CDIH
spider-man 3 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: spider-man 3 (/showthread.php?tid=12650)

Pages: 1 2

spider-man 3 - GonzoStyle - 05-09-2007

Anyone?

- Galt - 05-09-2007

I watched Mission Impossible 3 last night. Does that count?

It was actually pretty good.

- GonzoStyle - 05-09-2007

Never saw any of the mission impossible films, wasnt ever a fan of the old show either.

- HedCold - 05-09-2007

i saw it. it was very meh. parts were extremely slow, the part where he was "cool" i felt like i was watching the mask. the fight scenes were kinda cool, but also blurry. venom looked good, but was to underused.

- Gooch - 05-09-2007

Galt Wrote:I watched Mission Impossible 3 last night. Does that count?

It was actually pretty good.

indeed.

- The Jays - 05-10-2007

They tried to squeeze too much plot into an already bloated movie. Just because he's wearing a black suit doesn't mean they need to give it some slap-in-the-face symbolism to make the movie sapier than it already is. They should have picked one villian, and gone with that, sticking to Venom would have been a safe bet, being the most popular enemy of Spider-man and all. Sandman was pretty lame, at least Doc Ock and Norman Osbourne really went insane and did sme coldhearted shit. Everytime Thomas Hayden Church was not flying around as a big storm of sand, I wanted to cry because he was such a lame sad character, I never could hate him for doing what he was doing.

Venom, tho, they coulda done the whole darkside shit with the suit , cut out the lame "I'm evil so I gotta have a cowlick, bags under my eyes, and dance at jazz clubs" shit, and just focused on how much Eddie and Peter fuck each other over at work, spilling into the "super life" of the two, and having just some sick Spidey on Spidey violence. That's the whole reason for Venom to begin with, to have the evil Spiderman twin plot, and to shove all the Sandman, uncle's real killer, and not to mention Harry getting the memory knocked out of him like a puss on his first time out as the Goblin, too much too much.

They're gonna fuck it up more if they keep adding more and more villians, they're going to decimate the Maximum Carnage story with the next film.

- Goatweed - 05-10-2007

it was ok, but MI:3 is a better film simply because of Philip Seymour Hoffman.

- The Jays - 05-10-2007

He shoulda been Eddie Brock. Instead we got Forman.

- HedCold - 05-10-2007

i just watched MI:3 and it was much better than spider man 3

- funsnapsdyno - 05-10-2007

Someone told me if you liked Spiderman 1 and 2, you'll enjoy 3... so it looks like I'll be going to see 3.

- GonzoStyle - 05-10-2007

we should totally go together and you can try the popcorn trick with me.

- funsnapsdyno - 05-10-2007

Ooh! Sounds like a plan to me. We can sit in the back row.

- TheGMANN - 05-10-2007

As mediocre as Spidey 3 was ....its still 100x better than any other comic movie Marvel has forced down everyones throat.

- Keyser Soze - 05-11-2007

this movie looks as lame as gonzo's faux interest in funsnaps

- GonzoStyle - 05-11-2007

TheGMANN Wrote:As mediocre as Spidey 3 was ....its still 100x better than any other comic movie Marvel has forced down everyones throat.

X-men!!!

- TheGMANN - 05-11-2007

I didnt like the 1st X-men. To me it was MEH at best. X2 was the better.....and I refuse to speak about the peice of crap that was X-men 3.

Lets see, you have Iron Man coming out next year with Robert Downey Jr. and rumor has it that Ed Norton is gonna be in the new HULK movie. Hopefully Marvel will be putting out some quality films instead of just trying to make money.

- GonzoStyle - 05-11-2007

X1 was good, it was the first really good comic movie period, that wasnt cheesy but where you could actually call it a film. X2 was amazing, X3 had extreme potential because it involved probably one of the top 5 storylines ever and characters ever but they blew it, still better than spider-man 3 though.

Ironman to me was one of the lamest heros ever, it's like if batman was howard hughes with a bad liver.

Spiderman 1 and 2 and X-men 1 and 2 are still the benchmark.

- diceisgod - 05-11-2007

I think many of the scenes in spiderman 1,2 are so douche chill inspiring that's it's hard to watch some parts. But the action scenes are cool.

- TheGMANN - 05-12-2007

Oh yeah..... almost forgot....Mission Impossible 3 was really good.

Re: spider-man 3 - The Prodigal Son - 06-14-2007

With Spiderman 3, it just seemed like Raimi was too into trying to make it a FILM as opposed to making a movie, if that makes any sense. The whole love story was bullshit. Using Gwen Stacy the way they did just totally went away from the canon. You could just tell that Raimi was forced into using Venom. I like Thomas Haden Church, but he was definitely under utilized in this role. The action scenes were good, but I agree that it seemed a little blurry.

Personally, if another one is made, I would love the Kraven the Hunter storyline because it could be such a badass film.