CDIH
Death Pool 2008 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Death Pool 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=12815)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Death Pool 2008 - diceisgod - 01-08-2008

Ronnie B who ever he is would be the smarter pick. That's what I would think & pick if I was still a picker.

Re: Death Pool 2008 - The Jays - 01-08-2008

dear fool, ye who never had NEW, FNY, or XM. You will never know the funniest and quickest comedic talent to ever grace a radio microphone.

Not that your word has any weight anymore but as an FYI: If I can't listen to this supposed genius, then they ain't so smart then, are they?

Sorry, buddy. he prefers to broadcast from the #1 radio market, not the 8th.

If he knew of your rabid defense of him, I'm sure he'd be touched. If he had a choice though, he'd pick me as his virtual bodyguard if he had any sense at all.

Though I'm sure I could tear this hero of yours apart if I wanted to, there are bigger fish to fry. But just because I didn't know who you were talking about (ie. ignorance due to their "selective" broadcasting/marketing scheme - I'm sure they wouldn't want to be national...yeah right...who wants to be mulit-millionaires, successful & famous?...that sux...etc)...

So starting over: Just because I didn't know who you were talking about, didn't mean I was disparaging or mocking, and didn't mean I would tolerate more of your henpecked nonsense.

So who's the "fool" here again?

actually, he is national. he's on satellite now.

come on, it's chester PA's own ron bennington, of the ron and fez show. you should find a torrent, and download it, and bask in it.

Select something. Their "best" moment, show, bit, or whatever.

I will grab it and listen. Put your judgement on the line and then I will judge for myself both R&F & The Jays

Re: Death Pool 2008 - The Sleeper - 01-09-2008

too lazy to check for doubles

hillary clinton
marv levy
stuart scott
charles manson
david duke
jack nicholson
bob barker
dane cook
musharaff
nelson mandela

Re: Death Pool 2008 - The Jays - 01-11-2008

diceisgod Wrote:Select something. Their "best" moment, show, bit, or whatever.

I will grab it and listen. Put your judgement on the line and then I will judge for myself both R&F & The Jays

The best? I can think of

Rutger Hauer gets interviewed on WNEW

the i57 live reads

Ron's youth

Could you kill a small town in one night?

Re: Death Pool 2008 - The Jays - 01-16-2008

Quote:Actor Brad Renfro dead at 25
Cause of death hasn’t been determined for ‘The Client,’ ‘Ghost World’ star
The Associated Press
updated 8:54 p.m. ET, Tues., Jan. 15, 2008

LOS ANGELES - Actor Brad Renfro, whose career began promisingly with a childhood role in “The Client” but rapidly faded as he struggled with drugs and alcohol, was found dead Tuesday in his home. He was 25.

Paramedics pronounced him dead at 9 a.m., said Craig Harvey, chief investigator for the Los Angeles County coroner’s office. The cause of death was not immediately determined, Harvey said, but an autopsy could be conducted as early as Wednesday.

Renfro had reportedly been drinking with friends the evening before his death, Harvey said.

Renfro’s lawyer, Richard Kaplan, said he did not know whether the death was connected to any problems with addiction.

“He was working hard on his sobriety,” Kaplan said. “He was doing well. He was a nice person.”

Renfro recently completed a role in “The Informers,” a film adaptation of a Bret Easton Ellis novel that stars Winona Ryder, Brandon Routh and Billy Bob Thornton.

“Brad was an exceptionally talented young actor and our time spent with him was thoroughly enjoyable,” Marco Weber, president of the film’s production house, Senator Entertainment, said in a statement.

The actor served 10 days in jail in May 2006 after pleading no contest to driving while intoxicated and guilty to attempted possession of heroin.

The latter charge stemmed from his arrest in Los Angeles’ Skid Row area, when he attempted to buy heroin from an undercover officer in 2005.

For several years he was better known for that drug bust and the resulting criminal case than for acting.

After one court appearance, he talked to reporters about drug rehabilitation, saying he was “tired of paying the consequences” for drinking and drug use and eager to get clean.

“It’s definitely been an eye-opener,” he said of his rehabilitation program.

Other run-ins with the law included a 1998 charge of cocaine and marijuana possession, for which he avoided jail time in a plea deal. He was also placed on probation in January 2001 and ordered to pay $4,000 for repairs to a 45-foot yacht he and a friend tried to steal in Florida in August 2000.

He was arrested again in May 2001 and charged with underage drinking, violating the terms of his probation, and was ordered into alcohol rehabilitation the following March.

A native of Knoxville, Tenn., Renfro’s film career began when he was 12, acting opposite Susan Sarandon and Tommy Lee Jones in “The Client.” His other credits included “Sleepers,” “Deuces Wild,” “Apt Pupil” and “The Jacket.”

© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Re: Death Pool 2008 - The Jays - 01-23-2008

Quote: NEW YORK (CBS) ― Heath Ledger, who was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in the critically-acclaimed movie "Brokeback Mountain," was found dead -- possibly from a drug overdose -- Tuesday afternoon in a New York City apartment, sources tell CBS 2 HD.

