CDIH
Buying a new burner - Want the best what's your opinion - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Buying a new burner - Want the best what's your opinion (/showthread.php?tid=1156)

- boodadude - 04-08-2002

I've read all the reviews. What I'm after is perfect reproduction of audio quality. Internal or external doesn't matter ease of use does. I welcome all of you feed back, leaning towards a Yamaha CRW2200EZ 20x/10x/40x EIDE? Could use your help you guy's know allot more about this then I do

- Arthur Dent - 04-08-2002

I've got an HP and I've had no problems with it and the packaged software is pretty easy to use. Even allows click and drag recording from an explorer window.

Ease of use all comes down to the software. Either packaged or find something on-line like Nero.
Haven't heard about differences in sound quality due to the writers ability to write. I think it all depends on the quality of the software you use.

- Metalfan - 04-08-2002

Bunsen usually works best for me Confusedmokey:

- LZMF1 - 04-08-2002

it all depends on how much you want to spend.
the higher the burn speed the more $ you're gonna pay. also are you going to be burning data discs or music cds?
HPs are nice so are acers and yamahas
there are so many out there.......

- Keyser Soze - 04-08-2002

Make sure you have a decent PC as well, if your system is dragging you might run into alot of bad burns.

- lent - 04-08-2002

i hear plextor is very good and cheap.

- Sephiroth - 04-08-2002

I've heard nothing but positive things about Plextor CD-R's.

- Goatweed - 04-08-2002

TDK drives are also very solid and cheap. I have an older 12x drive, but it hasn't given me any problems at all (I think they make 40x drives now, not sure). Plextor is regarded as the best, but TDK is right up there IMO. Also, Nero is the way to go for burning music and data. I use CloneCD to "make backup copies of my store-bought games" as well {Wink}

- Sluggo - 04-08-2002

I have a Yamaha...16/10/40...It does a great job, but, sometimes it makes alot of noise, which can be friggin annoying.

- Bartman - 04-08-2002

am likes lite-on 32x says it slows down his comp it goes so fast

- AdolescentMasturbator - 04-08-2002

The new lite-on I got kicked major ass. It's 32x/12x/40x and you can get it for around 80. Definitely get a burner with burn-proof. Don't even think of one without it.

However there are other great ones like TEAC, Plextor, and TDK all make amazing drives as well.

- Hummercash - 04-09-2002

Quote:I've heard nothing but positive things about Plextor CD-R's.

yah, ive had a 12x10x32 plextor for 1-2 years now and have only had about 2 bad burns Smile

plextor + nero = heaven :thumbs-up:

- boodadude - 04-09-2002

Thanks for the feedback you guys gave me a few more avenues to look at again thanks