CDIH
so how much media do YOU consume? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: so how much media do YOU consume? (/showthread.php?tid=12426)

Pages: 1 2 3

so how much media do YOU consume? - Goatweed - 12-15-2006

there's a study out that claims Americans on average will or currently do spend about 10 hours a day consuming media via TV, internet books & magazines. I suppose I fit that mold easily from Monday to Friday at least, since I'm tethered to a PC for most of the day and do some tv/internet at night. I don't do much in the way of magazines tho, since most times the news is outdated my weeks courtesy of the intarweb.

- Luna - 12-15-2006

did you read this on the back of your box of Kix cereal??

- Goatweed - 12-15-2006

Kid tested, mother approved!!

and ironically, I got it off Drudge - OMG!!!!

- Galt - 12-15-2006

so when is Drudge going to come out and admit that he's a fag?

- Goatweed - 12-15-2006

<!-- e --><a href="mailtoBig Grin[email protected]">mailtoBig Grin[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

- funsnapsdyno - 12-15-2006

I bet I can do 10 hours of media entertainment in a day but not every day. I spend time on the internet while at work and at home. And usually watch some TV at night. Okay, yeah maybe every day.

- Gooch - 12-15-2006

i don't watch much TV...except for UFC, some hockey, and LOST.

Internet is where i procure a lot of info.

I read voraciously on my commute. I found 1776, which won last years Pulitzer...kind of dry and boring. I tend to like fiction more than nonfiction/biography...but depends on my mood. Wildfire by Nelson Demille was my last fiction read. Flawed, but good.

- GonzoStyle - 12-15-2006

I love biographies and non-fiction, I havent had time to read lately though. I watch maybe an hour or 2 of tv a day, if that. My days are usually packed and will be even more so when I start school in jan, so i'll get me read on then.

- Luna - 12-15-2006

Quote:I love biographies and non-fiction............
I'm a non-fiction fan, too. Fiction really has to suck me in for it to capture my attention.

I do read alot of books. I must have sent one of the CEO of Amazon.com's kids to college by now.

The news I get here on the internet or CNN or MSNBC (and as long as Bush isn't talking it's all good with me).

The only mags I get are National Geographic and a few dog training magazines.

- Bloody Anus - 12-15-2006

I refuse to read books unless I get paid for it. Within the last month I downloaded PDF's of the Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons and read while it appeared I was really working. Right before I got myself fired from a job a couple of years ago I read Moneyball and a few Dean Koontz books. And the first ever job I had was a 5-6 week summer job where I read 7 or 8 Koontz books.

- Goatweed - 12-15-2006

whered you get that angels & demons pdf?

- Luna - 12-15-2006

Goatweed Wrote:whered you get that angels & demons pdf?
My mom keeps telling me to read that.

I like books. Reading a book on the internet or the computer just isn't the same for me.

- Goatweed - 12-15-2006

I only read hardcover books, I cant do paperback the fonts are way too small to read - especially if its a large book.

- Luna - 12-15-2006

Goatweed Wrote:I only read hardcover books, I cant do paperback the fonts are way too small to read - especially if its a large book.
you need coke bottle glasses, too??

what happened to you, man?

- Bloody Anus - 12-15-2006

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/344514/Brown_Dan_Angels_and_Demons_pdf">http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/34451 ... Demons_pdf</a><!-- m -->

- Goatweed - 12-15-2006

Luna Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:I only read hardcover books, I cant do paperback the fonts are way too small to read - especially if its a large book.
you need coke bottle glasses, too??

what happened to you, man?

I'm near-sighted so I dont need glasses to read, but a book like The Stand, for example, in paperback has the tiniest fonts ever and after a while I get a headache.

Plus hardcovers look better on the shelf.

oh, and thank you BA <3

- Gooch - 12-15-2006

i used to do hardcovers also when i primarily read at home. but these days, I read on the train, and hardcovers make my bag too heavy. I was thrilled today when I could finally read Thomas Pynchon Gravity's Rainbow, just rereleased in a smaller paperback size.

- Hoon - 12-15-2006

i don't read.

i have a little canadian orphan that reads for me and gives me the short version.

- Gooch - 12-15-2006

do you have someone to remove all the "eh's" in the short version?

- Luna - 12-15-2006

Hoon Wrote:i don't read.

i have a little canadian orphan that reads for me and gives me the short version.
who? Kurt's aborted fetus?