CDIH
The 2007 New York Mets Thread - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The 2007 New York Mets Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12630)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The 2007 New York Mets Thread - HedCold - 04-09-2007

since theres a yankee one

i was at the game today, saw jim breuer in the picnic area. he was wearing a pedro martinez robe

- Keyser Soze - 04-10-2007

the jimmy rollins chant was great

- Bloody Anus - 04-23-2007

Randolph has been great and all, but I can really do without the overmanaging of the bullpen. Sure you have 2 late inning lefties, but that doesn't mean you need to use them in every single opportunity. Yesterday Burgos relieved Glavine in the 7th and retired the first 2 batters with relative ease. Then Jew Green loses the fly ball that should have been the third out. Then Schoeneweis is bought in and he walks Johnson to set up the tying Renteria homer. You're going to have to trust Burgos to get out lefties at some point this season. He's been a closer in the past so he's got experience getting out left handed batters. And it's not like Chipper Jones or a Bonds or Ortiz type of power hitter was coming up; it was Kelly fucking Johnson, a young inexperienced hitter that had seen Glavine for 6 innings, now seeing a hard throwing righty. Make him beat you. Make him prove he can adjust to big league pitching. He looked awful against Perez Saturday, but that had more to do with Perez' stuff that day than Johnson's (in)ability to hit lefties. Playing matchups has its place, but sometimes it’s just overkill and ends up unnecessarily taxing the bullpen.

- Keyser Soze - 04-24-2007

i have a problem with him being inconsistent with his moves and going by what he calls 'feel'

he left burgos in a similar situation, and ryan howard deposited a ball over the right field fence. this time he takes burgos out, and brings in show, who has walked the ballpark early on.

- HedCold - 05-01-2007

alou possibly being hurt would be a reason not to, but i really think wright should move to the 2 spot. even though hes stinking power wise his OBP is still there. him and reyes can get on base for beltran who is mashing the ball.
loduca and delgado have been pretty bad.

- Galt - 05-01-2007

How many bases will Reyes steal this year?

barring injury, it's gotta be over 80, right?

- HedCold - 05-01-2007

he's on pace for like 114. who knows if he can keep up his extremely high OBP though. even if it drops to like 400 you have to figure 80 would be easy.

- Bloody Anus - 05-01-2007

I've been saying for close to 3 years now that Beltran should be batting 2nd. He had his best years in KC and went nuts in Houston in the 2 hole. This wouldn't make sense on a healthy Mets team because Lo Duca is an even better option there, but it's something that should be explored more when Castro catches. Still, it doesn't really bother me as much as it did 2 years ago if he bats 2nd or 3rd because he's going to hit anywhere you put him.

Also, it was explained the day after that Braves game that since it's still April Randolph is just experimenting with the newcomers in the bullpen to see just what their ideal roles will be later in the season. I can live with that.

- Keyser Soze - 05-01-2007

when a team bats its best three hitters at the top of the lineup, it will score more runs, because their best players will get to the plate more. i'd like to see reyes, beltran and wright batting 1-2-3, once wright gets his shit together.

however i don't see it happening, except for games where alou is not playing. i could be wrong however, because alou is playing, and willie is batting lo duca 7th tonight, and reyes, beltran, and wright are batting 1-2-3

that being said, lo duca is actually very effective at moving runners over in the two hole. when he makes outs, they're usually not of the double play variety and he's usually getting himself out while still advancing the runner.

he's not going to drive in as many runs obviously as someone like beltran or wright because he's not hitting as many extra base hits as they are, but he's not a bad 2 hitter in any sense.

- Galt - 05-02-2007

Wright should be hitting 2nd. He takes a lot of pitches, which will give Reyes a lot of looks. He's got great OBP, so there will be more times when Beltran and Delgado bat with players on.

Beltran is their best hitter. The best hitter bats third.

Delgado is their best pure power hitter. He should bat 4th.

Then Alou.

Then Green.

Then whoever is playing 2B

Then LoDuca

- Keyser Soze - 05-02-2007

i would agree with that.....wright got his first dinger tonight and is a triple short of the cycle right now batting in the second spot.

- HedCold - 05-02-2007

wright is batting 5th again, but alou is getting a day off

- Keyser Soze - 05-02-2007

another two hits for wright today, should have been three if not for that kneecap.

- HedCold - 05-15-2007

with smoltz out it should make things easier.

he is like my 5th pitcher on my fantasy team to go to the DL though Sad

- HedCold - 05-16-2007

how come YES gets road yankee games in HD, but SNY never does? i assume its just the mets being cheap

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-16-2007

L Millz

- Hybrid - 05-16-2007

ill be at the game saturday.

- Hybrid - 05-17-2007

wow what a great come from behind win that was.

- HedCold - 05-28-2007

i haven't been able to watch much lately, but when i do it seems like reyes consistently pops out. his swing from the left side is a lot more loopy then normal

Re: The 2007 New York Mets Thread - Hybrid - 06-07-2007

reyes hasnt been all that great lately. when he gets a hit its at times that dont matter. he had a nice lead off one yesterday though.

poor endy going down yesterday. Sad