CDIH
The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12626)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 10-08-2007

They are honestly going with Byrd tomorrow instead of CC? That's just asking for trouble. It's basically giving up game 4 and hoping that home field means something.

Though I guess it's beneficial for the Sox for the series to go 5 games.b

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 10-09-2007

Blech.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Goatweed - 10-09-2007

yea

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 10-09-2007

Never had a doubt.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 10-10-2007

See ya when the Rockies knock the Sox off in the series.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Galt - 10-11-2007

Let's say the Yankees sign Rivera and Posada, and re-up Pettite and Abreu for one more year.

After the 2008 season, the following contracts expire: Petite, Abreu, Giambi, Mussina, Pavano, Farnsworth, and also obviously including Clemens.

Basically, the Yankees shave something like $70-$80MM off their payroll.

This year's free agent class isn't very impressive. But looking forward to 2009, I could see the Yankees signing 2 or 3 superstars:
C: Johjima, AJ Pierzinski
1B: Texeira, Sexson
2B: Nobody really, good, but they have Cano anyway
3B: Nobody really, good, but they have Arod (who will absolutely stay with NYY) anyway
SS: Nobody really, good, but they have Jeter anyway
OF: Carl Crawford, Adam Dunn, Vlad, Ibanez, Manny, Wily Mo Pena
SP: Jake Peavy, Johan Santana, CC Sabathia, John Lackey, Ben Sheets, AJ Burnett, Rich Harden,

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - HedCold - 10-11-2007

before i go accusing you of saying this, do you mean the yankees would only sign posada for a 1 or 2 year contract? (i say this because you mention catchers they can sign in 2009)

some dumbass team will give him 3 or 4 years, and hopefully its not the mets

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Bloody Anus - 10-11-2007

You really, like to use commas.

HedCold Wrote:before i go accusing you of saying this, do you mean the yankees would only sign posada for a 1 or 2 year contract? (i say this because you mention catchers they can sign in 2009)

some dumbass team will give him 3 or 4 years, and hopefully its not the mets

Nno, the Yankees will give him a 3 year contract.

Bloody Anus Wrote:You really, like to use commas.

that was a late-edit where I took a bunch of random players, and it made my post look like one of DIGs ham-fisted grammarastrophes

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Bloody Anus - 10-11-2007

The Jays Wrote:
Bloody Anus Wrote:To justify my initial skepticism...Bruney has the same number of walks (19) as Schoeneweis in just 6.2 more innings. He's always been a walks machine. It's only a matter of time before that 2.20 ERA creeps its way up towards 5.

Yeah, but Bruney also has 15 more strikeouts that Shoeneweis, and 6 more SO than walks. Bruney is allowing less than a hit per inning, getting a strike out per inning, while walking one per inning. So, yeah, walks machine, sure.

Oh yeah, by the way...Bruney's final line: 4.68 ERA, 2 less strikeouts, 9 more walks in 9 fewer innings than Schoeneweis. So, yeah, awesome, sure.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 10-12-2007

Hey, people are allowed to be wrong.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - The Jays - 10-18-2007

You know, to be honest, I've felt pretty crappy when thinking about baseball this past week, and only the Rockies could make me feel real good about watching non-Yankee baseball. But, Manny Ramirez, the most unlikely person, eased my sore feelings with just one sentence.

"If we don't do it, we'll come back next year and try again . . . If it doesn't happen, who cares? There's always next year. It's not the end of the world."

Man, he is so right. I wish he was a Yankee now. He could have been telling those guys that and maybe they would have come back and beaten the Indians.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - Goatweed - 10-19-2007

there wont be a next year for Torre tho.

Re: The 2007 New York Yankees Thread - GonzoStyle - 11-15-2007

that whole drama was so gay