The Australian-born actor was just 28.

He was pronounced dead at 3:26 p.m. in an apartment on 421 Broome St. in SoHo.Police say he was scheduled to have a massage in the apartment, and when the masseuse arrived, a housekeeper went to alert him, but instead found him in cardiac arrest and immediately called 911.

Ledger was said to be found naked at the time of his death.

"We are all deeply saddened and shocked by this accident," Ledger's publicist, Mara Buxbaum, said in a statement Tuesday night. "This is an extremely difficult time for his loved ones and we are asking the media to please respect the family's privacy and avoid speculation until the facts are known."

Sources tell CBS 2 HD's Scott Weinberger the actor's death may be drug-related, and that there were pills, possibly a strong sleeping medication, found near his body. However, there was no obvious indication of suicide, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

Police do not suspect foul play.

An autopsy was scheduled by the medical examiner for Wednesday.

Early reports said the apartment was owned by actress Mary-Kate Olsen, but a publicist for Olsen later refuted those reports.

Ledger had recently separated from actress Michelle Williams, who he met while filming "Brokeback Mountain" and became engaged to last year. The couple had an apartment in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn and had one daughter, Matilda, who was born in 2005.

Before marrying Williams, Ledger had also dated actress Naomi Watts and Heather Graham.

Most recently, Ledger was featured in the Bob Dylan biography film "I'm Not There."

He was slated to appear in the next installment of the "Batman" movies, "The Dark Knight," opposite Christian Bale as the infamous "Joker" -- becoming the first non-American to take on the role.

Of the most well-known 15 films Ledger appeared in: "The Patriot," "A Knight's Tale," and "Monster's Ball." He was also nominated for a Golden Globe for his role in "Brokeback Mountain."

"I had such great hope for him," said Mel Gibson, who played Ledger's vengeful father in "The Patriot," in a statement. "He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss."

In 2001, People magazine named Ledger as one of its "50 Most Beautiful People."

According to a quote from Ledger listed on his profile on the Internet Movie Database, the star enjoyed living life one day at a time.

"I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all," he said. "I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't have a day planner and I don't have a diary. I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future."

Ledger grew up in Perth, and began doing amateur theater at age 10. At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.

After several independent films and a starring role in the short-lived Fox TV series "Roar," Ledger moved to Los Angeles and co-starred in "10 Things I Hate About You," a teen comedy reworking of "The Taming of the Shrew."

Offers for other teen flicks came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he didn't like.

Ledger used to shop at a neighborhood home store and children's store owned by a company called Calypso. Michelle Vella, a buyer there, said she had frequently seen Ledger with his daughter -- carrying the toddler on his shoulders, or having ice cream with her.

"It's so sad. They were really close," said Vella. "He's a very down to earth guy and an amazing father."

She said Ledger once bought a bookcase at the home store, and purchased stuffed animals and dresses for his daughter at the children's store.

He would have turned 29 on April 4.

Oh, and Bobby Fischer, and Suzanne Pleshette died over the past few days.

Re: Death Pool 2008 - diceisgod - 01-23-2008

The Jays Wrote:Rutger Hauer gets interviewed on WNEW

the i57 live reads

Ron's youth

Could you kill a small town in one night?

I didn't forget about this by the way and am still resolved to listen. I might have long ago but I downloaded one of them and it had about 50 1-2 minute commercials. And it wasn't like: Hey, these commercials are over the top!.

No it was some bozo basically reading from his notes and then boom...next commercial same thing.

So before I try to make more progress on this, I ask:

Are you fucking with me or something?

Re: Death Pool 2008 - The Jays - 01-24-2008

There are alot of those i57 reads, I offer them as an example, of taking a mundane thing like live reads, and making them fun.

Try the other audio, then come back to that.

Re: Death Pool 2008 - diceisgod - 01-24-2008

Quote:I offer them as an example, of taking a mundane thing like live reads, and making them fun.

"Fun" is a relative term....obviously....but to be fair I only listened to like 2-3 of those before I thought to myself: This guys is out to get me maybe so take a step back.

Despite my personal motto (ie. DTA) & better judgement, I will nonetheless give you the benefit of the doubt and possibly "stay on the hook" for the time being. I will see if there is value here if not in the 2-3 commercials I've had a taste of so far.

Re: Death Pool 2008 - Goatweed - 02-11-2008

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23102484/

Quote:LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Roy Scheider, the actor best known for his role as a police chief in the blockbuster movie “Jaws,” has died. He was 75.

Scheider died Sunday at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences hospital in Little Rock, hospital spokesman David Robinson said. The hospital did not release his cause of death.

However, hospital spokeswoman Leslie Taylor said Scheider had been treated for multiple myeloma at the hospital’s Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy for the past two years.

at least the shark never got him.

Re: Death Pool 2008 - funsnapsdyno - 02-11-2008

I'm glad to see the board didn't die. I couldn't get on my usual way - cdih.net

now I know who you are!

Re: Death Pool 2008 - funsnapsdyno - 02-11-2008

I thought you knew 'andrea' was me.
*smacks you v8 style*

if it said Cancer Cunt I would have known.