CDIH
Fantasy Baseball - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Fantasy Baseball (/showthread.php?tid=11562)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- Hybrid - 09-18-2006

i want to play next year. i nominate hedcold to inform me of when to sign up for next season.

- The Sleeper - 09-18-2006

make alkey pay his fucking $20

- GonzoStyle - 09-18-2006

you're his neighbor, go down and collect.

- HedCold - 09-18-2006

yea thats weak if he doesn't pay

That's why I was adamant about getting the money before the season started. If we did it galts way, then I doubt 3 people woulda paid up.

so in the end, 9 out of 10 is much better than I woulda thought.

- HedCold - 09-18-2006

what was galts method? i forgot and i have no idea what page of the thread its mentioned on

- HedCold - 09-18-2006

oh, also. the money alkey owes should be taken out of the 2nd place winnings. at least that way 2nd still gets his money back and can bitch to alkey about paying up, but the winner still gets his amount

galt said that we should play out the season and then at the end everyone pays up their money directly to the winners.

so what motivation would the losers have to pay up, plus half the people would just not post anyway and pretend they forgot.

- Gooch - 09-18-2006

i've said it many times...he's a fuckin idiot.

also...

i was robbed. 5th place sucks ass.

checking your team and editing your roster once in a while, might have helped.

- Bloody Anus - 09-18-2006

I pretty much assumed all season that it was 1st for overall champ and 2nd for regular season. Now looking back I see nothing was ever actually agreed upon.

It's not really fair to decide on this now, now that all 3 potential money-eligible teams have been decided. The whole rationale of my proposal is that the best team for the majority of the season ought to get something in return. Just because all of their pitchers get hurt at the same time during the playoffs, should not take away from the fact that this was the league's best team for 5 months.

Of course this is exactly what happens to me EVERY SINGLE YEAR, but even if I finished last every season, I would still think the best regular season team should get something back. Not a sub-.500 team finishing in the top 6 and winning money just because they lost in the finals.

Either way, since this league was arranged and run so poorly, I think the only fair solution would be to split it 3 ways, 70-15-15. This way everybody loses a little bit, but everyone deserves this for not deciding this in March. And I deserve it especially for thinking $20 would be enough to keep every team interested in playing for the whole 6 months.

kept it interesting for me and I will honestly say that you were the only person to bring up the way you wanted it split, everyone else agreed to basically how keyser first mentioned it. I will also say that no one else really voiced up opinion but when they didnt I basically figured that we'd just stick to the original rules. So its not that this should now be done the way you said it, cause it wasnt agreed upon in march, cause it was agreed upon but then you came up with your own split that didnt get any majority votes.

While in theory, yes its nice to offer someone a prize for being 1st in the reg season, best record means zero once october rolls along, thats my opinion.

And if anyone had a reason to lose it was me, I traded away the potential MVP, my first 4 picks basically sucked the whole year and I had little to no pitching. But I made a shit load of moves and put in some research and rode some streaks. And it was a tight race even between us, a couple strike outs and 1 save coulda swung it either way. Thome died on me, I had no 2nd baseman, my outfielders stunk it up yet I made the pick up on guys anyone coulda picked up and here I am, thanks to thomas and baldelli.

so far though its me and hedcold for the original layout and BA for his, so we'll see if anyone else has a say.

- Keyser Soze - 09-19-2006

the son takes on the father in the battle for the universe.

the rules were set early on. i fucking left mariano in all week, what an asshole i am. beat by 1 point.

good luck to gonzo, who traded me howard.

- GonzoStyle - 09-19-2006

howards probably not getting pitched too much in the last couple weeks, so maybe all is not lost. Plus the pressure may get to him either way, to get to 60.

but it was still an awful, awful trade.

worst ever by far.

- Bloody Anus - 09-19-2006

I pretty much assumed all season that it was 1st for overall champ and 2nd for regular season, but I have no idea why the fuck I thought that. I guess I never paid attention to Keyser's original post, or at least the 150-50 payout part. Probably because in all my other leagues the payout was something that was voted on before the draft, so I just assumed it was still an undecided issue. Still, it is my own fault for convincing myself for 5 months that I was playing for $50. Oh well, made the final 2 weeks of the regular season more fun if nothing else.

But if there's still a vote...

Best record means zero once October rolls along? That's true in real baseball, but has nothing at all to do with fantasy. (especially considering the fact that the fantasy season ends in September) Fantasy baseball is about building the best team over the course of the 6 month season. I had the best team for the majority of those 6 months, but lost Kazmir, Liriano, and Papelbon at basically the same time. Plus Zambrano and Hernandez missed starts last week during the playoffs. Of course, injuries are as big a part of fantasy baseball as real baseball, and in both cases make for weak excuses. But should a few untimely injuries over a 1 or 2 week span render the previous 5 months meaningless? Sure there are other contributing factors to why I ultimately lost, but 95% of it was due to the pitching injuries. My power stats were a weakness all season and it was my pitching that carried me every week.

H2H leagues and different and fun and make Sundays more fun, but it is not the ideal setup for baseball. Winning the SB category 10-0 means exactly the same as winning 1-0. Steals are like gold in fantasy, yet those 9 steals are totally meaningless.

Regardless of what happens, hopefully next year this will cause whoever runs this league to get this shit together and in writing before the draft to avoid this unnecessary confusion. But I am done with H2H leagues, no matter the payout.

- GonzoStyle - 09-19-2006

well as mentioned, keyser came up with the idea for the league and the 20 bucks pool, and in his original message he laid out the payout. You then mentioned yours, and there was no majority vote for your payout, nor any interest. So your suggestion basically fell by the wayside, just because there was no debate about it, shouldnt invalidate the original intended structure.

Naturally this should make it a rule for next time to make sure we have it laid out in stone for next time. Though I doubt there will be a next time at this point, though i'd still be up for it, for baseball atleast.

I personally enjoy the H2H league more than the rotiserre league. With the H2H it may not be as involved and statistically sound and yes you may have the better overall team but you have a shitty week and lose by a home run and a stolen base, yet the week before you had too many sb's. But it makes it a weekly event, otherwise you're just piling on stats, it just doesnt hold any interest for me. There's strategies for both but I guess its a personal taste thing.

- GonzoStyle - 09-21-2006

too bad I couldnt get dontrelles 2 home runs today for my stats.

- GonzoStyle - 10-02-2006

Im worried about whip and I lose by .001 on batting avg, unfucking believable!!

- Goatweed - 10-02-2006

so you didnt win?

- GonzoStyle - 10-02-2006

It was the best finals ever, I dominated week one, he came back on me week 2. Then going into the final day we were tied 5-5 and he beat me 6-4 and the deciding category was batting average

he beat me by .001
.268 - .267

oh well, if I lost to anyone, atleast it was my boy.

3 years in a row now, I came in 2nd, I figured this was finally gonna be the one for me. I am becoming the susan lucci of cdih fantasy baseball.

The most ironic point of this is, as awful as my trade of howard for kent was. If I hadnt concentrated so hard on pitching and trying to win runs and rbis, taking BA for granted. If I had kept jeff kent in, even though he wasnt hitting homers or driving in runs, he batted .563 to close out the week and I woulda won. But it's all second guessing now.