CDIH
Aerosmith icon special - What'd you think? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Aerosmith icon special - What'd you think? (/showthread.php?tid=1326)

- McBourbon - 04-18-2002

I love Aerosmith. I've been a huge fan since Permanent Vacation hit the shelves in 1986 and I've bought every album they've released (including box sets and greatest hits albums) since then. Plus, everytime they roll through Cleveland...I've got my ass in a seat.

So I'm watching the special last night on MTV and a few things became readily apparent:

1) Papa Roach fucking sucks. They destroyed "Sweet Emotion"
2) Kid Rock's "Mama Kin/Last Child" was amazing
3) Metallica's tribute to the Bad Boys from Boston was really cool
4) I'm looking forward to hearing Eminem's song with the sampling from "Dream On" in it
5) The "Walk This Way" video remake was real cool
6) I hate Shakira more than I did before the special...and she's not that hot. Plus, she fucked up "Dude...Looks Like a Lady"
7) David Spade is now Chevy Chase funny...if you understand what that means

For those of you who saw it.....what'd you think?

- Maynard - 04-18-2002

I was just about to start this.

I want to burn every one of Shakira's albums now. I've never heard her before, but now you can be sure I will never.

I agree with the rest of what you said. I'm looking forward to hearing Pink doing Janie's Got A Gun.

- fbd - 04-18-2002

Quote:6) I hate Shakira more than I did before the special...and she's not that hot.
her music isnt that good(her spanish stuff was MUCH better, but still not that good), but how can you say not hot?look at her!
[Image: shakira.gif]

- Maynard - 04-18-2002

OK, Pink was just alright. But damn, she's sexy. I want to do naughty things to her.

What was up with the David Spade look during her performance though? He was like, "huh?".

- McBourbon - 04-18-2002

Shakira is so not hot. She's a train wreck from the neck up. And just knowing that that bean eating ass has Lopez potential makes me even sicker. Plus, why the hell was she pretending she was Gwen Stefanie while she was singing?

- SLASH - 04-18-2002

Quote:I've been a huge fan since Permanent Vacation hit the shelves in 1986

Wow, "huge fans" must have gotten the LP a year earlier than the "regular fans." :confused:

- Spitfire - 04-18-2002

Their older stuff (70's) is so much better. And I'm getting pissed off at the way they're just letting their music get wrecked by too many untalented artists....and how many times can they re-do Walk This Way, each time gets lamer than the next?

anyway, I didn't watch it-- what song did Train play?

Edited By Spitfire on April 18 2002 at 4:19

- McBourbon - 04-18-2002

Quote:Quote:

I've been a huge fan since Permanent Vacation hit the shelves in 1986

Wow, "huge fans" must have gotten the LP a year earlier than the "regular fans."

You miss one key stroke and you get Slash up your ass. This sucks.

And Train did a really nice job on "Dream On", Spit.

Edited By McBourbon on April 18 2002 at 4:15

- Kim - 04-19-2002

Quote:Shakira is so not hot

She should have never performed...her version of Dude Looks Like A Lady was torture to watch...she slaughtered it! Britney must have been unavailable...they went with Shakira out of desperation...