CDIH
Heath Ledger as Joker...what do we think? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Heath Ledger as Joker...what do we think? (/showthread.php?tid=11953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Heath Ledger as Joker...what do we think? - faceman802 - 08-01-2006

It'll be announced tomorrow that Heath Ledger will play the Joker in the batman begins sequel. Don't know how I feel about this yet. Nolan was right on picking Bale as batman for the first one so I guess I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I just wonder if Ledger can pull it off.

- drusilla - 08-01-2006

ew

- Charles Manson - 08-01-2006

i'm of a mind to make some mookie

- Gooch - 08-01-2006

i prefered Paul Bettany, but overall, its a interesting choice....i'm sure he'll be good.

- faceman802 - 08-01-2006

for some reason, I was thinking Sam Rockwell. I think he could play crazy or psychotic. whichever they are going to go for this role

- Goatweed - 08-01-2006

Ledger's got the 'face', but I'm not too familiar with his work to really agree or disagree with the casting.

With Nolan running it tho, I tend to think he'll make a fine Joker.

- GonzoStyle - 08-01-2006

I was thinking more like adrian brody.

- Goatweed - 08-01-2006

ledger's got the look more, brody looks too 'scared' or timid, if that makes sense.

like that look your wife gets when she hears you spit?

- Goatweed - 08-01-2006

exactly!!!

- HedCold - 08-01-2006

ledger was real good playing the sufrboard guy in Lords of Dogtown, i think he can pull this off in similar fashion.

- Keyser Soze - 08-01-2006

who is batman? is bale returning?

- TheGMANN - 08-01-2006

Heath Ledger has the face to pull it off. White makeup....keep him with the silly smile on....mess his hair up and make it green.....throw on a purple suit, yeah, I can see how he'd make a good Joker.

Theyre also supposedly introducing the Harvey Dent character. So you know that Two-Face will be coming soon.

- drusilla - 08-01-2006

yeah ryan phillipe. that could be interesting.

Bale is returning as batman and after he's done with the role I ca't see anybody else in it at all. He's just got the broodiness down pat. Also all the 1st movie character are returning, minus misses holmes/cruise thank god.

- TheGMANN - 08-01-2006

She was the only thing wrong with that movie. Everytime I watch it now on cable I find something else in her performance that annoys the shit outta me. Most of all.....THERE WAS NO FUCKING NEED FOR HER CHARACTER. Fucking Hollywood.....they gotta ruin good movies with stupid actresses and love interests when theres no need for one to further a story.

much like kim bassingers character annoyed me in the Burton version, though her character was atleast a vital part of the film. The whole letting her in the batcave shit was so gay.

- BirdyP - 08-01-2006

Keyser would have been good as the Jerker.

GonzoStyle Wrote:much like kim bassingers character annoyed me in the Burton version, though her character was atleast a vital part of the film. The whole letting her in the batcave shit was so gay.

funny story, I bought a 2-disc special edition Batman dvd from walmart last week for 10 buck. In it there's a documentary about the making of the film, along with a couple of other cool documentaries, but I digree. Anyway sean young was originally supposed to play the part of vicki vale but fell off of a horse the week before shooting started so they had to get someone else quickly, it ended up she was the only one who they were looking at that was available right away and could fly to london the next day. so she got the part by default.

the scene with the batcave wasn't in the original script/screenplay, but was added during production as an "on the fly thing" because the production had to be wrapped up quickly and it was a way to tie up a loose-end quickly and cheaply. but it still pisses off the guy who wrote the original screenplay.

ok maybe it wasn't a funny story, but it was educational

hilarious!!!