CDIH
Can bots be banned? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Can bots be banned? (/showthread.php?tid=12782)

Pages: 1 2

Can bots be banned? - diceisgod - 12-02-2007

They appear as registered users so I imagine they can be treated as such. There are at least three: Google, Yahoo, MSN

Re: Can bots be banned? - funsnapsdyno - 12-02-2007

me and googlebot get along famously

Re: Can bots be banned? - diceisgod - 12-02-2007

Because if someone puts something in your box the search is on and the output can be listed on many many pages?

(Well that line might've sucked but it seemed like a good idea at the time)

Re: Can bots be banned? - funsnapsdyno - 12-02-2007

That makes no sense!

Re: Can bots be banned? - diceisgod - 12-02-2007

You're getting there...you are indeed getting there, grasshopper.

Re: Can bots be banned? - diceisgod - 12-04-2007

As I see the Google bot is logged in I realize:

1) They can't be banned.
2) They can't be banned but those with access to ban are ignorant of this thread but no matter.
2) They can be banned and those with access to ban are ignorant of this thread
3) They can be banned and those with access to ban are aware this thread and are lazy & apathetic.
4) They can be banned and those with access to ban are aware this thread and are like GW & have emotionally warped reading comprehension and are calling the FBI to report the Google Bot and ask for relocation.
5) You hate me and let these fucking worthless things run amuck out of relished spite.

Re: Can bots be banned? - Goatweed - 12-04-2007

6) all of the above.

Very well, Pele.

Nah but seriously though, not saying 'DO IT' nor care what they do, if they stay, if they get modded, etc....just curious...Are these things just like a regular user accounts? They have a diff color and they appear on the "registered user" logged-on tally....Goofy & mysterious little shits.

Ok then if ya wanna play hardball....fine....ok then...after I put this soccer ball in the freezer you can review this Internets subpoena and comply. I want your .NET credentials as I have some interesting PM's I want to send along. So here's a copy for your records:

Quote:In the matter of DIG vs. .NET, the Internet police issue the following to the defendent & witness known as Goatweed:

"GIMME THE FUCKIN KEYS YA COCKSUCKA MUTHAFUCKA AHAHAHAHAH"

You have 34 hours to comply or an Internet warrant or fine will be issued.

Issued by The Honorable Ronaldinho Spicaruhu Karas Foevah

Bots are harmless, they're good eggs that let Google know we are here in case someone should ever decide to toss "colddayinhell" in the search engine.

I'll bet they'd make great admins, too.

What a waste of a few good PM's. They were kinda repetitive though:

Quote:*insert asshole's SN here*,

I want to fight you for annoying DIG, fuckface.

-Goatweed

that doesn't sound like me at all.

Squeeze out a soccer ball or two...changes occur & not to just asshole circumference.

Re: Can bots be banned? - Jack - 12-05-2007

I could stop them from browsing the site by creating a robots.txt file and throwing it in the root of the directory, but they are good for the site.

Re: Can bots be banned? - diceisgod - 12-05-2007

I agree. They are good for the site. I have noticed the difference since they started crawling around. The difference being, there they are listed in the "online" list. I feel so important being logged on & posting with something assocaiated with some of the largest bsusiness enterprises on Earth. They are pretty colors too.

I also think to myself: "How many Guatemalians, Arabs or otherwise were indirectly slaughtered such that lead up to culmination of the [Bot]s we see before us - ie as the profits & blood money that have accumulated in these tyrannous enterprises year to year and then ultimately siphoned and allocated to marketing training & research & so on and then FINALLY & DIRECTLY responsible for the spawning, the inception of the design, & the testing & final implementation of the Google [Bot] or the Yahoo [Bot] or whoever?"

Yes this is grand and good for the board. It's quite like and even better than posting with Adolf Hitler. These Bots are like old Concentration Camp memorabilia: Zyclon B --> Bot starts with B.....See?....Prove me wrong.

Actually I'm wrong. They're not good for the board. They're good for the world.

I'M good for the board. Those bots haven't done shit and they won't ever as their darkie killing primes are behind them. Also their technical relevance is probably 6-8 months from being turned into irrelevance as the next and latest baby killing Internet marketing spook snuffer is probably just right around the corner.

I sez, gettem the fuck outta here, the little worthless pieces of shit.

But then again, I might be wrong about being wrong.

I just saw the Yahoo [Bot] logged on and I want to sue and fight it. I am now mailing a subpeona and court order to the registered owner of this messageboard.

Re: Can bots be banned? - Black Lazerus - 12-05-2007

dig you have gone completely insane.

Re: Can bots be banned? - funsnapsdyno - 12-05-2007

I can’t figure out if he is for real or if he’s been putting us all on with the tirades. If it’s real, I’d blame the Philly air.