CDIH
CDIH top 20 Albums - Top 20 Rock & Roll Albums - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: CDIH top 20 Albums - Top 20 Rock & Roll Albums (/showthread.php?tid=1230)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

Vote for your top 20 Rock & Roll albums of all time.

I've gotten fed up with the lists that are put out by "experts" and it's always the same old crap.
So now is YOUR chance to get your favorite albums on the list.

Please don't post your list here.
I want this to be anonymous voting so that you aren't swayed by what other people think.
After I tally all the votes, I will post your lists if you'd like. Please just indicate that when you send in your list.

I will keep this going until the lists stop coming in.
PLEASE NO NOT send your lists to any other mods as I am the only one doing this.

Soundtracks and tributes can be included. Best of albums, compilations, and box sets do not. You CAN include a box set if it's all original material, but not if it's just reformatted old stuff.
What I'm doing is giving points to each album according to their place in the list. So please try and put them in as close an order as you can. (i.e.: #20=1 pt, #19=2 pts, #18=3 pts, etc...) The 20 albums with the highest score will be on the list.

Take your time people, theres no rush.

Have fun!

My email - maynard@cdih.net

Edited By Maynard on April 12 2002 at 12:24

- AdolescentMasturbator - 04-12-2002

I think this is just a way for Maynard to find out apri's new email account.

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

You can also PM them if you'd like. I know some people don't have e-mail. {Wink}

- virgingrrl - 04-12-2002

Quote:You can also PM them if you'd like. I know some people don't have e-mail. Wink

psssst...slashy...i think maymay means you and look..he even winked at you

- SLASH - 04-12-2002

Quote:<!-- e --><a href="mailto:maynard@cdih.net">mailto:maynard@cdih.net</a><!-- e -->

Quote:You can also PM them if you'd like. I know some people don't have e-mail. {Wink}

Great Idea, Maynard!

However, I refuse to play 'til I get one of those pretty email accounts like say... SLASH@cdih.net

- Sean Cold - 04-12-2002

Quote:However, I refuse to play 'til I get one of those pretty email accounts like say... SLASH@cdih.net

Sorry, dude, that is for CDIH mods only since we have a limited ammount of accounts for use. Now, if a mod offers you his or her account, email me at SeanCold@cdih.net and I may put that through for ya.

Maynard, I usualy think your ideas suck the ass of a Ebola infected monkey but this one was pretty good. I sent you a PM with my list which will probally be lucky to see two of them make the final draft.Confuseduicide:

- SLASH - 04-12-2002

Quote:Sorry, dude, that is for CDIH mods only since we have a limited ammount of accounts for use. Now, if a mod offers you his or her account, email me at SeanCold@cdih.net and I may put that through for ya.

Maynard, I usualy think your ideas suck the ass of a Ebola infected monkey but this one was pretty good. I sent you a PM with my list which will probally be lucky to see two of them make the final draft

Umm.. Sean, it was just a li'l joke. But now that I think I about it, i bet I can make a deal with AM that if I unstall the SuSE distro of Linux in exchange for his email account, he would go for it, LOL

And, yes, I agree, damn good idea, Maynard. :loveya:

- Sean Cold - 04-12-2002

Quote:Umm.. Sean, it was just a li'l joke. But now that I think I about it, i bet I can make a deal with AM that if I unstall the SuSE distro of Linux in exchange for his email account, he would go for it, LOL

well, fuck you then, i hope your browser crashes you deek.:firebounce:

- SLASH - 04-12-2002

Quote:well, fuck you then, i hope your browser crashes you deek.

I post by brutal force, seriously!

For instance, right now I accidentally stopped the page from loading and I have to copy this text, refresh the page, stop the browser again -- but when i see the Add Reply button, but before everything else loads, paste the text, click the Add Reply button, and take the 50/50 shot that my Dr. Watson error log file doesn't get another 200k of errors written to it. I do this all for you because I :loveya: sweetie

I am accepting donations for a seperate HD to store my error logs.. anyone? Bueler? :bouncer:

Now back to the topic at hand...

Quote:psssst...slashy...i think maymay means you and look..he even winked at you

I think so too. In fact, my genitals moved all by their lonesome when I saw that wink. {:o}

- Galt - 04-12-2002

Do "Best of" albums count?

What about compilation, soundtrack, or tribute albums?

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

Soundtracks count, best of's, i would say no. Tributes, sure I guess. But I don't know if theres really a tribute out there good enough.

And again people.....this is the top 20 ROCK albums. No jazz, classical, country, etc....

- SLASH - 04-12-2002

Quote:Do "Best of" albums count?

What about compilation, soundtrack, or tribute albums?

Yea, yea, yea.. what about Box Sets?

- Maynard - 04-12-2002

Quote:Yea, yea, yea.. what about Box Sets?
FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! You guys are making me thing now!!

WEll, since most box sets are re-hashed material, I would say no. BUT, if it has new content, then sure I guess.

- SLASH - 04-12-2002

Quote:And again people.....this is the top 20 ROCK albums. No jazz, classical, country, etc....

Ok, what about alt.country-rock?

- Galt - 04-12-2002

I would agree that no best ofs should be included, but soundtracks should. I don't think there are any good tributes either, but I threw it out unless someone wanted "kiss my ass"

edit::

Of course, leaving off compilations leaves off Legend, Songs You Know By Heart (which sucks by the way), and all live albums like Pulse.

Edited By Galt on April 12 2002 at 3:59

- The Sleeper - 04-13-2002

What about emo?

- Maynard - 04-13-2002

Yes, you can include Fugazi. {Smile}

Fugazi is more emo-core. As in "YEAH THAT WAS FUCKIN EMO-CORE!!!"

- Maynard - 04-13-2002

Yes that may be true, but Fugazi was still one of the pioneers of the made up sub-divided punk genre. Why they felt a need to re-classify music I'll never know. {Sad}

Quote:Right from the start emo seemed like a goofy name for a genre. The story holds that Washington, D.C. punk icon Ian MacKaye was onstage in the mid-’80s with Embrace (a shortlived group that fell between his pioneering Minor Threat and Fugazi) when someone shouted from the audience: "You guys are emo-core!" MacKaye supposedly responded: "You mean Emo Phillips?"

That about sums up my feelings on the term "emo"