CDIH
Your first album? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Your first album? (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 04-13-2002

What was the very first album, cassete, cd or 8-track you remember buying?

Also what was the 1st album you remember blowing your mind and changing your life musically forever?

The first album I remember buying was an actual album. It was Michael Jacksons 'Thriller' I was 6 and a huge Michael fan, come on you all tried the moonwalk. I don't even wanna hear it 40 million albums sold you all had it.

the 1st album I remember blowing my mind was the first Beatles album I bought. 'Magical Mystery Tour' and hearing 'Strawberry Fields Forever' for the first time. It was never the same again until I bought Jimi Hendrix's 'Are You experienced' when I was 13.

More modernly, Guns N Roses 'Appetite' totally blew me away as well in a more my generational sense.

- Hybrid - 04-13-2002

i dont remember which was first, but i got the offspring-smash cassette, and the green day-dookie cd right around the same time. like 4th or 5th grade. i dont remember which. (before that the only cassette i had was the ninja turtles movie cassette. T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!)

- HedCold - 04-13-2002

ugh, my first cassette was kriss kross. kriss kross will make ya, jump jump :bouncer:
later on i got the dookie cassette and and batman and robin soundtrack cassette
my first cd was gin blossoms. they rock

- windowlck - 04-13-2002

1st Cassette - Guns n' roses - Appetite For Destruction , I was in 4th grade

Edited By windowlck on April 13 2002 at 4:52

- Hybrid - 04-13-2002

i had the kriss kross cassette also. :roflmao:

- HedCold - 04-13-2002

Quote:i had the kriss kross cassette also.
it was wiggidy wiggidy wiggidy whack

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-13-2002

The first album I remember buying was like an Alvin and the Chipmunks record that I really wanted for some reason.....but hey I was young.

The first album I remember buying that blew my mind was Alanis' Jagged Little Pill. I remember trying to find the single for You Oughtta Know and not being able to and deciding to just buy the whole album and take a chance. Her lyrics blew me away....I had never heard something before that sounded like I could've written it....and well the obession began.

I've had other albums touch me, but never in that same way.

- IkeaBoy - 04-13-2002

Raffi's "Your life's worthless or Baby Beluga"

Edited By IkeaBoy on April 13 2002 at 4:57

- criticslovesnatch - 04-13-2002

The first album that i actually bought with my own money was Green Day Dookie in the 5th grade i believe...i really didn't get into music until i was a little older and my musical tastes have basically done a 180 since then anyway

- Luna - 04-13-2002

Hmmmm...this is a toughy because I was given albums to me (the Beatles & Elton John amongst others) when I was a child by my parents so, I don't know if I can answer this correctly.

The first album I can remember that I wanted was the "Grease" soundtrack, so I think that would have to be it. Also I liked Supertramp and Nazereth and remember buying those albums.

Quote:Also what was the 1st album you remember blowing your mind and changing your life musically forever?

Dylan has always blown my mind and I can't even begin to pinpoint one single album.
Another mind blower for me is Stevie Nicks especially her album "The Wild Heart."

Edited By LunaBabe on April 13 2002 at 5:07

- GonzoStyle - 04-13-2002

I had the ninja turtles album and I remember Dookie and Nevermind totally getting me back into the popular music scene again in the early 90's.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-13-2002

Quote:The first album that i actually bought with my own money was Green Day Dookie in the 5th grade i believe...

:roflmao: I feel so old....I was in high school when Dookie came out.

- Keyser Soze - 04-13-2002

Prince - Purple Rain on cassette. Darlin Niki was such a dirty song for a kid of 8 years old to hear. Maybe thats why i'm such a freak now.

The first album that really blew my mind was the Billy Joel my father used to play on 8-track when I was growing up. I think The Stranger was the one that really did it.

- Sluggo - 04-13-2002

The first album I owned was givin to me...
My fathers youngest brother gave me Black Sabbath : Masters of Reality...Still one of my favs.

The first album I bought myself was Led Zeppelin III...Also still one of my favs.

- Kid Afrika - 04-13-2002

It was a 45, and I think it was Elvis. I was like 6.

- Luna - 04-13-2002

Oh yeahhh....that reminds me my parents used to listen to Led Zeppelin, too, so I was exposed to Zeppelin at a very early age. I still listen to Zeppelin. That's some good stuff.

- Sluggo - 04-13-2002

Now that I read this thread through...
GAWDAMMIT there's a lot of fucking kids here!:fu:

- Keyser Soze - 04-13-2002

I was thinking the same thing Sluggo, but then again there are some here that will think i'm damn young for naming Prince as my first album.

- Spitfire - 04-13-2002

My first album I asked my parents to buy was Thriller...the first casette I bought was either Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet or Def Leppard - Hysteria

2 albums changed the way I listen to music: Dream Theater - Images and Words and Kyuss- Welcome to Sky Valley...but you all know that already :thumbs-up:

- LZMF1 - 04-14-2002

KISS love gun is the 1st album i ever owned. it was '77 i think, so i was aound 6 years old. i still have it.