CDIH
Getting out of a ticket - Misspelled license plate. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Getting out of a ticket - Misspelled license plate. (/showthread.php?tid=1327)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Keyser Soze - 04-18-2002

So I go to pay my ticket online and I notice they misspelled my license plate. I'm wondering to myself if they made an error can I beat it? What do you think?

- virgingrrl - 04-18-2002

tell them you slipped on the ice :roflmao:

- Maynard - 04-18-2002

Quote:tell them you slipped on the ice
:bah:

You win again. {Sad}

I'm serious, can I beat it?

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-18-2002

You should've just blown the cop and walked home naked like on Long Island.

But seriously, yes you can, because the ticket is innacurate. You have to go to court though.

- Galt - 04-18-2002

That exact same thing happened to me. I just ignored the ticket and never heard anything about it.

The license plate had a number wrong or letter, I forget, but only one digit was off, but there are so many potential combinations of license plates, I figured they'd never be able to track it down.

The'll realize that the license number they have isn't legit, but they won't know which one is wrong, or what it should be. I guess they could search by make/model, color, but the ticket they have is wrong. It's an official ticket, and your license plate # isn't on it. So how could you possibly be held liable?

I think you're in the clear.

- Maynard - 04-18-2002

But that only works if its a parking ticket Galt.

Here's the thing. I went to the website and punched in my real license to try to go pay it online. It kept refusing it, so i'm like what the fuck. Now the ticket sort of looks like a Y but a really retarded one that the cop must have written really sloppy and whoever entered it into the system saw it as a T instead of a Y. When I tried TT (instead of the real YT) it worked and let me thru to try to pay it.

To top it all off they wont let you pay online past a certain hour. I missed it by 15 minutes.

Fucking incompetent bloodsuckers.

- Galt - 04-18-2002

Have some fucking balls. Take some risks. Just ignore the ticket. You'll regret the risks you didn't take more than the ones you took later in life. Dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to give all the days from this day to that for one chance....JUST ONE CHANCE....to come back here and say that you told the man to fuck himself?

I tried that with a ticket I got for smoking a cigarette on a subway platform in NYC. I figured they would never come after me. It was $50, they sent me a letter a week ago informing me to pay $100 now or risk being arrested. Too funny.

- Galt - 04-18-2002

So risk being arrested. Chicks dig that. Plus you can use it as an excuse any time you don't want to do something "can't, cops are looking for me"

I'm a loner dottie, A REBEL.

- The Sleeper - 04-18-2002

Quote:JUST ONE CHANCE....to come back here and say that you told the man to fuck himself?
Yea, but in the most pussified way imaginable.

- virgingrrl - 04-18-2002

Quote:I'm a loner dottie, A REBEL.

teh funney! you have found it!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

- DGW - 04-18-2002

How much is it?

- Luna - 04-18-2002

Quote:I'm a loner dottie, A REBEL.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

pssst....yes, I know VG caught it already, but, I just had to add mine, too.....heheheee

Man, I really have a problem. On the way to work today I got pulled over AGAIN for speeding. 85 in a 65, but yet again I talked my way out of it and got a ticket for seatbelt and you guys should love this one with your "whats hanging from your rearview mirror" thread, a ticket for obstruction for my job badge hanging on my mirror.

So theres another $84 bucks donated to the State Of New Jersey.

Bastards.

- DGW - 04-18-2002

Dude, find another way to go to work.

- Luna - 04-18-2002

Why don't you just do the speed limit next time? {:o}

- Ken'sPen - 04-18-2002

85 MPH is just begging for a ticket.