CDIH
The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12626)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 06-19-2007

Here's a simple baseball question I have.

A pitcher gives up a single to the batter. On the next batter, a fielder makes an error which gets the man on base and advances the runner. Next hit they both score. Is only one of them an unearned run?

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 06-19-2007

at most. Depending on how many outs there were at the time, it may be zero earned runs.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 06-19-2007

How about, the leadoff batter in the 9th inning?

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 08-03-2007

Shelley Duncan is cool.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 08-08-2007

7 players are in the top 50 in batting average on the Yankees. Posada, Jeter, Cano, Cabrera, Rodriguez, Matsui, and Abreu.

Their starting lineup

Damon
Cabrera
Jeter
Abreu
Rodriguez
Posada
Matsui
Cano
Phillips

Bench
Giambi
Duncan
Cairo
Betitmit
Molina

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 08-21-2007

I say it's going to be a Yankees-Diamondbacks series, part Deux.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 08-22-2007

Negative. Yankees recent surge was due to weak opponents.

Tigers - Mets.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 08-22-2007

Didn't they just beat Detroit 3-1

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 08-22-2007

Yes. And the Washington Nationals have also beat Milwaukee this year. What's your point?

Look at who they played over the past 5 weeks when they've won over 70% of their games: the Angels (three games), Devil Rays (eight games), Blue Jays (seven games), Royals (seven games), Orioles (seven games), White Sox (three games), Cleveland (three games) and Tigers (four games). All in all, that's only 17 games out of 42 against teams above .500.

Just 15 of their 37 remaining games are against teams currently under .500.

On the other hand, the Red Sox (who will be up 6 after tonight) have only 6 games remaining againts teams who are .500 or above - all the Yankees.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Keyser Soze - 08-22-2007

even if the yankees fail to make the playoffs, hats off to them for making what was a total clusterfuck of a season somewhat interesting.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 08-30-2007

Galt Wrote:Yes. And the Washington Nationals have also beat Milwaukee this year. What's your point?

Look at who they played over the past 5 weeks when they've won over 70% of their games: the Angels (three games), Devil Rays (eight games), Blue Jays (seven games), Royals (seven games), Orioles (seven games), White Sox (three games), Cleveland (three games) and Tigers (four games). All in all, that's only 17 games out of 42 against teams above .500.

Just 15 of their 37 remaining games are against teams currently under .500.

On the other hand, the Red Sox (who will be up 6 after tonight) have only 6 games remaining againts teams who are .500 or above - all the Yankees.

The only tough series the Yanks have left after the Red Sox is Seattle, at Seattle, and if the Yanks are to believe they deserve to win the East, let alone make the playoffs, they need to win that series. While I whole-heartedly believe that the Yankees have what it takes to make the playoffs, it's still a scary time. They spent the first half of the season below 500, and the only thing obessively on every fan's mind is the number in between the Sox and the Yanks. It's maddening.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 08-30-2007

By the way, I completely made up those numbers. I have no idea who is playing how many games against over or under .500 teams.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 08-30-2007

Eh, it was probably close, but Minnesota is barely a .500 team, so, it's like over 10 or so. Otherwise, it's similiar to the Sox.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 08-31-2007

That's how a series gets won. The Sox are the best in baseball, and the Yanks shut them down. They won off Dice K , Beckett, and Shilling, and get Okajima to give up his highest amount of earned runs, matching his previous total for the month of August. I wish I could have seen the game today. I kept checking the 30 second refreshing box score, once I saw Cano had hit a 0-0 pitch off of Shilling the first time up, I knew he would probably hit another if Shilling stayed in. Joba gets thrown out after throwing another no-run inning, basically having Okajima's mid-June to mid-July stretch of pitching. If the Yanks don't keep this going, they will again implode in a game this week and give up double digit runs, which is how they have gone since the All-Star break. Fortunately, Mussina is not pitching, because he has no strike zone right now. When he won that stretch of games, he was arguing pitches every inning, he knew his stuff was not there, and he has even admitted he has no confidence in anything he throws. Better to try Kennedy now against Tampa than have Mussina give away a game in the first. He needs to work on something with Clemens or Pettite, or else he needs to admit he is hurt, and stop working through his injury. Wang is great though, a very refreshing pitcher.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 09-09-2007

A-rod is pretty good.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 09-09-2007

He is single handedly going to cost me 1st place in my fantasy league. The guy's team has nothing but A-rod, and it doesn't even matter.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 09-15-2007

Holy crap is that bullpen overrated.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 09-17-2007

Why does it look like Lugo has contracted AIDS since joining the Red Sox? He looks like he weighs maybe 70 pounds, and that's mostly his head.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 09-20-2007

It must be September.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 10-08-2007

I think Steinbrenner is a fucking asshole for pulling this shit before the biggest game of the year, but thank god the Yanks did what they had to do. Hopefully, they beat Paul Byrd, and get the second chance against CC.