CDIH
Angry drawing = death threat @ 11 years - No tolerance strikes again - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Angry drawing = death threat @ 11 years - No tolerance strikes again (/showthread.php?tid=1569)

- IkeaBoy - 05-03-2002

Just another example of HOW FUCKING STUPID our country is. We are too serious, too politically correct and can't see things in any sort of logic whatsoever. Why can't kids be angry at teachers for getting a bad grade?

Girl Suspended in Doodle of Teacher
The Associated Press
Thursday, May 2, 2002; 10:49 AM

MOUNT LEBANON, Pa. –– A school suspended an 11-year-old girl for drawing two teachers with arrows through their heads, saying the stick figures were more death threat than doodle.

Becca Johnson, an honor-roll sixth-grader at Mellon Middle School, drew the picture on the back of a vocabulary test on which she had gotten a D.

"That's my way of saying I'm angry," Becca said, adding she meant no harm to the teachers.

The stick figures, on a crudely drawn gallows with arrows in their heads, had the names of Becca's teacher and a substitute teacher written underneath. Another teacher spotted the doodle in the girl's binder Tuesday and reported it, prompting the three-day suspension.

Becca's parents, Philip and Barbara Johnson, denied the school's contention the drawings were "terrorist threats."

"She had done poorly on a test that was handed back to her. We've always told her that you can't take your feelings out on your teacher, so write about it or draw it, as a catharsis," Barbara Johnson said.

She accused the school of applying a zero-tolerance policy that "does away with due process and inflicts a penalty without a hearing or investigation."

The district said its zero-tolerance policy applies only to gun or drug possession, and denied that no investigation was done.

"All I can say is that when we have taken action related to the activities of students in the schools, we have done so after a thorough investigation," Mount Lebanon School District Superintendent Glenn Smartschan said.

- Galt - 05-03-2002

<div align="center">[Image: illkillyou.jpg]</div>

- Luna - 05-03-2002

Wow...what a story.
I think they may have over-reacted.

- fbd - 05-03-2002

can anybody say "free speech"?

oh wait, she's a kid.nevermind, she has no rights

- Sluggo - 05-03-2002

Man, am I glad things weren't like that when I was a kid...
I would've been executed.

- Luna - 05-03-2002

Quote:Man, am I glad things weren't like that when I was a kid...
I would've been executed.

Yes, me, too. :lol:

- IkeaBoy - 05-03-2002

You know in the Middle East kids are teached from birth to kill as many people as they can and sacrifice themselves while doing it. These people are praised, it's part of their life. Yet it's almost as if we consider this a far bigger problem.

- Sean Cold - 05-03-2002

I actually got suspended from Chatholic School for drawing nude orgy's with the nuns and satan. No sense of humour I tell ya.

- Sloatsburgh - 05-03-2002

death threat??? Who the fuck hunts teacher with ARROWS anymore???

- Ken'sPen - 05-03-2002

I pulled a switch blade comb on my 7th grade math teacher....
I thought it would be funny,
I was such an egg head I thought she would laugh,
she shit a brick till I held it so she could see it was a comb, and started using it.

- Skitchr4u - 05-03-2002

nothing like overreacting...it isn't gun or drug related, so she shouldn't be suspended per their rules. fucking country is crazy!

- OAS - 05-03-2002

Quote:I pulled a switch blade comb on my 7th grade math teacher....
A switch blade comb? damn your fucking old.
:roflmao:

- Ken'sPen - 05-03-2002

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight,
Tell us how much trouble you got in OAS for the cave painting you did of your Clan Elder.

- OAS - 05-03-2002

I was the Clan Elder.