CDIH
He's the Principal, man! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: He's the Principal, man! (/showthread.php?tid=12714)

Pages: 1 2

He's the Principal, man! - diceisgod - 09-02-2007

"Set It Off" by Organized Noise...

Do we look
Where is love
Has it gone
Do we search or move on
Feel the wind, as it blows
And my heart
Says the next time I'll know

Chorus:
Set it off, I suggest y'all
Set it off, I suggest y'all
Set it off
C'mon now, set it off
Set it off on the left y'all
Set it off on the right y'all
Set it off
C'mon now, set it off

Holdin' on
Friends around
All together
Searchin' for a way out
When it's time, will we know?
Or will life, grant us no second tries

Chorus

(Now it's too late to work it out)
Now it's too late to work it out
I'm in too deep to just pull out
(There ain't no way I'll walk away)
There ain't no way I'll turn away
Nothin to do but set it off

Chorus

Me hear police, them a chat about me just one time
Me live the life, love money - that's 2 crimes
What will be my destiny, ay ay?
Me say silly of me to think that I could ever get away with crime
What will I do?

[Latifah:]
Hey, when they come for you
Check it
I ain't got nowhere to go, nothing to lose - I'm lost
Who rotten but Cleo?
Hot like ultra reels
Wit my back to the wall, I put my gat on not dog
Replace your playa's ball wit the 911 call
Situations I've been in got me capable of sinnin'
You grinnin'?
Watch me speed-stick yo' *** like Mennon
Lettin' it off, settin' it off and beginnin'
Pinnin' these ill rhymes, representin' ill women
Set it

Re: He's the Principal, man! - diceisgod - 09-03-2007

Now that this movie is on OnDemand, I realize how much I underappreciated it. Victor Duncan was such a raspy-voiced badass! "The Princsssipal'sss a fun-ny guuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......"

Re: He's the Principal, man! - The Jays - 09-03-2007

The Principal used to be Channel 11's go-to movie, it was on at least every weekend for about 7 years or so.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - Goatweed - 09-03-2007

Louis Gosset > Jim Belushi

Re: He's the Principal, man! - The Jays - 09-03-2007

Louis Gosset, sure, he had the real power in the school, he sensed the comings and goings, and knew which problems needed correcting, but he was a mere chief of security. He needed an avatar who had the seat and the approval by the Board of Ed to wield his power under Lou Gosset's bidding. Jim Belushi, that guy has sap written all over him, he was wrapped around Gosset's pinky the whole movie.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - The Prodigal Son - 09-04-2007

Ummm...o.k.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - diceisgod - 09-05-2007

The Jays Wrote:Louis Gosset, sure, he had the real power in the school, he sensed the comings and goings, and knew which problems needed correcting, but he was a mere chief of security. He needed an avatar who had the seat and the approval by the Board of Ed to wield his power under Lou Gosset's bidding. Jim Belushi, that guy has sap written all over him, he was wrapped around Gosset's pinky the whole movie.

I disagree with your political assessment here, Jays. Gosset was in my estimation a broken down, wanna-be, never-been football pro. He slinked around the school for years and simply served as a mediator for the criminal element there. He was content with the situation there, and he made zero attempts to implement change and simply went along with Belushi's bull-in-a-china-shop, though they be well-intention, tactics. No, my friend, Belushi was a bad ass and Gosset was not only around his pinky, but his whole hand was fixed firmly up the ass as Jimmy B worked him like a sock puppet. I don't deny that Gosset was well-respeted and had an air of authority and vision for a better tomorrow at the school, however, he never had the wherewithall to make it happen. I also claim that the fact Rae Daw Chong wanted JB's cock and not LG's, only serves as further proof that JB had the bigger balls with a larger surface area which is incidently directly proportional to the cunt-attracting feromones he emitted.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - GonzoStyle - 09-05-2007

I remember it also from the WPIX days when it was always on saturday nights at 11:30, it was and still is an awesome movie. The Principal paved the way for all these inspirational educator stories that have followed, from lean on me to dangerous minds, half nelson and the classic kingergarten cop. I could easily point to the principal as the key turning point in my life in choosing to become a teacher.

P.S. Jim Belushi was the king back in the day, what a resume! K-9 was brilliant!

Re: He's the Principal, man! - The Jays - 09-06-2007

I thought To Sir, With Love paved the way for The Principal.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - GonzoStyle - 09-06-2007

The Jays Wrote:I thought To Sir, With Love paved the way for The Principal.

they were all british, who cares, fuckin lulu.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - The Jays - 09-07-2007

what, so only American teachers and administrators can make a difference?

Re: He's the Principal, man! - diceisgod - 09-07-2007

The Jays Wrote:what, so only American teachers and administrators can make a difference?

Certainly not - if you're referencing my criticisms of Gosset. He though was not a man of change which one can extrapolate on the metaphoric level by simply looking at his character's past that he explained (after Jimmy B incidently went out and took a bat to no less than 3 drug dealers...in the MIDDLE OF A DEAL). Louise was a big shot at the school as a student, Billy Fuckin Badass. However, he had his hardtimes I'll bet even though he was priveledged in certain respects. So what happens upon graduation ie the opportunity to implement change (make a diff, if you prefer) in his miserable nigger lot. He breaks a leg, adversity takes his heart. He comes back to the same damn place. No change. If you wanna get cosmic about it, just look at the fucker's filmography and tell me if you ever heard of a bigger BOMB than that piece of shit Iron Eagle franchise. Christ almight.

I total skimmed half-heartedly over the previous few posts, and moreover totally ignorant regarding To Sir, with Love. Therefore, I now understand Jays was NOT referencing my comments. Now if I was Gosset, I would have said something like, yeah whaeva mahn jive turkey muthafucha, rather than own up to it.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - Goatweed - 09-07-2007

those Iron Eagle movies really were putrid.

Hey Louis, we can make Iron Eagle 20 or you can go make a difference somewhere. What's it gone-be?

I remember seeing one on ch 9 or something once, and I could swear that you saw wires coming off the wings of the plane in a fight scene. How hard is it to find stock F-18 footage to use as a scene that they had to resort to cheap-ass FX?

Re: He's the Principal, man! - GonzoStyle - 09-07-2007

My High School has graduated several nobel prize winners as well as mel brooks, neil simon, neil diamond, harvey keitel, and arthur miller but I am most proud to call OSCAR WINNER Louis Gosset Jr. an alumn of Abraham Lincoln H.S.

if you ever get to meet him, you'll have lots of high school stories to share.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - diceisgod - 09-08-2007

GonzoStyle Wrote:My High School has graduated several nobel prize winners as well as mel brooks, neil simon, neil diamond, harvey keitel, and arthur miller but I am most proud to call OSCAR WINNER Louis Gosset Jr. an alumn of Abraham Lincoln H.S.

On this note, Syvester Stallone went to the high school right down the road which is called astronishingly...Lincoln. Supernatural, no? You and I are destined to be each other's Best Men when we marry dru & funsnaps - or we can have a double wedding.

Re: He's the Principal, man! - funsnapsdyno - 09-08-2007

Quote:On this note, Syvester Stallone went to the high school right down the road which is called astronishingly...Lincoln. Supernatural, no?
funfact!! That school is also the high school of one Gia Carangi - deceased 80's supermodel who was portrayed by Angelina Jolie in the HBO original movie "Gia"

Quote:You and I are destined to be each other's Best Men when we marry dru & funsnaps - or we can have a double wedding.
*scribbles on note books* Mrs...... gonzo.... style