CDIH
I have no clue if this is awful or awesome - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I have no clue if this is awful or awesome (/showthread.php?tid=12157)

Pages: 1 2 3

I have no clue if this is awful or awesome - GonzoStyle - 10-24-2006

I enjoy audiobooks when working or driving, so I downloaded a bunch of my favorite books in audio form to put on my ipod. I adore Edgar Allen Poe and my favorite story is "The Tell Tale Heart" it's a horrifying story, so well written.

So I was stoked to listen to it today while doing a bunch of paperwork and research. I am like 3 minutes into it and the fuckin guy reading it sounds like Ren from Ren & Stimpy, not just sounds like, I think it is him. It's taking me out of the story cause it's hilarious, yet its ruining the glorious work of Poe.

- GonzoStyle - 10-24-2006

ok bad move on my part, I let my co-worker listen to it, so we could loff. To try and make up for ridiculing her last week for singing the alphabet.

Let me preface this by stating she is in her final semester of college to become an english teacher.

So we loff at how awful it was and then she asks me what book is that from? I tell her tell tale heart, she had no clue. So then I say Edgar Allen Poe and she says no clue at all, never even heard of him.

She then laughed at me and told me "I don't have to know every obscure writer to be a teacher". What did he write, childrens stories?"

I am back to hating her again.

- Black Lazerus - 10-24-2006

and just think she's qualified to work with

as the chick who can't answer the phone without a script in front of her, yet even with a script she still fucks things up.

- Abster - 10-24-2006

She's got to be busting your balls? Where is she going to school?

- Ken'sPen - 10-24-2006

Out Out Damn Spot,

how can she be an English teacher and not know that line?!!?

- Galt - 10-24-2006

Does she know that it was in a Simpson's episode?

You should have a Stern-like contest to see if she can name famous people. She has to put them into three categories. famous writer, fictional character, or Laguna Beach persona

- Luna - 10-24-2006

See Spot run. Run, Spot, Run.

See Dick and Jane. Run, Dick, run!

- Ronin - 10-24-2006

Galt Wrote:Does she know that it was in a Simpson's episode?

"What's a diorama?"

- Galt - 10-24-2006

I dressed as the state of Idaho for Halloween once. No one picked up on the joke.

- Luna - 10-24-2006

See Jane's bunghole.

Run, dick, run!

- Galt - 10-24-2006

lick her in the front and poke her in the ass!!!!!!

- Luna - 10-24-2006

I've heard that going for a teaching degree in college is probably one of the more easier things to do in collge as far as starting a career which, if true, is kind of sad... but in a way I believe it. You should see the public school teachers in our doctor's practice that come in for notes for work... they aren't really very bright.

And half the time any woman that is going to college to be a teacher is just there looking for a husband anyway.

- BirdyP - 10-24-2006

Most public school systems are so fucked up that they will emergency certify anyone with a degree. Friend of mine had a Bachelor's degree in Film and Media Arts and was considering teaching in Philly under emergency certification.

- Ken'sPen - 10-24-2006

I dressed as Wyoming one year,
everyone thought I was Colorado.

she's only read whatever was required, how is poe not taught in school? Especially for english majors! Thankfully they still teach shakespeare but she says "that stuff is so complicated, I prefer romance novels, LOL!"

I swear the way she laughs, it sounds like what "LOL" would sound like in real life.

Thankfully she is leaving in 30 minutes.

Galt Wrote:Does she know that it was in a Simpson's episode?

You should have a Stern-like contest to see if she can name famous people. She has to put them into three categories. famous writer, fictional character, or Laguna Beach persona

She doesn't know who alec baldwin is, thankfully she knew the other actors in The Departed, so we're getting somewhere.

- Luna - 10-24-2006

GonzoStyle Wrote:she's only read whatever was required, how is poe not taught in school? Especially for english majors! Thankfully they still teach shakespeare but she says "that stuff is so complicated, I prefer romance novels, LOL!"

I swear the way she laughs, it sounds like what "LOL" would sound like in real life.

Thankfully she is leaving in 30 minutes.
I'm kinda not surprised. When I was in High School we didn't read George Orwell's 1984 or Animal Farm... I had to read them myself as an adult.

I'm still at a loss as to why they weren't on our list of books to read.

oh my god, best moment ever!!!

so I was telling her, how weird I thought it was that she didnt know poe, being an english major. Plus I want to say in no way was I even being snide in my remarks, so I didnt bring it to the boil.

me: what about like european authors, dostoyevsky?

her: nope

crime and punishment?

I think I saw the movie with reeses husband

cruel intentions

yeah thats not crime and punishment

well whatever, I dont know every single author.

well these aren't "just" authors, im just sayin

::::get ready for her major burn to me:::

:::READY!!!!:::

her: yeah well do you know who Samuel Clemens was?!?!?!

me: ....mark twain....

her: WHATEVER!!!

- Ken'sPen - 10-24-2006

ask if she knows what Mark Twain means!