CDIH
Vlad guerrero - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Vlad guerrero (/showthread.php?tid=1552)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Sleeper - 05-02-2002

He is the best player in the league. Prove me wrong suckas.

- Arpikarhu - 05-02-2002

if he played in a big market he would be revered as a god!!! he is an awesome player

- Galt - 05-02-2002

He is great, but Manny will put up better numbers minus the steals.

- Arpikarhu - 05-02-2002

Quote:He is great, but Manny will put up better numbers minus the steals
if vlad had the same people hitting around him as manny does, vlad would make manny look like a 6 year old girl in terms of stats

- HedCold - 05-02-2002

vlad is a better than manny defensivly as well

- Galt - 05-02-2002

Vlad is better than Manny defensively. However, Vlad is still not good defensively. Yes, he has the best arm in baseball, but beyond that, he's a pretty poor fielder.

Manny will hit more homers, drive in more runs, and probably hit for higher average than Vlad. Manny's surrounding players are better though the Expos currently have one of the best offenses in baseball and the guy hitting behind Manny is hitting about .150.

I say again, Manny will put up better hitting numbers than Vlad, though if I had to choose, I'd rather have Vlad.

- Arpikarhu - 05-02-2002

if they were both playing on the same field with the same lineup, manny couldnt hold vlad's jock.

- Galt - 05-02-2002

Well we will see next year when Vlad is playing for the Red Sox after contraction.

- Arpikarhu - 05-02-2002

Quote:Well we will see next year when Vlad is playing for the Red Sox after contraction
you are delusional. everyone knows that the only team that can afford him are the yanks.

- Galt - 05-02-2002

The Sox are losing about $20 million in crap salaries next year (Offerman, Arrojo, Clark) , after losing about $30 million in crap salaries this year (Bichette, O'Leary, Valentin, Beck, Lansing).

They'll have money, I just don't know if Manny at full-time DH will fly. Also, since the big thing is the gap between the rich teams and the poor teams, I have to think they'll just do a dispersal draft instead of making everyone a free agent or else it will only make the Braves, Yanks, Sox, Mets, Rangers, etc that much better.

- Sir O - 05-02-2002

Quote:Manny will put up better hitting numbers than Vlad
No chance in hell. I'd be willing to bet big money that Vlad will end up with better numbers. Manny, though a great player, is vastly overrated, especially by Sawx fans. Vlad looks like he's ready to overtake Bonds as the best hitter in the league.

Quote:Well we will see next year when Vlad is playing for the Red Sox after contraction.
There will be no contraction. He'll be playing in Virginia next year.

- Arpikarhu - 05-02-2002

Quote:He'll be playing in Virginia next year.
angelos and selig are butt buddies now. no way a team is put that close to the orioles. pipe dream

- Sir O - 05-02-2002

Quote:angelos and selig are butt buddies now. no way a team is put that close to the orioles. pipe dream
Selig and Angelos still have 28 other owners, the media, fans, and congress to answer to. The reign of terror will end soon. The only pipe dream right now is a pinstripe-clad Guerrero.

- Arpikarhu - 05-02-2002

Quote:the media, fans, and congress to answer to
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

- Galt - 05-02-2002

How is Manny overrated? His numbers were down for being injured or out half of last year, but the guy is a perrenial lock to hit .325 40 homers and drive in 130 runs. If he's healthy all year, with the lineup and park he's in, he has a very good chance to put up Todd Helton numbers like .350 50 150. Vlad won't approach those numbers. But again, I would rather have Vlad than Manny. I'm just saying that Manny will put up better numbers minus the steals.

- Sir O - 05-02-2002

Overrated, only in that I've seen people put him in the same class as Bonds and Sosa, when I feel he's a good step or two below them. But yes, he's an awesome player, and I'd dance around like a little girl if he somehow wound up playing for the Mets.

And I don't think .350-50-150 is out of the question for Guerrero. Frank Robinson is the perfect manager for him and seems to have lit a fire under his ass, and Vidro and Bergeron will give him plenty of opportunities to drive in runs, especially when Bergeron lifts his average up above .200.

So I will take back what I said before, that Vlad will end up with better numbers this year, but I think it will be really, really close.

- The Sleeper - 05-03-2002

If the expos make the playoffs this year, Vlad is a lock for MVP. And everyone on the Red Sox sucks, especially that overrated mexican!

- Arpikarhu - 05-03-2002

Quote:And everyone on the Red Sox sucks, especially that overrated mexican!
well said my good man

- Galt - 05-03-2002

which Mexican?

PS. Nomar = Jeter x 1,000
PPS: Varitek > Posada
in closing: Mussina wins Cy Young

- The Sleeper - 05-03-2002

Quote:PS. Nomar = Jeter x 1,000
No, Nomar = Dirty Mexican