CDIH
The Deer Hunter - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Deer Hunter (/showthread.php?tid=12557)

The Deer Hunter - diceisgod - 01-31-2007

Other than a few select Deniro moments this movie is pretty much a boring piece of shit. Other than the MOU! MOU! part there's really nothing to see here.

- Keyser Soze - 01-31-2007

i saw the prestige today, fucking awesome.

- lush - 01-31-2007

So at what point did you realize? I bet you it was at the end

- Galt - 01-31-2007

I also though Deer Hunter sucked pretty much never got it.

But then, I don't like most movies made befoe 1986

- funsnapsdyno - 01-31-2007

Someone told me that was one of the greatest movies but I've only seen bits and pieces

- GonzoStyle - 01-31-2007

Galt Wrote:I also though Deer Hunter sucked pretty much never got it.

But then, I don't like most movies made befoe 1986

whoa whoa, what happened to 1972? What is the significance of 86 now?

and Deer Hunter is an awesome movie, though it is a bit overblown and coulda been significantly shorter. That was cimmino's downfall in the end, he made heavens gate and single handidly bankrupted United Artists and pretty much killed the studios belief in the western genre, also ruined it for directors in general as far as allowing them control of their films, especially with large budgets.

- Galt - 01-31-2007

There were NO good movies before The Godfather. That's proven fact.

Between '72 and '86 there were some good movies.

Starting in '86 the true film renaissance began: Platoon, Top Gun, Ferris Bueller, Stand By Me, One Crazy Summer, Heartbreak Ridge, Crocodile Dundee, Back to School, Golden Child, The Money Pit, Color of Money, The Fly, Aliens, Lucas, Running Scared, Short Circuit, Ruthless People. Even Howard the Duck, Soul Man, Iron Eagle, Big Trouble in Little China, Youngblood, The Hitcher, Cobra, and Transformers: The Movie were in '86 - all some of the best "bad" movies of all time.

It's a year of film that has yet to be surpassed.

- funsnapsdyno - 01-31-2007

Galt Wrote:It's a year of film that has yet to be surpassed.

don't forget Pretty In Pink

- Bloody Anus - 01-31-2007

I felt the same way about Taxi Driver. Aside from the "you talkin to me" scene - which is only recognized as being good becuase of how much it's been parodied over the years - and the final shootout scene, it's pretty much a boring film. DeNiro drives around, talks to himself. Stops, gets out and talks to a whore. Drives some more, stops, talks to a younger whore. Buys some guns. Goes home, shaves part of his head. Drives some more. Shoots Harvey Keitel. The End.

It was a decent movie overall, I just don't see how it's considered a "classic" just because Scorsese and DeNiro were involved.

- Keyser Soze - 01-31-2007

it was obvious as soon as tesla finished his machine.