CDIH
The only good to come from cell phones - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The only good to come from cell phones (/showthread.php?tid=12649)

Pages: 1 2

The only good to come from cell phones - Bloody Anus - 05-09-2007

The real streets of Las Vegas

[Image: whatthefuck.jpg]
[Image: whatthefuck2.jpg]
[Image: whatthefuck3.jpg]
[Image: whatthefuck4.jpg]
[Image: whatthefuck5.jpg]

- drusilla - 05-09-2007

wow

- Galt - 05-09-2007

huh?

- Black Lazerus - 05-09-2007

yeah look at the signage galt the sigs apparently show that all lanes are closed ahead

- diceisgod - 05-09-2007

the PA turnpike is worse

- The Sleeper - 05-10-2007

i also like that you can carry it with you and make phone calls and contact people while you're out of the house

- The Jays - 05-10-2007

and you can throw them against the floor when you get mad.

i did that with my old phone after i got a new phone

- The Jays - 05-10-2007

I did that with my old phone, and ended up with an older phone.

- Bloody Anus - 05-10-2007

Quote:i also like that you can carry it with you and make phone calls and contact people while you're out of the house
I don't think you've ever had anything important enough to say that couldn't wait until you're inside of the house. Making phone calls (AND contacting people) out of the house should only be done in case of extreme emergencies. Like if you're in a car accident, or in the supermarket and can't remember if you need croutons or not.

- Goatweed - 05-10-2007

what if you need to call your bookie & you're stuck in bumper to bumper traffic?

- GonzoStyle - 05-10-2007

or you need to take pics of stuff

what if you're meeting up with someone and need to find out where they are?

- Galt - 05-10-2007

What if you want to utilize the technology advancement like every other technology advancement in life - to make you more productive with your time?

Or would you rather dedicate 30 minutes to be outside running your errands and a separate 30 minutes to make a personal phone call?

If they're more than a half hour late, chances are they were in an accident, in which case they'll call. Or they're dead, in which case you're relieved of having to spend time with them. Or maybe they're just an inconsiderate dick that shows up late to everything, in which case you should just ditch them and seek more reliable friends.

- Galt - 05-10-2007

I think he meant: If you are both meeting somewhere, say at a fun waterpark, rather than planning 2 days ahead of time to meet at the main entrance (thereby missing out on fun while waiting) or picking some arbitrary place to meet, you just call each other when you arrive. "where are you? I'm at the Cyclone." "Oh, I'm at Hurricane Alley, I'll meet you at the fried dough stand in 10 minutes." "Aces!"

Quote:Or would you rather dedicate 30 minutes to be outside running your errands and a separate 30 minutes to make a personal phone call?
If it's a personal phone call - especially of the 30 minute variety - it should take place in a more private setting than waiting in line at Krispy Kreme or walking up and down the aisles at the Home Depot. How engaged in the conversation can you really be while simultaneously deciding between a raspberry or bologna filled eclair? Doesn't the person you're talking to deserve a little more of your attention span? And - even though they're inferior to you in every conceivable way - doesn't the cashier deserve a bit more courtesy than having some self-important cock stand right in front of you and fail to even acknowledge the goods you just provided them because they're too busy talking to their whore friend about what a meanie that Simon Cowell is?

- Galt - 05-10-2007

driving around. walking around the park. MULTITASKING.

There's a wide gap between being the obnoxious ass with the bluetooth headset who lets the entire planet listen in on his private phone calls and the vampire hermit who doesn't leave his apartment so he can dedicate 100% of his attention to using his rotary phone in perfect silence.

Driving while on a cell phone is just as bad. I avoid this at all costs. Not just because it's dangerous (not to mention impractical on a standard transmission) but because it is completely unnecessary. Nothing I have to say or anybody has to say to me is so important that it can't wait until I'm in a position to talk without endangering myself and everybody else on the road. Actually, it's not even the endangering part that bothers me about cell phone drivers. Whenever I see one, I hope a 12 car pileup is right around the corner. It's the fact that they think their lives are so important that they NEED to multitask in order to get anything accomplished. As if they are so stressed for time that by the time they reach their destination it's too late to have any kind of meaningful conversation, whether it be the 30 minute variety or 30 second variety. Nobody cares. Your life is just not that important.

Quote:There's a wide gap between being the obnoxious ass with the bluetooth headset who lets the entire planet listen in on his private phone calls and the vampire hermit who doesn't leave his apartment so he can dedicate 100% of his attention to using his rotary phone in perfect silence.
Yes, there certainly is. Thank you for that astute observation.

- diceisgod - 05-10-2007

i'm barely paying attention on the road without trying to call someone on the cell. I don't do.