CDIH
Volkswagens - chick cars or not? - New beetle yes, but the others? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Volkswagens - chick cars or not? - New beetle yes, but the others? (/showthread.php?tid=1319)

Pages: 1 2

- Tenbatsuzen - 04-17-2002

I'm in the market for a new car, and I was wondering if you guys thought a fully loaded Jetta or Passat is a chick car... People at work have told me they are, but I see more men on the road driving them than I do girls.

In fact, the only DEFINITIVE "chick cars" I can think of are..

1) The Miata
2) The New Beetle
3) Sebring
4) PT Cruiser
5) Neon

- IkeaBoy - 04-17-2002

Ted Bundy had a huge affinity for orange VW bugs

- virgingrrl - 04-17-2002

jetta's are grrls and gay mens cars.

- Skitchr4u - 04-17-2002

jetta's aren't chick cars...and the passat is more of the family car...if you are going to go with a jetta, spend a few more $$ and get the audi a4 instead

- crx girl - 04-17-2002

Quote:3) Sebring
aw crap, my dad's a girl. and one of our neighbours had a miata, and a hot girlfriend and a cool dog. in fact, we referred to him as the cool guy, so, i don't think they're necessarily chick cars either.

- Ken'sPen - 04-17-2002

PT Cruiser is a gay man car, not a chick car.
they all have rainbow stickers and male drivers.

- JIMMYSNUKA - 04-17-2002

volkswagens= [Image: gay-pride~200200.gif]

- Metalfan - 04-17-2002

Quote:jetta's aren't chick cars...and the passat is more of the family car...if you are going to go with a jetta, spend a few more $$ and get the audi a4 instead

The V6 Passat is a pretty decent ride actually....but yes, Jetta = chick car. You'd have to spend like $10000 more to move from a Jetta to an A4.....its alot closer to the Passat :thumbs-up:

- Grumpy - 04-17-2002

sebring is not a chick car. neither is the passat. The beetle, the bug and neon definitely are. VW cabrolets are definite chick cars.

- Metalfan - 04-17-2002

Pontiac Sunfire = chick car

- Spitfire - 04-17-2002

Tracker's are chick cars...and death traps...

but I still miss my electric blue one {Sad}

- Arthur Dent - 04-17-2002

How does a car become a chick car?

I can understand the beetle, miata, PT Cruiser and neon for soft looks.

But, the Jetta is a well built machine with a pretty good engine. Especially if you get the six cylinder version.

And anything that's way under powered for it's looks is a "chick" car. Middle-aged chicks.

- JIMMYSNUKA - 04-17-2002

what does it mean if a guy drives a magenta ford festiva :confused:

- Kid Afrika - 04-17-2002

The jetta, in stock form, is a chick car. Not really sure why, but it is. The cabriolet, also a chick car. If you are a guy and you drive a cabriolet, you are gay.

Also chick cars:

Mitsubishi Eclipse
Hyundai Accent
Jeep Liberty
Honda Civic DX 4DR
Ford Focus
Dodge Neon
Chevrolet Cavalier
...and the list goes on.

In general, I think that there are certain cars that you see on the road and expect a girl to be driving them. When you see a dude driving it, and it's a surprise, that's a chick car.

Oh yeah, there's nothing better than a chick that drives a huge car or a truck. But, she has to know how to drive it though.

- Luna - 04-17-2002

Quote:PT Cruiser is a gay man car, not a chick car.
they all have rainbow stickers and male drivers.
Ya know? I don't know what they were thinking when they created that vehicle. :crackhead:

- DGW - 04-17-2002

What about those old CRX's???? Smile

Beetle, chick car
Passat, eh
Jetta, eh
Any Saturn, chick car

- Bondgirl - 04-17-2002

Kid, most of those aren't chick cars, they're just pieces of crap, especially the Focus (I really hate that car for some reason). The Sebring definitely a chick car, but more of an older chick who still wants to think she's young. My friends bf drives one, and all his buddies say its the pace car for the gay pride parade.

- Maynard - 04-17-2002

Make jokes if you will....but I used to have a Golf, and now drive a Jetta. And I get more looks from girls while driving my car then when I owned a big bad guy type car.

Whats not to love about my car? Sunroof, great stereo, it's fast. What makes it gay? Still, no one has said why it's gay.

- Sluggo - 04-17-2002

Yuo drive it=Gay

- Maynard - 04-17-2002

You never had a problem riding in it. asshole!