CDIH
This news article brought to you by Mary Jane... - Spit, sluggo can't get you this info... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: This news article brought to you by Mary Jane... - Spit, sluggo can't get you this info... (/showthread.php?tid=114)

- Faceman - 01-17-2002

Next stop for spit and F'n...Idaho

S AN F R A N C I S C O — When he was pulled over by an Idaho police officer for a broken taillight, Matthew Patzer ended up blazing a new trail for the rights of marijuana smokers.

The 21-year-old was stopped in 1998, and after the New Plymouth, Idaho officer noticed his glassy eyes, Patzer admitted he'd smoked marijuana at a party.

Patzer passed two field sobriety tests, but was nevertheless arrested and convicted for driving impaired. He was also convicted on weapons charges for the illegal homemade grenades, a sawed-off shotgun and a modified rifle with a homemade silencer police found in his vehicle.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals (news - web sites) overturned the convictions Monday, however.

The court said Idaho's impaired driving law made it illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol and narcotics, but noted that Idaho doesn't list marijuana as a narcotic.

The three-judge panel ruled that the loophole meant marijuana users could drive legally as long as they didn't drive erratically and could pass a field sobriety test.

Prosecutors said they planned to appeal the decision to the Supreme Court.

Patzer's attorney, Fredilyn Sison, applauded the decision. "Just having smoked marijuana doesn't give somebody cause to arrest you for that when driving," he said.

The ruling also reversed Patzer's illegal weapons convictions.

- Sephiroth - 01-17-2002

Thanks Faceweek.

- Arpikarhu - 01-17-2002

Sephiroth Wrote:Thanks Faceweek.
hahahahahahahaha, tis is funny cause its true!! snicker snort

- Maynard - 01-17-2002

Homemade grenades? What the fuck was he going to do with those????

- Spitfire - 01-17-2002

Quote:Thanks Faceweek.
:roltflmao:

Quote:"Just having smoked marijuana doesn't give somebody cause to arrest you for that when driving," he said.
Woo-hoo!!! :fuggin:

I drive so much carefully, esp at night, if I'm stoned...paranoia sets in and every car is a cop car

- Maynard - 01-17-2002

Quote:paranoia sets in and every car is a cop car
Heh, that's why I never smoke and drive. I'm already paranoid enough.

- Wormface - 01-17-2002

Driving while stoned is fun.. I like driving aroudn while I smoke.. its relaxing. its kinda hard to drive and roll a blutn at the same time though...

- Maynard - 01-17-2002

Wormface Wrote:Driving while stoned is fun.. I like driving aroudn while I smoke.. its relaxing. its kinda hard to drive and roll a blutn at the same time though...
I had a friend that was able to roll a perfect, one handed joint while driving. They came out looking like cigarettes. It was amazing.

- Spitfire - 01-17-2002

Me too Worm, driving with my dug-out on a nice day is the shit! music-blaring...totally chill

I have a dumbass friend who needs you to hold the wheel while he's driving so he could like the pipe! :punch:

- Wormface - 01-17-2002

Quote:I have a dumbass friend who needs you to hold the wheel while he's driving so he could like the pipe!

Yeah.. I have one of those...
Fuckin' annoying.. he doesnt know how to workt he knee to the wheeel

- Sluggo - 01-17-2002

Wormface Wrote:
Quote:I have a dumbass friend who needs you to hold the wheel while he's driving so he could like the pipe!

Yeah.. I have one of those...
Fuckin' annoying.. he doesnt know how to workt he knee to the wheeel
If you can't drive with your knees...
You immediately lose your smoking privelidges.

And...Back to the article...
It's frightening that he was driving around with all of those home made weapons...
But the decision was the right one...
The search was done because of the "impaired" driving...
The impaired driving was thrown out...
Which made everything after it an illegal search and seizure.

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em! :fuggin:

- IrishAlkey - 01-17-2002

Stop trying to act intelligent and informed.

- Sluggo - 01-17-2002

Fuck you maynard

- IrishAlkey - 01-17-2002

Sluggo Wrote:Fuck you maynard
No, Arpi.

- crx girl - 01-18-2002

but, i have short legs, and the clutch and the gas and the break and the gear stick, aw fuck, i guess i don't get to smoke :disaprove:

- Sluggo - 01-18-2002

crx girl Wrote:but, i have short legs, and the clutch and the gas and the break and the gear stick, aw fuck, i guess i don't get to smoke :disaprove:
Don't worry...
I'm drivin'... :fuggin:

- IkeaBoy - 01-18-2002

Quote:He was also convicted on weapons charges for the illegal homemade grenades, a sawed-off shotgun and a modified rifle with a homemade silencer police found in his vehicle.
Ok, driving while high, I understand. BUT HE SHOULD GET IN TROUBLE FOR THIS!!!!!

- FNMoron - 01-19-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:
Quote:He was also convicted on weapons charges for the illegal homemade grenades, a sawed-off shotgun and a modified rifle with a homemade silencer police found in his vehicle.
Ok, driving while high, I understand. BUT HE SHOULD GET IN TROUBLE FOR THIS!!!!!
but this is america... so anything found after the illegal arrest is worthless... too bad he didn't have a few bodies in the trunk... Confusedatan: