CDIH
crappy movies - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: crappy movies (/showthread.php?tid=12608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- drusilla - 03-07-2007

i love broken lizard movies. you know this. (puddle cruiser was actually kinda shitty. they improved greatly since then) i love camp & intentional stupidity. i hate movies that try to be really really really smart & condescending to the audience. they just wind up boring me.

- GonzoStyle - 03-07-2007

We differ on this subject, much like the greatness of cheese. Seriously though, you're a fuckin weirdo.

- drusilla - 03-07-2007

never said i wasn't

- Gooch - 03-07-2007

drusilla Wrote:
Gooch Wrote:I thought The Secretary overhyped pedantic tittilation for the sexually repressed. I thought Evil Dead 2 was sexier. But thats just me. Spader is just a glorified B movie actor. Bruce Campbell shows more range.

you have issues. spader is plays really sexy characters, this has nothing to do with his actual acting ability or his range. the less he changes it up the better. i don't think it's for the repressed either, maybe snaps needs to be more open minded since she threw out that "ew" comment about it's hotness.

Magnolia is about the only thing that redeems you.

- drusilla - 03-07-2007

phew!

- Gooch - 03-07-2007

the dothead in the broken lizard movies can out-act James Spader.

- Galt - 03-07-2007

Beerfest was painful. As was that Club Med horror flick. Super Troopers was great.

And I never said I didn't like Secretary. I actually bought as a gift for a girl who liked to be spanked.

Though I don't like Spader, and I don't find Maggie Gyllenhaal attractive. It would be like if they made Fight Club with Owen Wilson and Ashton Kutcher. I would still think it was a good movie (though not as good) but I could hate the people playing it.

I thought Crash was good. Not fantastic, but good.

I still hate every one of you for not rushing out and watching Blood Diamond which is the best movie made this decade.

- Gooch - 03-07-2007

i'll see it on DVD. Go see Children of Men & Pan's Labyrinth

i'm seeing 300 at the imax this friday. Anyone see Zodiac yet?

- GonzoStyle - 03-07-2007

Oh man I almost forgot about 300, I wanna see that.

- drusilla - 03-07-2007

i really want to go see zodiac but dino hates jake gyllenhal.

we're probably going to see the 300 this weekend, but not in imax. i'm afraid it would give me a headache. when i go to the movies i have to sit all the way in the back so i can focus on the whole screen. light really fucks with my eyes worse than a normal person.

- faceman802 - 03-07-2007

Stargate wasn't bad and spader wasn't horrible in it.

horrible movies I've seen in no particular order

Dark Water
Showtime...deniro and murphy and it sucked??? who would have thought
The Forgotten
and
The Hours... everytime I give julianne moore a shot she fucks me

- Galt - 03-07-2007

I would rather cut off a finger than go see 300.

I will see Children of Men.

Dru is a vampire.

- drusilla - 03-07-2007

that's not the first time i've heard that

- faceman802 - 03-07-2007

without even seeing it I can unequvically state that Blood Diamond is not the best film of this decade

- funsnapsdyno - 03-07-2007

Another one I rented not long ago was "Friends With Money". I thought that with Joan Cusack, it would be funny/good, but no...

- Bloody Anus - 03-07-2007

-Crash. Not necessarily crappy per se, just highly overrated. Everyone's a racist, yeah so? This is an important Hollywood revelation?

-Queen of the Damned. Not because it wasn't true to the books, because I haven't read any of them. Because the only reason it was made was for the crappy soundtrack. The entire premise of a vampire joining a rock band is something you'd expect from a campy 80's Troma movie that doesn't take itself seriously. The only good thing to come from this is the death of Aaaaliayahaha

-The Wicker Man. NOTHING happened in this movie at all.

-Lost Souls. Even less happened in this crapfest

-The Astronaut's Wife. And somehow even less here

-Freedomland. It's not so much the movie I had a problem with. It's Julianne Moore's character and the way they pass her off as some kind of victim that the audience is supposed to feel sympathy for. A mother of a 4-year old kills her son and blames it on a nigger, turning the ghetto into even more of a war zone. If this happens in real life the public would view her the same way they view any unfit mother that harms her children. Only in Hollywood can they make a protagonist out of a drugged-up unfit mother.

-Ewoks and the Battle for Endor. The Ewok Adventure is an 80's classic, and I didn't remember this sequel so I watched it a few years ago. When Wilford Brimley started singing, I had to turn it off. And no matter how bad a movie is, I will always watch it all the way through.

-Date Movie. The only other movie I could not make it all the way through. Just awful.

-Supernova. Don't even remember why it was so bad, it just was.

-Alone in the Dark. Tara Reid plays an archaeologist.

-The Covenant. Good idea, horrible execution. Zero character development whatsoever.

-The Princess Bride. Saw it in the theaters and absolutely hated it. It's in the imdb top 250 so I guess it's supposed to be good, but I just never bothered re-watching it after the first time.

-Angels in the Outfield. There’s a scene where the little nig kid is afraid to get into a car because his family used to live in one or something. Then later on in the movie there’s a scene with him happily riding in a car.

-The Scout. I realize not all baseball movies are based on reality, but this is just crossing the line. A perfect game with 27 strikeouts and 81 total pitches – 3 strikes to each batter? Fuck you.

-Armageddon. Hey, the world is about to end and we’re the only ones that can stop it from happening. Let’s slack off, bullshit around and not take our jobs seriously!

- drusilla - 03-07-2007

Bloody Anus Wrote:-Crash. Not necessarily crappy per se, just highly overrated. Everyone's a racist, yeah so? This is an important Hollywood revelation?

-The Wicker Man. NOTHING happened in this movie at all.

that was exactly what i thought of crash. big whoop.

i forgot about wickerman! NOTHING HAPPENS. even the big shocking ending from the special feature dvd was a waste. oh my god we actually see them break his legs instead of just hearing it like in the theatrical version. one of the worst movies ever ever ever ever.

- drusilla - 03-07-2007

queen of the damned is an awful movie. nothing compared to interview, it shouldn't' even really be mentioned in the same sentences. but i'll still watch it over & over.

& the princess bride is a really fun movie. i too saw it in the theater as a kid, but i loved it.

- Galt - 03-07-2007

Thin Red Line. Boring as hell. What a let down when you go in expecting Saving Private Ryan.
JFK - I have never been able to finish this movie - I've tried three times.
Sin City - so fucking stupid, and I hate anyone who doesn't agree. I understand it was supposed to be a live action comic book and horribly acted with stupid coloring. If that's what they were gunning for, then great. It was still horrible.
Serving Sara. One of the reason I hate girls is that they make me go to movies like this.

- HedCold - 03-07-2007

Quote:-The Scout. I realize not all baseball movies are based on reality, but this is just crossing the line. A perfect game with 27 strikeouts and 81 total pitches – 3 strikes to each batter? Fuck you.

i found it funny that ozzie smith was all of a sudden the greatest hitter ever in this movie, but he was still batting 9th