CDIH
Jersey City - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Jersey City (/showthread.php?tid=11608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Jersey City - The Sleeper - 03-10-2006

I'm looking at an apartment there on Saturday. I never thought I'd move to Jersey but if i actually want to live in an apartment with more than 1 room, this seems to be a good option. Anyone familiar with the area?

- Charles Manson - 03-10-2006

Yeah, it's full of niggers!

- The Sleeper - 03-10-2006

yea that's a given

- Arpikarhu - 03-10-2006

it would put you a little bit closer to me than you are now. invite goatweed to your place so that i wont have to drive to far to kill him.

- Galt - 03-10-2006

I think it's underrated.

I almost worked for Merril Lynch there. It's just as convenient to get to NY as Hoboken and it's cheaper, so you can get a much bigger place.

There just isn't much around there, so you potentially run the danger of being lulled into staying in your apartment all the time and never going out and socializing.

I KNOW, RIGHT??!!

- Arpikarhu - 03-10-2006

how are the toilets?

- GonzoStyle - 03-10-2006

a toilet joke, how refreshing.

- Arpikarhu - 03-10-2006

i know you read my post with undying and unretractable love. your insults have no sting.

- GonzoStyle - 03-10-2006

I hope you die

- Arpikarhu - 03-10-2006

WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Quote:There just isn't much around there, so you potentially run the danger of being lulled into staying in your apartment all the time and never going out and socializing.

I don't know if i can handle this much of a departure from my current lifestyle

- Galt - 03-10-2006

Galt Wrote:I KNOW, RIGHT??!!

yea i just thought my line was funnier

- Galt - 03-10-2006

But my line was in response to the line that you hadn't even written yet. It was like magic.

- Charles Manson - 03-10-2006

if a kid smells like shit in the woods and there's no one there to smell it does he have a stench?

- Keyser Soze - 03-10-2006

never heard of it

- Goatweed - 03-10-2006

Arpikarhu Wrote:it would put you a little bit closer to me than you are now. invite goatweed to your place so that i wont have to drive to far to kill him.

I'll bring the Kit Kat wrapper.

- Black Lazerus - 03-10-2006

that way he wont have to pack anything

- Keyser Soze - 03-10-2006

WELCOME TO SEXY CITY
Survey ranks it 11th in the nation for sensational singles scene; NYC is 18th

Thursday, February 10, 2005
By Molly Bloom
Journal staff writer

Forget New York. Jersey City is the town that puts the "city" in "Sex in the City," according to a recent survey by Sperling's Best Places, a company that rates cities in various categories.

Jersey City is one of the best American cities for singles, ranked 11th, seven places ahead of New York City, according to the Sperling survey.

In the survey, which was commissioned by the AXE deodorant company, the best place to have a "good time" is Austin, Tex., which has the nation's highest percentage of 18-to 24-year-olds with money to burn on dates and drinks.

Sperling's "America's Best and Worst Cities for Dating" survey used 24 criteria to come up with its list of 80 cities, including population density, percentage of singles, frequency of hooking up, number of dating venues such as coffee shops and bars, and number of intimate

apparel stores and flowers and jewelry bought as gifts, the company said.

"It seems that Downtown Jersey City has a pretty close-knit group of people," said Michael Buzon, a bartender at L.I.T.M., a Downtown bar. "Every city's got beautiful people and every city's got ugly people. I've seen more brush-offs than I've seen people go home together."

Hoboken, with its high concentration of young, single professionals, didn't make the top 80, which surprised its mayor, David Roberts.

"From what I can observe, I don't think it can get much better than Hoboken for singles," said Roberts, who urged The Jersey Journal to note that he has been "happily married" for 20 years. "When I walk down the street, from the look of things, they're all having a good time."

Jersey City was the only city in the state to make the survey's top 80.

Several customers interviewed yesterday at Dorrian's, a bar in the Newport section of Jersey City, seemed surprised by the ranking.

"I was shocked," said Joe Plessner, who was having a drink there after work last night.

Another patron, Sandy, who asked that her last name not be used, has been in town from Chicago for work for the past week.

"I've seen plenty of cute guys, but I've been tied down with work so I haven't met any of them," she said, adding diplomatically, "I think there are great people everywhere."

Though Jersey City's relatively high ranking as a singles Mecca may surprise some, demographic conditions in Hudson County are ripe for success.

With the county's high population density - 13,046.6 people per square mile - and high percentage of singles - 56 percent of county residents over 15 are unmarried or separated, compared to 47 percent nationally, according to the 2000 Census - its relatively high ranking makes more sense.

"I'm glad folks are having fun and finding good company here in Jersey City," said Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy in a written statement.

"This city has a lot to offer with its diverse community, great waterfront development and scenery, and its proximity to New York City. There are definitely a lot of attractive things to find and look forward to here in Jersey City."

His press secretary, Maria Pignataro, an attractive, 30-something brunette, wasn't so sure.

"That survey's crazy," she said. "Listen, I'm single, and I don't meet anyone here."

- lush - 03-10-2006

All of Jersey sucks, period.