CDIH
Nba playoffs - Who's going to play the lakers? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Nba playoffs - Who's going to play the lakers? (/showthread.php?tid=1370)

- HedCold - 04-21-2002

since nobody else posted this i guess no one cares, but oh well....

i know i'm going out on a real limb predicting this, but i don't see anyone beating the lakers again, along as shaq and kobe are healthy.

so it comes down to the east. i'm a pacers fan and they had a big win yesterday, but as much as i want them to win, i want them to get rid of isiah thomas and its not going to happen if the pacers find a way to move on in the playoffs. just making the playoffs was probably enough to keep him around, so...

the rest of east can go any way.
all these teams just don't have that one player to get them to the next level.
76ers - have iverson, but thats it, and they're not playing like the same team that went to the finals last yr
celtics - the celtics have their big 2, but what else? rodney rogers? but if pierce gets hot there probably isn't a team in the east who can stop them
hornets - are really good, but i don't see them coming up big in a big series, especially with mashburn sick.
magic - what else besides macgrady?
pacers - isiah thomas blows
nets - who knows. aside from the pacers, they're team i'd like to see come out of the east. to bad they play each other in the first round
raptors - might find a way to get to 2nd round, but probably won't
pistons - stackhouse is good and wallace is a beast, but the rest of the team? if stackhouse can get hot it would be a good series if they played the celtics.

if a guy like paul pierce, iverson, or stackhouse can get hot and carry them through the playoffs that'll most likely be the difference.

just for the sake of picking someone i'll go with lakers vs pacers. :bouncer:

- Galt - 04-21-2002

Should I just cut and paste Bill Simmons' article?

I say it's either Celtics or Nets. Pierce and Walker are it. But that's the whole East. There aren't any good teams. They are all very thin aside from the one or two stars.

Celtics get the nod over the Nets because it's the only way for Boston to re-create '86-'87 when all four major teams were in the championship game.

And there's no way the Pacers make it. The team isn't that good, and if Isiah were white he'd just be another mediocre coach

- HedCold - 04-21-2002

i know they most likely won't but its nice to dream
Quote:Should I just cut and paste Bill Simmons' article?
isn't this basically how everyone views the east?

- Galt - 04-21-2002

Most people are picking the Celtics? Nice!

- The Sleeper - 04-22-2002

Sorry, I only get my predictions from Francine Banger

- Arpikarhu - 04-22-2002

sleeper sucks at the fantasy baseball. lol

- The Sleeper - 04-22-2002

It's still early fucknut.

- Galt - 04-22-2002

Is that league still going on?

- HedCold - 04-23-2002

so the pacers had a tad of a set back yesterday. ron artest is horrible on offense. i know kidd is guarding reggie good, but god damn get him the ball. thats the problem i've had with the pacers all year, they don't get reggie the ball. isiah thomas is so in love with guys like artest and oneal he makes the offense focus around them, and doesn't take artest out when he's chucking up horrible shots.
i want jalen rose back :angry:. the only thing decent from that trade has been brad miller.

- McBourbon - 04-24-2002

What is this NBA you speak of? Does anyone really watch this anymore? Where I come from, we call it tree hockey and it sucked when I was a kid and it still sucks now. The Bulls dynasty ruined the league and so will the new Lakers dynasty. The NBA should cut it's losses, close up shop, and get the hell out the sports business all together. It's boring and people don't want to watch rapists and overpriced assholes play a kids' game...unless they're doing it on ice or a football field.

- Galt - 04-24-2002

I played hockey my whole life, and therefore biologically I was unable to even dribble a basketball.

But the NBA is much more fun to watch than the NHL. The drafts of the late 90s have put so many young superstars in the NBA that it will only get better.

The NHL is weak and only get weaker. The All-star gimmick is weak as is shutting down the league for three weeks during the Olympics. Every year there's some new guy in the NHL who has an immense year, and then does nothing the next year. It's just too hard to be a casual fan of the NHL.

- HedCold - 04-24-2002

Quote:But the NBA is much more fun to watch than the NHL. The drafts of the late 90s have put so many young superstars in the NBA that it will only get better.
yea, the nba is fucking themselves over by trying to push the next jordan on people, so from someone who doesn't really follow it its bad for them. but there are so many young players who are going to be doing amazing things in the future.

- Keyser Soze - 04-24-2002

Nets vs. Kings

I'll edit this later and add more comments but I wanted to drop my pick here before I forget. Honestly I haven't been watching much basketball this year, I kinda have lost interest with the Knicks being so horrendous. The Nets are a fun team and I hope more people come out and support them so they can afford to keep this strong nucleus they have now.

- HedCold - 04-26-2002

it looks like its going to be pistons vs celtics, which i think could be the best series in the east.
i just have one question, where did paul pierece get the nickname 'the truth'? i mean, in context with 'you can't handle the truth' it makes sense, but other than that it's one of the stupidest names
is this another one of those self imposed nicknames?

- HedCold - 05-01-2002

the way things are going theres going to be a game 5 for the pacers, but with my luck once i post this they'll blow it.
but as for the game, isiah thomas finally plays austin chroshere and look what happens. at least he finally realized what chroshere can do.
as for the other series the pistons should win and if they don't i'll be suprised, and stackhouse needs to wake up. the celtics might lose game 4 but i expect them to win the series.

- Galt - 05-01-2002

I just started hearing about "The Truth" this season. I'd never heard of it before, and no idea where it came from. Even considering the "he's the truth because you can't handle him" wittiness, it's still a stupid nickname.

But he is still a God

- HedCold - 05-02-2002

celtics must be sweating now. i didn't watch the game but i saw some highlights, and pierce didn't take the big shot, walker did. what happened to mr 4th quarter these last 2 games?

- Galt - 05-02-2002

Walker took the shot because he's a retard. You're down by 2, and you're a 30% 3 point shooter, you don't throw up a 3 in traffic with 10 seconds left.

The play was designed to go to Pierce, but Walker hurled it up instead of going for 2 and taking their chances in overtime.

- HedCold - 05-03-2002

oh my god, this game is amazing.
i can only describe it by saying, when has reggie miller ever dunked like that?
and van horn is the stupidest white player ever.

- HedCold - 05-05-2002

can the celtics win away from home? and why was kenny anderson taking shots and going to the basket down the stretch?