CDIH
I can't get enough - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I can't get enough (/showthread.php?tid=12124)

Pages: 1 2

I can't get enough - Galt - 10-18-2006

of Democraticunderground.com

These people are so far off the spectrum politically that it makes incredibly compelling reading. What makes it even more so, is that they dont' allow dissenters - explicitly. Disenters are banned and any record of their post is deleted.

So there is no one to reign in the consipiracy theories and leaps of logic, which you don't get on the far right (Hannity, Freep) sites that I've looked at (not that there aren't leaps of logic and consipiracy theories and idiocy, but because they don't ban opposing viewpoints like DU does, there are dissenters who reign in the idiocy). The site just ends up being thousands of loons patting each other on the back for their insane ramblings.

I'm sure the majority of the people on the board are normal liberals, but this site is the far left of the democratic party - and the far extreme subset of that already far left population is just certifiable - and filled with hate.

- Ken'sPen - 10-18-2006

Can you explain your obsession with going there?

I used to listen to Hannity or Levin,
till their desperation of seeing a Republican loss ratched up their hatespeech.

I can't listen anymore, I feel dirty when I do.

I can't imagine going to a radical partisan site,
what pleasure do you derive from it?

- Galt - 10-18-2006

It's like watching retards fucking. Everyone is surrounded people who are all of the same mindset, that they don't have any guage to tell them when they are being loony. In fact, it's encouraged, which just creates more insanity.

The last couple days there was a thread about how they can take down FOX. A logical start to a thread. But the result was great. Don't serve FOX employees if you work in a service industry - cancel their accounts if you can. Don't patronize stores that serve FOX employees. Ostracize them socially. Find out where their wives and children work, and tell their co-workers and other students that they support FOX. Play loud music outside their house at 2AM. This was not a joke. To their credit, the vast majority of those in the thread were saying how retarded/illegal/evil the idea was, but still.

They also are assured that a) Ken Lay faked his own death b) Bush supported it c) Ken Lay is living in Paraguay right now since the Bush family "coincidentally" bought land their recently.

Everything is immediately a conspiracy which immediately involves Bush, who is both the dumbest man on the planet, yet Satan incarnate who has control over everything on earth and is conspiring to take over the planet and kill all the weak, infirmed, and those who oppose him.

It's just unfettered insanity that is so extreme that one tiny shred of logic is surrounded by miles of conspiracies and hatred.

But reading it is different. I can't listen to Hannity or O'Reilly or the Sunday shows because everyone just screams at each other.

Listening to Rush or Franken is annoying because they are condescending and unlike reading words on a page, I can't pause in the middle and fact check and find out just how wrong they are.

- Gooch - 10-18-2006

so, basically, they are Wackbag.

- Ken'sPen - 10-18-2006

I went to DU a few times leading up to the 2004 elections,
if you want to see retards wait till the Presidential Primary season heats up,
that's when dissenting opinions are allowed,
cause it's all about who is the best Dem for the job.

it gets viscious.

- Galt - 10-18-2006

I have been reading the site off and off since the night of the 2004 presidential election.

They were all so sure that they were going to win and then *poof* wind taken out of their sails. They were so angry at the country, themselves, their party, each other.

It was like listening in on a suicide hotline

- Galt - 10-18-2006

I gave up. I signed up. I'm going to see if they are really closed minded enough to ban people for disagreeing. I won't even be mean and start fights.

- Ken'sPen - 10-18-2006

Galt's updates on DU > DB drama

- Galt - 10-18-2006

We are in complete agreement.

- Ken'sPen - 10-18-2006

let me know who the top 10 Conservative idiots are.

- Galt - 10-18-2006

I have to narrow it down to 10?!

- Ken'sPen - 10-18-2006

It is (was) on the DU home page....
are you really going there?

- Galt - 10-18-2006

Yes, I realize that. I figure if you actually wanted the list, you could just get it yourself.

I am at 20 posts and have yet to get banned.

Though when I said that Kerry shouldn't get the nomination because he's already lost an election and so he should step aside and let someone else run. A very benign comment, but people were jumping on me like how dare I question his ability to win! HE ALREADY WON YOU FREEPER!!!!!

- GonzoStyle - 10-18-2006

Quote:Today, 135 years to the day after the last American President (Ulysses S. Grant) suspended habeas corpus, President Bush signed into law the Military Commissions Act of 2006. At its worst, the legislation allows President Bush or Donald Rumsfeld to declare anyone — US citizen or not — an enemy combatant, lock them up and throw away the key without a chance to prove their innocence in a court of law. In other words, every thing the Founding Fathers fought the British empire to free themselves of was reversed and nullified with the stroke of a pen, all under the guise of the War on Terror.

Jonathan Turley joined Keith to talk about the law that Senator Feingold said would be seen as "a stain on our nation's history."

Turley: "People have no idea how significant this is. Really a time of shame this is for the American system.—The strange thing is that we have become sort of constitutional couch potatoes. The Congress just gave the President despotic powers and you could hear the yawn across the country as people turned to Dancing With the Stars. It's otherworldly..People clearly don't realize what a fundamental change it is about who we are as a country. What happened today changed us. And I'm not too sure we're gonna change back anytime soon."

- Black Lazerus - 10-19-2006

[Image: Sith.jpg]

- Goatweed - 10-19-2006

laz is in a pic-posting mood today.

- Black Lazerus - 10-19-2006

why must you complain

- Goatweed - 10-19-2006

I'm just tryin' to live up to my 'old man' persona that's been given to me. Be glad that nig-raping thing went away.

- GonzoStyle - 10-19-2006

the trekkie is jealous that you didn't post a pic of a phaser.

- Goatweed - 10-19-2006

given a choice, I'd prefer the light saber - it's a much more honorable weapon.