CDIH
Should i stay or should i go? - You make the call... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Should i stay or should i go? - You make the call... (/showthread.php?tid=1221)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- The Sleeper - 04-11-2002

Q-Tip is my favorite. But Method Man is more favorite.

- Gooch - 04-11-2002

ah, the pointless drama is back. :toast:

- Galt - 04-11-2002

I think in time Tupac could have been just as big a mogul as Ice Cube. He was an extremely articulate man. Great actor, orator, leader, writer, and rapper. He definately could have followed in the footsteps of Ice Cube had he wanted, but he was just too caught up in the ganster mentality and it held him back from breaking out and eventually killed him.

West Coast ownz East Coast

- Luna - 04-11-2002

Quote:Now, little boy lost, he takes himself so seriously
He brags of his misery, he likes to live dangerously

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
He's sure got a lotta gall to be so useless and all
Muttering small talk at the wall while I'm in the hall

- Sean Cold - 04-11-2002

Quote:ah, the pointless drama is back

Yeah, no shit, that became obvious when you actually replied to something. I do believe you are an asshole. Please feel free to take how happy you are, stick it in the noose along with your neck and just hang around for a bit.

- HedCold - 04-11-2002

Quote:West Coast ownz East Coast
psh. shaolin represent

- Maynard - 04-11-2002

I agree 100% Galt. Which is WHY he would have never been as big. He was too caught up in the gangsta hype.

Quote:West Coast ownz East Coast
That about wraps up our wigger slang quota for the day.

- Keyser Soze - 04-11-2002

Beastie Boys are pretty unique in terms of how much they are embraced by the hip hop community as a whole. They are as much a part of hip hop's foundation as grandmaster flash, melle mel, nwa, tribe called quest and public enemy. They've also been successful for longer than any hip hop artist I can think of.

- Galt - 04-11-2002

I was never a fan of the Beasties. They had that annoying tendency to just rap about themselves. Use their own names in the rhymes constantly, "Mike D on the Mic - I got...... blah blah blah" Just every song every song every song. It got very annoying.

But as for the non-gansta stuff. Tribe was good as was Arrested Development. I liked them a while they were out. Teenage Fanclub was another one that was decent.

And yes, all women rappers suck.

And to comment back on this thread, the fact that Kid refused not to participate in this hijacking and instead just decided to explain a joke, pick a fight, and probably silently pray that the discussion got back to him speaks volumes of what a petty little shit he is.

This discussion should be right up his alley. But apparantly while his main concern is wanting active informed discussion, when one comes along he wants no part of it

- Maynard - 04-11-2002

RUN-DMC, and LL Cool J have been successful "rap" artists for longer. Sure, Beasties were doing punk for years before they became rap artists, but the discussion is about rap.

- Sloatsburgh - 04-11-2002

Hey, I though that line was from "It feels good to be a gansta"... teh one from Office Space.....

but I'm pissed I forgot the tool.

As for rap, I stopped listening to it a long time ago. For me, it was PE & NWA, but I have to say the best rappers were RUN-DMC & Eric B & Rakim

*shifts gears again*

Easily I approach
Teh Microphone because I ain't no joke

Tell your momma to get off of my tip
I've got not time to give my dick

I'm gonna hold it and walk around the stage
and if you fuck up I'm gonna get my gauge

and unload the barrels and laugh.....

I'm listenin to Outkast right now. Dirty Mothafuckin South ya heard.

- Galt - 04-11-2002

I think the "It Feels Good to Be a Ganster" was a Geto Boys song. I know that song was in the movie, and I can hear the bridge, I just don't remember who sang it, and I don't feel like looking it up.

Geto Boys were the fucking best. Just the most violent and sexually perverse lyrics ever. I was at a bar a few weeks back and the band broke into "Gangsta of Love" in the middle of Sweet Home Alabama.

It was a definately alternative, early-20s, J-Crew Type crowd and when the kid started singing that song, people were just stonefaced with their jaws open.

Quote:And to comment back on this thread, the fact that Kid refused not to participate in this hijacking and instead just decided to explain a joke, pick a fight, and probably silently pray that the discussion got back to him speaks volumes of what a petty little shit he is.

This discussion should be right up his alley. But apparantly while his main concern is wanting active informed discussion, when one comes along he wants no part of it

excellent point

most of the rap out now is garbage, although I do dig Jurrasic 5 and Black Star. Nas has consistantly put out good albums.

Run DMC is still around but their last album completely sucked. LL Kool J is on the same level as Will Smith in my opinion in terms of lyrical talent, so he gets props for sticking around but not really putting out anything really groundbreaking.

Also I hate hate hate all (ok most) rap videos. They are all completely devoid of any originality. We get it, you have money, hoochies, and love being shot in a fish-eye lens. Hype Williams should be noosed.

- Ken'sPen - 04-11-2002

also that damned camera at knee height and have all the rappers flail at it like the samsonite gorilla.

- HedCold - 04-11-2002

Quote:Mindless Self Indulgence
Thank God

In the twilight of my life
I don't need no grammys
Rock my gay acceptance speech
Most of all I'd like to..

Thank god
For programming my beats
I'd like to thank god
for making me hard like I'm from the streets
God wrote all my dopest rhymes
Especially the ones about shooting niggaz and
getting
fucking high

Jesus H Muthafuckin boom boom Christ
I been doin dis fo money and fo sex all nite
Its the song that be gettin me erect ai-aight
The scenario is scary yo its fukkin up your
stereo

I don't need no grammys

Thank god
For programming my beats
I'd like to thank god
Especially the ones about dealing drugs and
rolling
with my thugs

Jesus H Muthafuckin boom boom Christ
I been doin dis fo money and fo sex all nite
Its the song that be gettin me erect ai-aight
The scenario is scary yo its fukkin up your
stereo

I don't need no grammys

Thank god
For programming my beats
I'd like to thank god
Especially the ones about shootin niggaz and
gettin
fucking stupid

- Kid Afrika - 04-11-2002

Quote:I think in time Tupac could have been just as big a mogul as Ice Cube. He was an extremely articulate man. Great actor, orator, leader, writer, and rapper. He definately could have followed in the footsteps of Ice Cube had he wanted, but he was just too caught up in the ganster mentality and it held him back from breaking out and eventually killed him.
Actually, it was the perceived gangsta lifestyle that claimed tupac's life. well, that and his big mouth. As for tupac being articulate... what the fuck does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Tupac was probably the single most talented rapper ever.

the beastie boys make pretty good videos

"shadrach" is one of my favorites, its like a animated sketch of them performing live.