CDIH
There Will Be Blood - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: There Will Be Blood (/showthread.php?tid=12817)

There Will Be Blood - The Jays - 01-06-2008

Apparently, I'm the only person who is truly looking forward to see this movie.

Re: There Will Be Blood - GonzoStyle - 01-06-2008

I was looking forward to it since it went into production over a year ago, I always check Daniel Day-Lewis's imdb page to see if he decieded to make another film or go back to europe to make horseshoes again.

I still wanna also see 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead' I got a dvd screener copy, may watch it tomorrow.

Re: There Will Be Blood - Gooch - 01-06-2008

The movie is terrific. Saw it last night.

PTA (paul thomas anderson) sent Lewis the script at 1st draft, because unless he agreed to be in it, this movie would not be made. Its a performance that blows the shit out of the Gang of NY role simply because of the depth and nuances that he able to carve out of it. Paul Dano isn't bad either as the churchman.

Re: There Will Be Blood - The Jays - 01-06-2008

Yeah, I want to see it, but I think I'm gonna have to go after work by myself or something, since no one else wants to sit through a two hour movie about the taut battle between an oil profiteer and a preacher, plus, everyone has such low expectations of Paul Thomas Anderson, they will not fall for the hype this time around.

Re: There Will Be Blood - GonzoStyle - 01-07-2008

Gooch Wrote:The movie is terrific. Saw it last night.

PTA (paul thomas anderson) sent Lewis the script at 1st draft, because unless he agreed to be in it, this movie would not be made. Its a performance that blows the shit out of the Gang of NY role simply because of the depth and nuances that he able to carve out of it. Paul Dano isn't bad either as the churchman.

That's a pretty big claim, that his performance is better than Bill The Butcher cause in my eyes that's one of the greatest acting performances in film history.

Re: There Will Be Blood - Gooch - 01-07-2008

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Gooch Wrote:The movie is terrific. Saw it last night.

That's a pretty big claim, that his performance is better than Bill The Butcher cause in my eyes that's one of the greatest acting performances in film history.

in my eyes it is better. there are far more depth and nuances to the performance. Bill the Butcher is a great role. But he is also just a character. Daniel Plainview is something else. To me, it's on the level of DeNiro in Taxi Driver. It also helps that the material and filmmaking is welldome.