CDIH
O&A bound to get fired again - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: O&A Uncensored (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: O&A General Show Discussion (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: O&A bound to get fired again (/showthread.php?tid=12521)

O&A bound to get fired again - Charles Manson - 01-13-2007

Latest rating listed them at 1.6. I don't know what that means but I know it's not good. They have really been horrible lately though. I haven't listened in at least a month but I did see their appearance on Leno. Total shit and it wasn't half as good as Letterman. Well prime time entertainers don't last very long with numbers like that so I expect that if they get the boot then that will probably be the end of their radio run forever.

- Keyser Soze - 01-13-2007

did you hear gilbert on stern this week?

- Charles Manson - 01-13-2007

no, what day?

- Keyser Soze - 01-13-2007

weds i believe, he came on at the end and sit in for the news. then he also sat in with artie during the after show.

- GonzoStyle - 01-13-2007

and what happened?

- GonzoStyle - 01-13-2007

got this from someone on oa.net

12+ 1.6 down from 2.2
25 to 54 2.4 down from 3.1 (persons)
18 to 34 3.1 down from 4.1
25 to 54 3.9 down from 5.0 (men)

- Charles Manson - 01-13-2007

That's david lee roth numbers right there. And they are even starting to make excuses for it saying oohhh that arbitron it sucks monkey ass f's. Their ratings are in the shitter and so is XM Radio's entire business. They are headed for a hard fall. Meanwhile Stern gets an $83 million dollar bonus because of all the new Sirius subscribers. Man, Stern looks like a genius right now.

- Galt - 01-13-2007

O&A just need to do some more contests. That's all.

OAAAWITE!

- GonzoStyle - 01-14-2007

They should try some new contests like this

Quote:Woman drinks so much water she dies
POSTED: 10:33 p.m. EST, January 13, 2007

Story Highlights
• Woman, 28, dies of water intoxication, assistant coroner says
• Radio contest required drinking large amounts, not voiding
• Victim was trying to win video game console for her children

SACRAMENTO, California (AP) -- A woman who competed in a radio station's contest to see how much water she could drink without going to the bathroom died of water intoxication, the coroner's office said Saturday.

Jennifer Strange, 28, was found dead Friday in her suburban Rancho Cordova home hours after taking part in the "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest in which KDND 107.9 promised a Nintendo Wii video game system for the winner.

"She said to one of our supervisors that she was on her way home and her head was hurting her real bad," said Laura Rios, one of Strange's co-workers at Radiological Associates of Sacramento. "She was crying, and that was the last that anyone had heard from her."

It was not immediately known how much water Strange consumed.

A preliminary investigation found evidence "consistent with a water intoxication death," said assistant Coroner Ed Smith.

John Geary, vice president and marketing manager for Entercom Sacramento, the station's owner, said station personnel were stunned when they heard of Strange's death.

"We are awaiting information that will help explain how this tragic event occurred," he said.

Initially, contestants were handed 8-ounce bottles of water to drink every 15 minutes.

"They were small little half-pint bottles, so we thought it was going to be easy," said fellow contestant James Ybarra of Woodland. "They told us if you don't feel like you can do this, don't put your health at risk."

Ybarra said he quit after drinking five bottles. "My bladder couldn't handle it anymore," he added.

After he quit, he said, the remaining contestants, including Strange, were given even bigger bottles to drink.

"I was talking to her and she was a nice lady," Ybarra said. "She was telling me about her family and her three kids and how she was doing it for her kids."

- Gooch - 01-14-2007

Joyce could probably handle more water than that.

- Mad - 01-14-2007

Oops, that's a career ending stunt.

- The Jays - 01-16-2007

I hope Ron and Fez can turn that station around.

- Keyser Soze - 01-17-2007

ron and fez are great, but they have a niche audience.