CDIH
My explorer keeps crashing - Anyone know what to do? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: My explorer keeps crashing - Anyone know what to do? (/showthread.php?tid=1350)

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-19-2002

Whenever I turn on my computer recently, the Explorer crashes and then I get some run error popping up. I have no idea how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

- Hey Ladi - 04-19-2002

I think my is better since I upgraded to Version #6 yesterday. If it wigs out again, I'll let you know. It was really starting to piss me off.

- Arthur Dent - 04-19-2002

Quote:Whenever I turn on my computer recently, the Explorer crashes

Stop using your laptop in the Ford. {Big Grin}

Not my internet explorer, it's something else. I can still look on the net and stuff, but in my tool bar on the bottom all my programs disappear and stuff.

- LZMF1 - 04-19-2002

Quote:<table style=filter:glow(color=lime)>Stop using your laptop in the Ford. </table>

keep both hands at the 9o'clock and 3o'clock positions on the steering wheel and keep your eyes on the road!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Edited By LZMF1 on April 19 2002 at 12:56

- AdolescentMasturbator - 04-19-2002

I would assume you are running Win98/ME? Something is causing explorer to constantly crash. run msconfig by going to run--->type in "msconfig". Uncheck all the unneccessary stuff but make sure its ok to do since you need some of them.

- Keyser Soze - 04-19-2002

damn, the kid is getting soft in his old age. Here's how the old AM would suggest you fix your problem...

1) Get a copy of Linux
2) Create a boot disk
3) Put boot disk in drive
4) Restart your pc and choose to run in command prompt.
5) type format c:\
6) install linux

- AdolescentMasturbator - 04-19-2002

Linux is for newbies. The only 1337 way to do something is to use MULTICS BITCH!!11

Thanks AM, I will try that when I get home.

- IkeaBoy - 04-20-2002

you probably use ME, my ME has constant explorer crashing. ME - when you have 3 things opened and 10% sytstem resources free.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-20-2002

I'm using Windows 98, I tried what AM said to do, and I couldn't really figure out what to say not to start, so I only got rid of two things which started again when I turned on my computer. This morning when I turned it on, the Explorer crashed, but now that I've restarted it, it seems to be okay. If it happens again, any one else have ideas?

- Keyser Soze - 04-20-2002

MULTICS? WTF is that?

- onehung - 04-20-2002

Start,Settings,Control panel,Add remove programs,ADD/Remove internet explorer, It will give you the option to "REPAIR" the browser. Try that out.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 04-20-2002

MULTICS bitch

do what onehung said or upgrade to ie 6. Do you notice this happening to ie alone? Or does it happenw hen another program is running.

It happens when there are other programs running. It usually happens when I first sign on to AOL, but before I open a web page.

Usually or always? I want to know if aol is triggering it.

Always.

My first suggestion would be to get rid of AOHELL. But if that's not an option upgrade to IE 6 and see what that does.

Stuck with AOL for now, I will try the upgrade though. Thanks for the help.

- Bartman - 04-21-2002

Am is prob right upgrading to ie6 has a good chance of fixing it or you could also try upgrading aol..do that by downloading from keyword upgrade on aol