CDIH
Lunch v2.0 - Bigger, stronger, more powerful - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Lunch v2.0 - Bigger, stronger, more powerful (/showthread.php?tid=1462)

Pages: 1 2

- Keyser Soze - 04-26-2002

I don't want to know what you had for lunch. Instead I want to know your lunch habits. Do you have a cafeteria at work? If so do you prefer to use it or do you like to get some fresh air and hit a cafe somewhere out of work, or maybe a favorite restaurant.

Personally, we have a pretty nice cafeteria here but I like to get out of the office. I like this authentic Mexican place here in Princeton that i usually hit at least once a week and when i'm in the mood to sit at a bar and catch a few innings of an afternoon ballgame i'll hit the Chevy's right around the corner. Can you tell I like Mexican? I'd say I use the cafeteria 3 out of 5 days and go out the other 2.

- Hey Ladi - 04-26-2002

Mostly I don't eat, or I eat at my desk. Sometimes I go to the cafeteria, it's small & expensive. Breakfast is reasonable. There is a Stop & Shop on the other side of the parking lot, I'll walk over there and get salad or sushi, and bring it back.

Now that the weather is nice, I might start going for drives again.

- Grumpy - 04-26-2002

i usually sit in the schoolyard across the street with one hand down my pants pinchin the helmet until the cops come and chase me away.

- Spitfire - 04-26-2002

Sometimes I sit at my desk...
other times my co-worker buys lunch for me, we go just about everywhere, delis, sushi, McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, etc.
and as it's getting nicer, sometimes I eat lunch at Holmdel Park by the lake, make my day more enjoyable.
When I take drives, I'm usually :fuggin: at lunch! Weeeeeeeee! but that's usually on Fridays when I go to the bank...

- Maynard - 04-26-2002

I usually go to the Shop Rite near my work. It's a 5 minute walk, and they have a GREAT kitchen there. THey make everything from sushi (real japanese sushi chef), to fresh cold cut sandwiches, to pizza, to meatloaf....you get the point. They make everything.

Theres another OUTSTANDING sushi restaurant up the street. About a 10 minute walk. I love that place, but it gets expensive.

Eating? I eat at my desk. I hate the people I work with, so I don't want to hang out with them. So I sit at my desk, listen to music, play on the net. Whatever. About once a week, I'll go out to the record store, and usually grab wendy's, or something from the bagel shop next door for lunch.

I love Holmdel Park, its right near my house. I used to fish in the lake there when I was younger. Longstreet Farm has cute animals and in the winter you can sleigh ride down the long steep hills in the back.

- Luna - 04-26-2002

I always go right to my kitchen, that's my cafeteria.
If nothing is in my cupboard I order from Goodfella's and they deliver. I'm an Italian food fanatic and I could eat pasta until I am blue in the face and never get tired of it. yummm yumm...give me carbs. ...gotta have carbs....
Now, that the weather is getting nice, I will probably take my pooch for walks down to our local deli/bagel place and get sammichs.

I forgot to mention we have a Wegmans next door. Wegmans is the bomb diggity, its the caddilac of supermarkets. They've got a chinese food bar, they make fresh sushi, fresh noodle soup made to order with whatever fixins you want the chef to make right before you, thai food, all sorts of ala carte sandwiches, salads, and soups, pizza, and more. And thats just the cafeteria section. The supermarket itself is a whole nother story. Wegmans rocks.

- Maynard - 04-26-2002

Wegmans does rock. Mmmmmm Thai food. We don't have that at Shop Rite. {Sad}

Wegmans also has a GREAT cheese selection. I'm a cheese freak.

Yeah, I couldn't believe Wegman's had an entire department devoted to cheese. They've got everything there.

- Hey Ladi - 04-26-2002

I want Wegmans to move up here! :loveya:

There was one by my college, it was beautiful.

Edited By Hey Ladi on April 26 2002 at 2:19

- Skitchr4u - 04-26-2002

damn, the closest wegmans to here is like 40 minutes away...too damn far for grocery shopping. as for lunch, i like to go out, cause the people here don't like me too much...sometimes i just go to the park and eat lunch on a park bench, and watch the mothers play with their children on teh swings...

- Hey Ladi - 04-26-2002

Quote:and watch the mothers play with their children on teh swings...
You might want to rethink telling anyone that. You sound like such the kid toucher. {Wink}

- Sloatsburgh - 04-26-2002

Not enough locations and none near me.....

[Image: map.gif]

I never even heard of Wegmans until I moved up to Princeton last year, i've since moved back to Holmdel and found out theres one right over in Freehold off Route 9.

- Skitchr4u - 04-26-2002

thanks for the advice ladi, i won't tell the mothers i am watching...i will just stand there with my hand in my pants

- Hey Ladi - 04-26-2002

That's better. Because if you play with yourself, you're just a pervert. If you want to get w/them, then you are a sick and twisted individual. But either way, you should come sit by me. :thumbs-up:

- Skitchr4u - 04-26-2002

will you be waiting in the park for me? cause most times i don't like to sit near people, they scare me...

- Hey Ladi - 04-26-2002

I'll be near the pond collecting goose dung samples. It is my new hobby I mat & frame it,smushed into the likenesses of celebrities.

- Skitchr4u - 04-26-2002

wow, did you do your brad pitt sample yet? i can help with that if you want, he is the grooviest celeb out there!