CDIH
Oscar Winners 2007 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Oscar Winners 2007 (/showthread.php?tid=12598)

Oscar Winners 2007 - funsnapsdyno - 02-26-2007

winners in bold

I still need to see The Departed..

Quote:Best Picture: "Babel," "The Departed," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Queen."

Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland."

Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Helen Mirren, "The Queen"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children."

Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children"; Djimon Hounsou, "Blood Diamond"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed."

Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel."

Directing: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, "Babel"; Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"; Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Stephen Frears, "The Queen"; Paul Greengrass, "United 93."

Foreign Language Film: "After the Wedding," Denmark; "Days of Glory (Indigenes)," Algeria; "The Lives of Others," Germany; "Pan's Labyrinth," Mexico; "Water," Canada.

Adapted Screenplay: Sacha Baron Cohen and Anthony Hines and Peter Baynham and Dan Mazer and Todd Phillips, "Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"; Alfonso Cuaron and Timothy J. Sexton and David Arata and Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, "Children of Men"; William Monahan, "The Departed"; Todd Field and Tom Perrotta, "Little Children"; Patrick Marber, "Notes on a Scandal."

Original Screenplay: Guillermo Arriaga, "Babel"; Iris Yamashita and Paul Haggis, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Guillermo del Toro, "Pan's Labyrinth"; Peter Morgan, "The Queen."

Animated Feature Film: "Cars," "Happy Feet," "Monster House."

Art Direction: "Dreamgirls," "The Good Shepherd," "Pan's Labyrinth," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "The Prestige."

Cinematography: "The Black Dahlia," "Children of Men," "The Illusionist," "Pan's Labyrinth," "The Prestige."

Sound Mixing: "Apocalypto," "Blood Diamond," "Dreamgirls," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

Sound Editing: "Apocalypto," "Blood Diamond," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

Original Score: "Babel," Gustavo Santaolalla; "The Good German," Thomas Newman; "Notes on a Scandal," Philip Glass; "Pan's Labyrinth," Javier Navarrete; "The Queen," Alexandre Desplat.

Original Song: "I Need to Wake Up" from "An Inconvenient Truth," Melissa Etheridge; "Listen" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger, Scott Cutler and Anne Preven; "Love You I Do" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger and Siedah Garrett; "Our Town" from "Cars," Randy Newman; "Patience" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger and Willie Reale.

Costume: "Curse of the Golden Flower," "The Devil Wears Prada," "Dreamgirls," "Marie Antoinette," "The Queen."

"An Inconvenient Truth," "Iraq in Fragments," "Jesus Camp," "My Country, My Country."

Documentary (short subject): "The Blood of Yingzhou District," "Recycled Life," "Rehearsing a Dream," "Two Hands."

Film Editing: "Babel," "Blood Diamond," "Children of Men," "The Departed," "United 93."

Makeup: "Apocalypto," "Click," "Pan's Labyrinth."

Animated Short Film: "The Danish Poet," "Lifted," "The Little Matchgirl," "Maestro," "No Time for Nuts."

Live Action Short Film: "Binta and the Great Idea (Binta Y La Gran Idea)," "Eramos Pocos (One Too Many)," "Helmer & Son," "The Saviour," "West Bank Story."

Visual Effects: "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "Poseidon," "Superman Returns."

Academy Award winners previously announced this year:

Honorary Award (Oscar statuette): Ennio Morricone

Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award (Oscar statuette): Sherry Lansing

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wcbstv.com/entertainment/local_story_057045612.html">http://wcbstv.com/entertainment/local_s ... 45612.html</a><!-- m -->

- Galt - 02-26-2007

Thank you sooooooo much!

- Keyser Soze - 02-26-2007

i was looking all over for that

- funsnapsdyno - 02-26-2007

why do I bother

- Galt - 02-26-2007

I could have sworn that I saw an article that said that Leo "finally wins Oscar" this morning, and I was so excited. Blood Diamond was like my little baby - no one I knew had seen it. I kept raving about it, and STILL those fuckers wouldn't go see it.

I was hoping he'd win so I could spit in their face.

- Gooch - 02-26-2007

pretty lame hope.

- Goatweed - 02-26-2007

oh shit the oscars were last night?????

- Galt - 02-26-2007

Gooch Wrote:pretty lame hope.
When I have everything else I'd want, then my hopes are limited.

- Mad - 02-26-2007

You're still in the money with those Sony options, right?

- Galt - 02-26-2007

well in the money. Sold them all. 4X return.

Bought some JBLU options today. June $15s @ $.50

- funsnapsdyno - 02-26-2007

Galt Wrote:I could have sworn that I saw an article that said that Leo "finally wins Oscar" this morning, and I was so excited. Blood Diamond was like my little baby - no one I knew had seen it. I kept raving about it, and STILL those fuckers wouldn't go see it.

I was hoping he'd win so I could spit in their face.

I never saw that either. It looks like the only one out of all the nominations that I saw was An Inconvenient Truth.

- The Jays - 02-27-2007

my predictions were spot on. I called every single one of these winners.

- The Jays - 02-27-2007

here, this is what my prediction list looked like for proof.
Quote:Best Picture
The Departed

Forest WhitakerBest Actor
Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland

Best Actress
Dame Helen Mirren, The Queen

Best Supporting Actor
Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine

Best Supporting Actress
Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls

Best Director
Martin Scorsese, The Departed

Little Miss SunshineBest Original Screenplay
Little Miss Sunshine

Best Adapted Screenplay
The Departed

Foreign Language Film
The Lives of Others

Animated Feature
Happy Feet

BabelMusic (Score)
Babel

Music (Song)
I Need to Wake Up - Melissa Etheridge (from An Inconvenient Truth)

Best Art Direction
Eugenio Caballero & Pilar Revuelta, Pan's Labyrinth

Best Makeup
David Marti And Montse Ribe, Pan's Labyrinth

Best Animated Short Film
The Danish Poet

Best Live Action Film Short
West Bank Story

Best Sound Editing
lan Robert Murray & Bub Asman, Flags Of Our Fathers

Best Sound Mixing
Willie Burton, Bob Beemer & Michael Minkler, Dreamgirls

Best Costume Design
Milena Canonero, Marie Antoinette

Best Cinematography
Guillermo Navarro, Pan's Labyrinth

Best Visual Effects
John Knoll, Allen Hall, Charles Gibson & Hal Hickel, Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Best Documentary Short
The Blood Of Yingzhou District

Best Documentary Feature
An Inconvenient Truth

Best Film Editing
Thelma Schoonmaker, The Departed

- The Jays - 02-27-2007

and just so ya'll don't accuse of cribbing that list, yes, I call all broads from England dame.

- funsnapsdyno - 02-27-2007

Shenannigans!

- The Jays - 02-27-2007

rubbish!

- Keyser Soze - 02-27-2007

i never heard you refer to tunnel cop fucker as dame.

- Keyser Soze - 02-28-2007

just watched blood diamond.

it was the best picture of this year, hands down.

leo's accent didn't bother me one bit. i sobbed like a bitch near the end.

don't get me wrong, i loved the departed but blood diamond was a much denser movie, and the location and cinematography along with the great story just make it a more satisfying film all around.

- Gooch - 02-28-2007

faggot.