CDIH
Weird and unexpected places where - You got some good food - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Weird and unexpected places where - You got some good food (/showthread.php?tid=1284)

- Sir O - 04-16-2002

I was on Rt. 1&9 coming back home from Piermont, NY. I was hungry, so I stopped at a mini mart. I got a chicken cutlet sandwich, and my god, that shit was GOOD AS ANYTHING!

Too bad I can't remember the name of the store, but it's the only mini mart on 1&9 in Piermont, so it can't be too hard to find. Trust me, it was a damn good sandwich.

Piermont, BTW, has some nice dirty-water-fishing, cool clubs, art galleries, and some great bars to chill. Highest recommendations from me....

- *A* - 04-16-2002

Piermont is a very cool little town, especially in the summer time, with a lot of great places to eat.
However, Rts 1 & 9 don't run anywhere near Piermont. I think you must be talking about Rt 9W, and if the mini-mart you're talking about is a corner one in a small strip mall once you get up the big hill from downtown Piermont (maybe half a mile) it's technically in Sparkill, NY. I don't know the name of it and I can't comment on the food, as I've never had the pleasure. Sorry!

- JIMMYSNUKA - 04-16-2002

Up where i work in parsippany.....a place called The Big Bite Grill. Whoulda thunk it.

- Arthur Dent - 04-16-2002

Drove a friend out to Long Island to pick up the car he was buying. We stopped at this little deli and got a breakfast sandwich called "The Hungry Man". An entire loaf of Italian bread with four eggs, cheese, suasage, bacon, and ham. damn, that was good. Place was on Route 10, but I think its a Long Island special at most deli's there.

- Metalfan - 04-16-2002

Quote:Piermont is a very cool little town, especially in the summer time, with a lot of great places to eat.

Yes, yes it is.....there used to be a decent club there...the Turning Point...is it still around. Also, if you go north on 9W for about 5 miles you end up in Nyack. There are a few really decent restaurants there and some good clubs as well :thumbs-up:

- OAS - 04-16-2002

How nice, a Piermont Chamber of Commerce thread. Are there any other quaint little towns that would like to be recognized?

- Metalfan - 04-16-2002

Wow...look at you with the sarcasm....holy shit!!! Try to hide the jealousy a bit better next time OAS :lol:

- Ahlexus - 04-16-2002

In a tiny village off the main drag in Mexico City... ages ago. I was in heaven because they served some great American food... delicious turkey club :thumbs-up:

Metal Fan, what is happening there in your avatar? I can't make out what is going on.. is that a girl sitting on a bench?

oh yeah..also near work...some chineese buffet place. had lunch there....very good. {Smile}

- Hey Ladi - 04-16-2002

You went all the way to Mexico City & had a freaking Club Sandwich! That's disgusting. :crackhead:

Oh and... I keep reading this title & thinking it should say ..... Weird & unexpected places... to have sex.

Edited By Hey Ladi on April 16 2002 at 11:28

- Ahlexus - 04-16-2002

Ladi, I was desperate for some American food. We had been there 2 weeks already and I was sick of true Mexican food (which is nothing like Americanized Mexican food).

- Keyser Soze - 04-16-2002

stewarts, those little stewarts restaurants on the side of the road are surprisingly good for a pizza burger in the summertime. i dont have to tell anyone here how good the root beer is.

oh and jimmy, i've been locked inside your poop shaped box for weeks.

I could really go for some Spanish food tonight. Too bad I can't find one.

Like I said somewhere else, try Indian food. If you like the spicy stuff on the Chinese food menu, you'll probably love Indian food.

And Brazillian Resteraunts are the best. All you can eat buffet with fifteen different types of meat on swords carried by waiters. Plus a buffet of veggies, salad, seafood, etc. And plenty of fried bananas.

There's a Brazillian Resteraunt called "Rio DiGinero" on 43rd Street just off of 6th Avenue in Manhattan. VERY good food. Also one just off Northern Blvd. in Queens, but I haven't been to that one.

- Hey Ladi - 04-16-2002

Quote:And Brazillian Resteraunts are the best. All you can eat buffet with fifteen different types of meat on swords carried by waiters
Heard a few times that those are good. You get a little plastic thing to signal if you want more meat or not. And the come over and slice it right off for you. Sounds cool.

Quote:Oh and... I keep reading this title & thinking it should say ..... Weird & unexpected places... to have sex.

How about on the same bed as your grandmother is sleeping on. well she couldnt hear to begin with and even if she did wake up it would take 10 minutes for her eyes to adjust. even blew my load in her glass where her dentures were being cleaned.

Quote:And Brazillian Resteraunts are the best. All you can eat buffet with fifteen different types of meat on swords carried by waiters

Heard a few times that those are good. You get a little plastic thing to signal if you want more meat or not. And the come over and slice it right off for you. Sounds cool.

Exactly. It's a puck that's green on one side (I want meat) and red on the other side (leave me alone).

Beef, lamb, rabbit, buffalo, alligator, chicken, duck, goose, roast pig...hell, if you'll eat it, they'll probably cook it. And it'll taste good too.

Some nights they have live musicians playing classical Brazilian music. Pretty good for a date, but not a first date. Most women won't go for seconds on a first date. And what's the point of going all-you-can-eat if your too worried about making a "good" impression to enjoy it?

- Metalfan - 04-16-2002

Quote:Metal Fan, what is happening there in your avatar? I can't make out what is going on.. is that a girl sitting on a bench?

Ahlexus...its some female fitness expert displaying her assets

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-16-2002

In Parkslope, there is this little hole in the wall Mexican/Spanish place called Allora's.....best food I've had in a long time, and cheap...I was afraid to go in but :bouncer:

- DGW - 04-16-2002

Quote:All you can eat buffet with fifteen different types of meat on swords carried by waiters.
Fagget.

It's Rodezio...Do it almost evry other weekend with friends in Newark but the place we go to are portuguese.

- Keyser Soze - 04-16-2002

Quote:Oh and... I keep reading this title & thinking it should say ..... Weird & unexpected places... to have sex.

Feel free to start that thread.