the fuck is macky sasser and john stearns? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: who the fuck is macky sasser and john stearns? (/showthread.php?tid=11371)

Pages: 1 2

who the fuck is macky sasser and john stearns? - shortnfugly - 02-08-2006

anyone?.....

- The Sleeper - 02-08-2006

mets catchers. nice reading comprehension

- shortnfugly - 02-08-2006

thank you.

I was going to ask it in the thread but I thought I'd open it up for more of a general discussion on mets catchers.

I know it belongs in sports, but somewhere down the line, someone will hijack the thread and it'll come right back here so i saved Gonzo the trouble of moving it.

- Keyser Soze - 02-08-2006

who the fuck are you?

- fbd - 02-08-2006

k1d afrika

- The Sleeper - 02-08-2006

yea let's have a rousing mets catcher discussion

todd hundley was a good mets catcher
mike piazza was a good mets catcher

- TheGMANN - 02-08-2006

I wish Piazza went to the Giants.

It woulda been funnier.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-08-2006

barry lyons

- fbd - 02-08-2006

todd pratt was a backup mets catcher

in 1998, he played in 41 games and hit .275 with 2 home runs, 18 RBIs, 19 hits, 9 doubles, and a tripple. his sluging % was .522 and oba was .296, since he walked twice. he struck out 20 times, though, and had a pair of errors

discuss

mackey had a mental block that would not allow him to throw the ball back to the pitcher. he would double and triple pump, and sometimes take a step or two toward the mound to get his brain to unlock and allow him to throw the ball.

- HedCold - 02-08-2006

fbd Wrote:todd pratt was a backup mets catcher

in 1998, he played in 41 games and hit .275 with 2 home runs, 18 RBIs, 19 hits, 9 doubles, and a tripple. his sluging % was .522 and oba was .296, since he walked twice. he struck out 20 times, though, and had a pair of errors

discuss
he also hit a playoff series winning homer against the arizona diamondbacks, that steve finley almost caught

- fbd - 02-08-2006

that is not listed in his stats in ken griffey jr.'s slugfest

- HollywoodJewMoses - 02-08-2006

i wish keyser had a mental block that would prevent him from posting.

- HedCold - 02-08-2006

fbd Wrote:that is not listed in his stats in ken griffey jr.'s slugfest
maybe it should be.

that was a great home run by pratt, i remember dancing around my apartment that afternoon while i was in college when it happened.

i went to see robin ventura hit the game winning grand slam in the 15 inning game against the braves in the next series. ventura never got credit for the home run because pratt tackled him in euphoria before he could make it around second base.

unfortunately kenny rogers wound up walked in the winning run in the deciding game.

- HedCold - 02-08-2006

i was at that game. i was sitting in right field near the foul pole, right near tony womack when he dropped that fly ball

mez reserved between home and first.

- PeterDragon - 02-08-2006

HedCold Wrote:i was at that game. i was sitting in right field near the foul pole, right near tony womack when he dropped that fly ball

I was there for Pratt, left field mezz (in fair territory), and damn i thought Finley was gonna come down with that ball.

No Met catcher discussion could be complete without Jerry Grote......

- Galt - 02-08-2006

Mike Lavalierre.

- Bloody Anus - 02-09-2006

Ed Hearn