CDIH
And for the Rangers, he does dick! - Imagine if he played while in NY? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: And for the Rangers, he does dick! - Imagine if he played while in NY? (/showthread.php?tid=144)

Pages: 1 2

- Sean Cold - 01-19-2002

Quote:It's a special night for Robitaille, Hull family

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DETROIT (AP) -- Hall of Famer Bobby Hull saw two of his marks fall on Friday night -- one to his son.

Luc Robitaille passed Hull to become the most prolific goal-scoring left wing in NHL history and added an assist as the Detroit Red Wings defeated the Washington Capitals 3-1.

Detroit's Brett Hull missed here, but he would get past Olaf Kolzig later in the first period Friday.

Brett Hull also scored to pass his father and move into third place on the all-time list of game-winning goals.

Robitaille scored his 611th goal 1:50 into the game when he tipped in a shot from the point by Kirk Maltby.

It was Robitaille's 21st goal of the season.

Bobby Hull watched the game from the Joe Louis Arena stands.

"What are records for?" he asked. "And I'm glad to see these young guys set them."

Hull presented Robitaille with a cigar after the game for breaking his record, one that Brett had given him around Christmas

"I didn't know who to give it to, Brett or Luc," Bobby Hull said. "I'll give Brett my love."

Robitaille said the milestone was extra special because of Bobby Hull's presence. He added that his first skates were a pair of Bobby Hull CCM's.

"It's going to be meaningful once I retire," he said of the record, "but I don't want to stop here. I want to keep going and win a Cup here."

Brett Hull got what turned out to be the game winner with 45.3 seconds left in the first period to break a 1-1 tie.

He scored on a one-timer from the bottom of the right circle after taking a pass from rookie Pavel Datsyuk.

It was his 99th career game-winning goal and the 665th of his career.

"I didn't realize there was a record for me to break," Brett Hull said. "I'm excited for Luc. For you to go by someone of that status and legendary stature, it's great."

Robitaille, who has played 1,172 games in his 16 seasons, also moved into 10th place on the all-time NHL goal list.

Robitaille already held the NHL single-season records for goals (63) and points (125) by a left wing. Both of those marks came in 1992-93 when he was with the Los Angeles Kings.

Bobby Hull, who played 1,063 regular-season games in 16 seasons in the NHL, also had 303 goals in 411 games with the Winnipeg Jets in the WHA.

Washington had tied the game with a power-play goal at 9:36 of the first period when Peter Bondra got his 25th goal of season by one-timing a cross-ice pass from Adam Oates past Dominik Hasek on the short side from the right circle

"We had a great effort, but we didn't finish the first period off," Washington coach Ron Wilson said.

There was no scoring in the second period.

Sergei Fedorov, who also assisted on Robitaille's record goal, added a third-period goal for the Red Wings when his pass from behind the Washington net banked in off of goaltender Olaf Kolzig.

Now take a second and realize that he took a few years off while in NY. What the fuck man! Why do these players suck so fuckin bad here? At first I thought it was because he was in the Eastern Conf. but he did fine in Pittsburg in his tenure there.

Well, congrats to the fucker anyway, he is still a great player, just not for us. Like Keenan, who's best hit cam against Lafontaine while on the same fuckin team!

- Francine Banger - 01-19-2002

Fuck Robitaille

- Cluster F - 01-20-2002

He blows.

- Francine Banger - 01-20-2002

I almost got a Robitaille jersey back in the day, thankfully I decided to go with Verbeek instead. Not that one lasted long either, but at least he put some decent numbers up for the Rangers.

Redwings can get 150 points. Ill still stick with Colorado come playoff time.

- Sean Cold - 01-20-2002

Francine Banger Wrote:Redwings can get 150 points. Ill still stick with Colorado come playoff time.
Yeah, you have to go with the defending champs come playoff time. I don't know if they will repeat, but it is highly likey they will kick the ever loving shit out of the wings!

- Faceman - 01-20-2002

Write this one down in the memory banks. When the playoffs come around, beware of the Sharks. They have a number of good young players(Sundstrom, Nabakov) and some veterans that have been to the playoffs and know how to win(Graves, Ricci). They will be dangerous come playoff time.

I agree the Sharks can be dangerous, but it all depends on Nabakov. He has to prove that hes a Stanley Cup winning goaltender, which Im not sure he is.

Vincent Damphousse needs to stay healthy, and Teemu Selanne needs to get his scoring touch back which has been missing since his departure from Anaheim.

I do think they are better than Dallas however in the Pacific.

- JAYMOHRBUDDY - 01-20-2002

Faceman Wrote:Write this one down in the memory banks. When the playoffs come around, beware of the Sharks. They have a number of good young players(Sundstrom, Nabakov) and some veterans that have been to the playoffs and know how to win(Graves, Ricci). They will be dangerous come playoff time.
Are you talking about the former Niklas Sundstrom?? Who all he did is take up a spot on the fourth line for 3 years with the rangers.ugh im surprised he hasnt been shot by his own coach... And young players will not get u to the cup, cause come playoff time, those first round draft picks will buckle under the whole playoff pressure thing.. As far as Graves, well to me he will always be a piece of shit who only produiced wen he knew his contarct was up at the end of that season. .Ricci that toothless drunken bastard is the only thing on that team besides Vincent that is somewhat decent...My prediction.. My prediction (Blackhawks).they wont go really far, but they will turn some heads in the playoffs

"As far as Graves, well to me he will always be a piece of shit who only produiced wen he knew his contarct was up at the end of that season".

