CDIH
Geek chic? or just a cool toy? - Don't care, check out what i ordered... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Geek chic? or just a cool toy? - Don't care, check out what i ordered... (/showthread.php?tid=1568)

- Kid Afrika - 05-02-2002

My buddy showed me this cool little remote control car yesterday. I placed my order today. These fucking things are cool as shit. They are supposed to be under 60mm(2.5in) long, and fully functional remote control. The remote uses 2 AA batteries, and the car recharges from the remote. According to this site, the car charges in 45 sec and the charge lasts about 2 min.

[Image: bitchar6.jpg]

They are available in several different body styles, and there are "hop-up" parts of all sorts available for them.

[Image: bitchar7.jpg]

I'm pretty souped about getting this thing. But, then I'm still not much more than a big kid when it comes to little toys like this.

The cars and accessories are available from Cosmo Games

- Maynard - 05-02-2002

That is actually really cool k1d. But I'd get frustrated with it after about an hour and smash it to little bits. Only a 2 minute charge? Even if it does charge in 45 secs, only being able to drive it for 2 minutes sucks ass. I'd like to see a 30 min charge. Even if it did take longer to charge I wouldnt care if I could drive it for longer.

- Kid Afrika - 05-02-2002

I hear you on the 2min run-time, but look how tiny the fuckin' thing is... :thumbs-up:

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-02-2002

If it's not from thinkgeek it is not chic.

- Sluggo - 05-03-2002

Gotta fuckin have it! :bouncer: Confusedmokey: :firebounce: Confusedmokey: :bouncer:

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

I have the regular size remote control car, Jeep actually. It's fun! It's maybe a foot high & foot/half long. Goes on the grass & really well on pavement, got it at Toys R' Us. :thumbs-up:

- Sluggo - 05-03-2002

Me and LZ have ass kickin rc's...not toys...racers...

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

So what do you do? Like, race down the street?

- Keyser Soze - 05-03-2002

I bought this geek toy today

[Image: mzn707black.jpg]

- virgingrrl - 05-03-2002

boys and their toysRolleyes

- Kid Afrika - 05-03-2002

Quote:Me and LZ have ass kickin rc's...not toys...racers...
[Image: rc-car.jpg]

- Sluggo - 05-03-2002

nice kid...but you broke the page!!!
Maybe you can link that?

- Kid Afrika - 05-03-2002

it ain't broke. it's just fat in the middle. like the joints you roll. :-p

I'll shrink the pic...

- Sluggo - 05-03-2002

My joints are NEVER fat in the middle...
I leave a gap in the middle so the herb gets pushed in to fill the gap...perfect every time...

Oh... and thanks Kid...I didn't wanna be a "MOD" and go edit your post...

- Arthur Dent - 05-03-2002

God damn, that's great!! I always wished as a kid that my Matchbox cars could drive by themselves! I bet this thing woudl fit in all the Matchbox and Hotwheels toys like the garage, the carwash, the city playset...damn, if I still had those and this little beauty...:thumbs-up: :bouncer: :thumbs-up:

As for RC, I really want ot get an RC helicopter. I was talking with this guy in a shop here about them. A basic starter model isn't anymore expensive than a good RC car like Kid or LZ's. And learning to fly one isn't that hard. I already know the basics from playing Longbow 2 for PC (even got the throttle) and he told me about a bungee tether they use when your first learning how to lift off and hover so it doesn't just fly off into a tree or something. Really cool.

Once I get good at it, I'll look into a more expensive one. Maybe buy that quarter sized wireless camera and mount it on the chopper. :-D

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

I wonder how many people lost theirs before they thought of the bungee. That sounds so fun.

Quote:boys and their toys
It's more fun to play with the stuff now anyway, and there is a slightly less chance of everything getting broken. heheh Besides i didn't get this stuff as a kid.

- Arthur Dent - 05-03-2002

Ladi, why do so many of our conversations have to do with bungee cords? ;-)

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

I know. :roflmao: I didn't even make the obvious joke Again, this time. Angel

- Skitchr4u - 05-03-2002

i so want one of these now!! a great toy to terrorize the cats with!