CDIH
Video arcades - Coin op machines - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Video arcades - Coin op machines (/showthread.php?tid=1497)

Pages: 1 2

- Arthur Dent - 04-29-2002

Since I can't play any computer or PS2 games right now, I've gone to the local video arcades a few times to fill my need for video games.

Anybody else go to an arcade? What's your favorite games?

I either play the pinball machines or the shooting games with the plastic guns.

Silent Scope EX rocks. Got the big scope with a TV screen inside like you were really looking throught a scope. And you have to look up at the big screen to find your next target.

Also Houses of the Dead II is pretty cool.

- crx girl - 04-29-2002

i rule at teh galaga :firebounce:

- fbd - 04-29-2002

uaually, if i have someone else with me, i'll play a gun game, or some guantlet.alone, i tend to play star wars arcade and shitloads of pinball, plus whatever other games look good

- crx girl - 04-29-2002

i always like the pinball too, besides, ladi threw down the gauntlet so i gotta post here again

- Hummercash - 04-29-2002

i like Area 51, its lotsa fun alone or with a friend.

if im with a friend we will usually play a few games of laser tag (cuz there is a pretty sweet q-zar arena at my local arcade)

- The Sleeper - 04-29-2002

Arcade games peaked with Street Fighter II.

- Arpikarhu - 04-29-2002

you are all a bunch of pale, friendless virgins

- Sephiroth - 04-29-2002

Dance Dance Revolution.

End of thread.

- JIMMYSNUKA - 04-29-2002

i can picture seph in the white suit..the wooden high heeled shoes....playing dance dance revolution..attracting all the little kids to watch...hmmm.....maybe i should try that {Smile}

Edited By JIMMYSNUKA on April 29 2002 at 2:30

- Arthur Dent - 04-30-2002

Quote:Dance Dance Revolution.

End of thread.

Dude, I laughed my ass off when I saw this one kid doing hand-stands and shit playing that game.

I don't waste my money on stuff like Tekken Tag or Streetfighter vs. Marvel or any of that stuff. If I want to play that type of game I'll get it for a console or PC.

Don't know if it's in the US arcades, but they've got this game over here that uses a motion sensor system to tell where you are. It's a cop shooting game where you have to physically duck or dodge left and right when the bad guys shoot at you. Looks like fun, but people just look stupid playing it.

- Metalfan - 04-30-2002

I used to rule at Galaga and Tempest :thumbs-up: Zaxxon was fun for blowing shit up in 3-D compared to that lame ass piece of shit Missile Command

- Kid Afrika - 04-30-2002

Quote:you are all a bunch of pale, friendless virgins
I was thinking more along the lines of kid touchers lying in wait.

- HedCold - 05-01-2002

Quote:Dance Dance Revolution.

End of thread.
what is it with asians and this game?
do you download videos of people playing it to?

- Arthur Dent - 05-01-2002

Quote:I was thinking more along the lines of kid touchers lying in wait.
Arcades in the UK are over 18 because they also have slot machines.:firebounce:

- Skitchr4u - 05-01-2002

i stink at arcade games, so i stick to pinball

- Kid Afrika - 05-01-2002

Quote:Arcades in the UK are over 18 because they also have slot machines
Yes, but here, arcades are all ages and have the "little shaking car" rides in them. That makes you kid touchers lying in wait. In the UK, you're just weird. Smile

Edited By Kid Afrika on May 01 2002 at 12:51

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-01-2002

I like Jillians out on Long Island...and the games at ESPN Zone kick ass....went to the Broadway Arcade on a date once too...I want to check out Bar Code.

I love pinball and all the older games like Pac Man, and Tetris and Paper Boy.

- Arpikarhu - 05-01-2002

Quote:Don't know if it's in the US arcades, but they've got this game over here that uses a motion sensor system to tell where you are. It's a cop shooting game where you have to physically duck or dodge left and right when the bad guys shoot at you. Looks like fun, but people just look stupid playing it.
this game is in the 42nd street arcade.

- fbd - 05-01-2002

actually, arpi, its in most decent arcades...i played it in the one in menlo mall the other day.there's a boxing one, too

- Hybrid - 05-01-2002

yea, those games are cool where you have to duck and stuff.

seph....dancing? :roflmao: