CDIH
The CDIH.net Podcast- Episode 4- A New Douche - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The CDIH.net Podcast- Episode 4- A New Douche (/showthread.php?tid=11455)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- Goatweed - 02-24-2006

I really am - and I meant no disrespect to NIN - the others, sure.

DJing isnt making music, its fucking around with other peoples music and/or noise.

- Keyser Soze - 02-24-2006

dj shadow is a fucking genius artist.beck's music is enhanced by his use of electronica. goat is a old fucking fart who thinks Yes and Dream Theater are amazing because they're musical masturbation....oh look at me i'm doing complicated time measures!!!! yeah great, your music still sucks.

- Goatweed - 02-24-2006

I havent listened to either Yes or DT in months, but thanks for trying to "stick it to me".

And regardless of what I say about house, country, rap, african tribal music, etc it's simply my opinion to which I am entitled to - as are you to think what I like to listen to sucks. That's why I don't really like to get into a who's better discussion because music is subjective to people's tastes.

Jays can listen to house all he wants, I'll still gladly hang with him & smoke a bowl with him.

BTW, my appreciation of prog and metal in general stems more from the fact that I'm a drummer, and as such I appreciate complex drum patterns and players. Additionally, I think Buddy Rich was an amazing drummer, and I've even got a couple of his cd's so your theory about me listening to Yes & DT all the time is not only silly, it's misinformed.

- The Jays - 02-25-2006

this isn't even about taste. you are making the statement that electronically derived compositions should not be considered music, because they don't use instruments.

- GonzoStyle - 02-25-2006

what about electric piano?

- Goatweed - 02-25-2006

The Jays Wrote:this isn't even about taste. you are making the statement that electronically derived compositions should not be considered music, because they don't use instruments.

I'm of the opinion that using a synth and ONLY a synth isnt making music. Its all preprogrammed and not organic to me. Synths/keyboards have their place as a background instrument, but to use it exclusively to make a "track" to me doesnt take much skill since the hard part (making the sounds) is removed.

Hence, house music to me isnt music. it's noise. NIN doesn't use synths exclusively, and while Trent certainly uses them often, he manages to balance it out with guitar & drum tracks.

Another example - Radiohead. I dig it when they make use of sounds as background or moods, but still alllow for guitar/bass/drum (like OK Computer) but when they went off on their experimental phase I got turned off because it was all noise to me, no real sense of music just sounds from synths.

country doesnt use synths, it just sucks.

- Arpikarhu - 02-25-2006

country is great, just not that pop music with a twang that they call country. lucinda williams is a good example of good country.

- Goatweed - 02-25-2006

eh, my uncle was into country & he was a hell fo a guy but I hated the music. It's always the same old song, sad & depressing. Garth Brooks & Shania Twain then came along & really destroyed it.

- Danked - 02-25-2006

I hate country music, but enjoy bluegrass.

Suck on that.