CDIH
Cell phones - Good service? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cell phones - Good service? (/showthread.php?tid=1503)

- PollyannaFlower46 - 04-30-2002

My contract with Sprint is running out, and I've been generally very happy until recently when my under warranty phone broke and they began giving me a hard time about repair and replacement. I've been without a cell for over a week and allegedly my new one is on the way....their lack of customer service just may be enough for me to sign up elsewhere....does anyone have a good carrier that they reccomend?

- Sluggo - 04-30-2002

Verizon...
They are the best I've used so far.

- Galt - 04-30-2002

I've been using AT&T for the last 5 years, and haven't had any problems.

The only thing is that if you get a new provider, you'll probably also have to get a new phone.

- Ahlexus - 04-30-2002

I've had sprint for years.. and believe it or not, my service improved when I bought a new cell phone. Friends & relatives of mine have verizon and they'd never get it again because it has too many dead cell areas across the country.

My issue with Sprint isn't the service...it's the customer serivce...did you know I had to pay $3 to speak with a customer service representative just to find out when my phone was shipped? After I argued about the $3, I was told it was non-refundable...I told them to expect me to close my account out with a $3 balance.... :angry:

- Ahlexus - 04-30-2002

Well that totally sucks. I haven't had to deal with their customer service dept.. thankfully. I just threw out that bit about my cell service getting better with a new phone because I never would've believed it would've made such a difference. F them and their $3 charge tho.

- Sluggo - 04-30-2002

I don't understand what you're talking about with the dead areas and Verizon...
I have had virtually no problems with service...
All of my friends with Sprint and Nextel say it's the worst...
But I guess it all depends on where you live...

- Ahlexus - 04-30-2002

Sluggo, do you live in the northeast?

Quote:F them and their $3 charge tho.

I sent the complaints department a scathing letter about the charge....the customer service rep. I spoke to on the phone that day told me it was the way Sprint was trying to raise revenues...I guess the $50 a month I spend on my service wasn't revenue enough..... :fuckoff:

- Sluggo - 04-30-2002

Yes...Sluggo lives in Joisey...

- Ahlexus - 04-30-2002

Well, my phones are thru a corporate plan, so sprint pretty much plays along when something goes wrong. But from what you're saying, I might think twice about using them if I were a regular customer. And follow up that scathing letter with a phone call too! :punch:

- Ahlexus - 04-30-2002

Ahh see, that's the difference Sluggo. Down in the southeast, verizon is nearly useless. Can't even get it to work in Tallahassee.. and that's the freaking capital.

- Jack - 04-30-2002

I have Nextel personally. 10 bucks a month, Thousand anytime minutes, unlimited direct connect, free incoming calls, free caller id, free text messaging, free nextel online.....

of course I get an employee discount though.