CDIH
Embarassing truth - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Embarassing truth (/showthread.php?tid=12730)

Embarassing truth - diceisgod - 09-12-2007

I am a Harry Potter geek. I like sci-fi/fantasy shit, always have. That's no secret but the HP series had previously been stigmatized in my mind for whatever snobby, ingoramous reasons I had manufactured. So for kicks I downloaded the audio books about 6 mos ago. Hooked instantly. I thought the movies were so so, they passed the time, progressively got better, the Goblet being my fav. However, having read the books (listened actually - there are two audio versions: Steven Fry's & Jim Dales', each having their pros & cons, and both enjoyable) as is often the case, I find the movies not so satisfying now.

For the last flick, I burgled a moderately decent though still shitty cam version off Demonoid, put on my home made wizard robes, and having already "read" OOTP beforehand regrettably I found the movie a disappointment. But I guess it was actually better than Goblet. The last one, Hallows, it's AMAZING I think. For a kids book it smart, it's layered, intertwined subplots interweaved brilliantly - I think for all of them this can be said to a certain degree and collectively all 7 books constitute a landmark literary achievement. It's handmade quality shit, LOTR-style. PLUS, being woefully ignorant & apathetic, I realized this JK Rowling, that he's a she! I wanna fuck that too. She's a nice lil MILF. So there is, all but admitted my pock mocked face & virginity for your entertainment.

Re: Embarassing truth - Mad - 09-12-2007

Are you now going to shoot yourself in the face?

Re: Embarassing truth - diceisgod - 09-12-2007

You're awesome.

Re: Embarassing truth - Galt - 09-13-2007

Wow, so you like the most popular book series in the history of earth.

I like Seinfeld and baseball.

Re: Embarassing truth - diceisgod - 09-13-2007

Actually I lied. Galt likes Harry Potter! You fucking Ron Weasley wanna-be faggot!

Re: Embarassing truth - GonzoStyle - 09-13-2007

I'm really digging this new testament, not as good as the original but more violence and sex.

I don't think it's gonna end well.

Re: Embarassing truth - diceisgod - 09-13-2007

I will take my beating in this thread because it's deserved. I will pretend to be Harry Potter though and fantasize that you are all Death Eaters:

Mad = Amucus Carrow
Galt = Lucius Malfoy
Gonzostyle = Fenrir Greyback

Re: Embarassing truth - HedCold - 09-13-2007

that prisoner of azkiban (sp?) movie was pretty cool

Azkhaban was by far the best book.

Order of the Phoenix was lame. Harry was a cunt.

I have only seen the first two movies.

Re: Embarassing truth - GonzoStyle - 09-13-2007

I liked the movies up until the last one, it was absolutely pointless and could have been summed up in 10 minutes in one of the other films. Though I do get the fact that its basically one long films like star wars or LoTR and it wasnt meant to have any one film as a stand alone but the other films you felt like you completed a step in the journey and in the last one it felt like nothing had changed because it hadnt and there was nothing that harry hadnt dealt with in previous films.

Plus the whole "friends and love conquer all" which was the main storyline coulda been covered in 2 scenes totalling 4 minutes.

My Boys is a top 3 sitcom on TV (Behind 30 Rock, on par with The Office and better than Earl.)

Re: Embarassing truth - diceisgod - 09-14-2007

Constant vigilance!

Re: Embarassing truth - GonzoStyle - 09-14-2007

I'm comparing the new 50 cent and Kanye West cd's... i'll let you know.