How can you breathe a negative word about Adam Graves? Whether your a Ranger fan or not and especially if your a Ranger fan.

He is the classiest human being on Earth and gave it his all and was one of the best Rangers ever to don the sweater. And someday his #9 will hopefully be in the rafters next to #1, #7, #2, #11, and #35.

If you have dont like Adam Graves, then theres something wrong with you.

Yes i m a diehard ranger fan...but what bothers me is
a player who only produces when he knows his contract
was gonna be up at the end of the season. Yes he was a
above average player at times (maybe 1 or 2 seasons) but at other times he was a underachiever at its finest. Yeah and he gave to charity... whoopee

- Sean Cold - 01-20-2002

well, jmb, young people can win the cup. Maybe you never heard but Edmonton had The Kid Linewhen they won the stanley cup with, oh my god, Graves playing on it.

Also, last time i checked, Graves is the alltime leader in goals for a season for the Rangers. He was key in getting the cup in the same year. Now, you want to slam Gravey for what? This is the same guy who double handed slashed Lemiux to help The rangers win against Pitt, the same guy who wrapped around the seris winning goal against NJ, the same guy who protected that cunt whore Mess the whole time he was on his line!

Sean Cold Wrote:well, jmb, young people can win the cup. Maybe you never heard but Edmonton had The Kid Linewhen they won the stanley cup with, oh my god, Graves playing on it.

Also, last time i checked, Graves is the alltime leader in goals for a season for the Rangers. He was key in getting the cup in the same year. Now, you want to slam Gravey for what? This is the same guy who double handed slashed Lemiux to help The rangers win against Pitt, the same guy who wrapped around the seris winning goal against NJ, the same guy who protected that cunt whore Mess the whole time he was on his line!
Well Sean with all due respect, i feel that times have changed now. bak then the kids could pull it off. But nowadays. Look at a team like Canucks. The average age of that team is 24-25.. no way in hell will they be able to pull it off..Regardless of the amount of skill they have.

And ok he scored 52 goals..but show me what he has done (did) for us from 98-2001..

- Sean Cold - 01-20-2002

JAYMOHRBUDDY Wrote:And ok he scored 52 goals..but show me what he has done (did) for us from 98-2001..
Show me what any fuckin Ranger did in that time, they all sucked out loud.

Sean Cold Wrote:
Quote: And ok he scored 52 goals..but show me what he has done (did) for us from 98-2001..
Show me what any fuckin Ranger did in that time, they all sucked out loud.
Um..Richter made it to the allstar game..

- Francine Banger - 01-21-2002

Yeah well Graves had back surgery and was battling though that and that included with his aging, of course he wasnt going to be the same player. Also he never had a really good line to play with the past couple of years.

And by the way when he slashed Lemieux, it didnt help us win, because we lost that series in 6 games to Pittsburgh in 1992.

"Um..Richter made it to the allstar game.. "

Well congratulations to him. Considering that until last year each team had to have a representative.

- JAYMOHRBUDDY - 01-21-2002

Quote:Yeah well Graves had back surgery and was battling though that and that included with his aging, of course he wasnt going to be the same player. Also he never had a really good line to play with the past couple of years.

And by the way when he slashed Lemieux, it didnt help us win, because we lost that series in 6 games to Pittsburgh in 1992.
Ok and Mario battled hodgkins disease...dont use Adams back surgery as an excuse for his poor play. You know full well that after 96 he wasnt performin like he could. He was in it for the money...plain and simple..

Edited By JAYMOHRBUDDY on Jan. 21 2002 at 12:21

Ok yeah he was in it for the money. Ok there. You do realize that if you were in a room with 5,000 NHL personell or people who follow the game, tht 0 of that 5,000 would agree with your assesment of Adam Graves. So go on with your ridiculous opinions. I dont know how you could call yourself a Ranger Fan. Whats next you hate Messier?

And Mario Lemieux just happens to be one of the all time greats, so lets not compare Graves to him.

Ok yeah I do realize that would be a pretty big room, but you get the point.

Edited By Francine Banger on Jan. 21 2002 at 01:10

- JAYMOHRBUDDY - 01-21-2002

I do respect the fact that your sticking by graves..maybe his play impressed you..I on the other hand was not...Remember evryones entitled to their own opinions.

- Sean Cold - 01-21-2002

Yeah, but your opinion just abso fuckin lutly sucks major ass! :no, really, fuck off:

aren't you the same guy that thinks Messier returning was great? I guess you believe him when he said it was never about money.

And FB, thank you, you beat me to the punch about Richter. For the past 4 season's the Rangers are under achievers at best. Over paid cick knockers is more like it. Many of shitheads have come to NY for the big $$$$ and haven't performed worth dick. Gravey skills and mental prowness dimished over the past few years. Cut the guy some slack, his fuckin kid died for fuck's sake. He was more of a team leader than Leetch ever was and ever will be. Don't forget how heavy Leetch's shoulders felt while carrying that fuckin C on his sweater. Or do you think he sucks now too? That's right, by your equation he will be great next year!