CDIH
Smoking is a lifelong addiction... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Smoking is a lifelong addiction... (/showthread.php?tid=1574)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 05-03-2002

So last year, I guess in the Winter, maybe February, I quit smoking. Cold turkey! Then a few months later, I started again. Stress and shit, and I thought that smoking would help. Not a fucking chance. Then I quit in the Spring, and haven't had one since. Well, that is until this past Saturday. I quit cold turkey again that time, and didn't have a single craving at all for a whole year. I've been in bars, and around smokers, and no problems. Then all of a sudden Sat noght I just REALLY wanted one. So I did. I had 5 or so.
No big deal right? Well, today was a fucking miserable day for me. Very emotional shit happening, and I was super stressed. And I had another one today. The thing is though, it made me feel like fucking shit, so I don't think I'll be having another one. But I just don't know. I never thought I'd have one again anyway, and I did.

I fucking hate myself for ever picking up that first cigarette all those years ago.

I know that the topic of quitting smoking has come up here a few times before, but what about starting again? How many people has this happened to? And of you started again after a hiatus, why did you start again?

As much as I enjoyed smoking, I hate it 100 times more.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-03-2002

I don't smoke, but my father used to smoke 3 packs a day when I was younger. He had to have surgery (non smoking related) and would be in the hospital for a week, so he decided never to smoke again after that....he told me if I ever found him smoking again I could burn his stamp collection (which is very large and worth a lot of money)....maybe you could try something like that...kinda have someone punish you by taking something more important than cigarettes away? Do any of the gums, etc. work? Good luck.

- Jack - 05-03-2002

Quote:As much as I enjoyed smoking, I hate it 100 times more.

Isn't that an oxy moron? But anyways ontopic, I already told you guys that I have never even tried any drug nor cigarrettes (yeah go ahead, crack the goody goody jokes) and that is because I could never understand the thought behind inhaling smoke into my lungs or to make my body do things that it wasn't designed to do.

But then again that is just me. Good luck though.

- Maynard - 05-03-2002

The thing is that quitting wasnt the problem. I did it for a year. It wasn't the nicotine addiction so gums dont do shit for it. It is just the mental idea of smoking that I like.

As far as taking something away. Nah, that doesn't do shit for me. The only thing that I have that would really be bad to take away from me would be my music collection. But if someone touched that, I'd end up in prison for killing them. So that just won't work.

Maybe I'll just start shooting heroin.

- Lord Magus - 05-03-2002

Smoking sucks!

I'm gonna go have a cigarette now....

- Kid Afrika - 05-03-2002

Quote:So last year, I guess in the Winter, maybe February, I quit smoking. Cold turkey! Then a few months later, I started again. Stress and shit, and I thought that smoking would help. Not a fucking chance. Then I quit in the Spring, and haven't had one since. Well, that is until this past Saturday. I quit cold turkey again that time, and didn't have a single craving at all for a whole year. I've been in bars, and around
Why does it always have to be about you?

Edited By Kid Afrika on May 03 2002 at 01:53

- Sean Cold - 05-03-2002

I quit trying to quit. I actually enjoy smoking. The Lord Thy Leary said it best: You lose the worst years anyway. I will be smoking a cig with a killian's the day I die and will be quite happy. Actually, it will probally be a Bud with my luck, stuck in my hands while they wheel me out, right Kid?:firebounce:

- Kid Afrika - 05-03-2002

quitting is for pussies.

if I cared about my health... well, I wouldn't smoke or drink, or enjoy life at all for that matter.

- Luna - 05-03-2002

I smoke and I really regret ever having started.
I wish I could quit, but, I think I enjoy it too much. I have been thinking about trying Zyban, but, you really have to want to quit and I don't know if I want to. :crackhead:

- Metalfan - 05-03-2002

I used to smoke.....first time I quit it took me three tries...but within a year I was smoking again. Next time I quit was equally as hard, but I haven't had a cigarette now in over 10 years, although some days I could use one!!!

Besides, I'm sure it stunted my growth dammit!!!!

- OAS - 05-03-2002

I quit for 3 1/2 years and started again. Got into a point in my career where I was traveling all the time, sitting in hotel bars at night and having a smoke now and then led to more etc, etc, etc. It has been difficult trying to quit again.

- Sephiroth - 05-03-2002

QUICK ! SOMEBODY MAKE A BROKEN COLLARBONE REFERENCE! SEAN, IM LOOKING IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION !!!

- Arthur Dent - 05-03-2002

Ever try aversion therapy? Put a rubber band around your wrist and snap it every time you want something your addicted to (like cigarettes). Don't know if it works. I'm not addicted to anything.

Except this board, television, the internet, video games...

- Spitfire - 05-03-2002

Quote:if I cared about my health... well, I wouldn't smoke or drink, or enjoy life at all for that matter.
Yup, those are my feelings exactly...who cares if I don't live to be 90? I don't want to live that long anyway...

I quit cold turkey last year, went back to it a couple months later. But I've cut down a lot, smoking 100's so I smoke half a cig at a time. I realized I only really need a little bit of nicotine, I now smoke about a pack every 3 days or so (from 1 pack+ a day)...I don't want to quit just yet, I still enjoy it Confusedmokey:

Edited By Spitfire on May 03 2002 at 09:34

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

Quote:or to make my body do things that it wasn't designed to do.
That is because the powers that be have told you it's "bad." Everything is bad if you have too much of it. But a little here and there keeps your body on it's toes, lets it exploere other realitys. :fuggin: It's good for ya!

- Sloatsburgh - 05-03-2002

Quote:quitting is for pussies.

Figure a dealer would say that....

I have only smoked when I was drunk and the one time I inhaled, I puked.

But, with that being said, I might take up pipe smoking or just cigars. Even though I not big into the tobacco thing, I need to do something while I sit on my future front patio so I don't look like a kid toucher.

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

Speaking of ....... I dreamt about cigars last night...... does that seem Freudian to anyone :roflmao:

- Arthur Dent - 05-03-2002

<div align="center">Sherlock Holmes was a coke addict.</div>

Never tried smoking as a kid mostly because I couldn't afford it and because I just didn't see the attraction. Got older and just didn't want to.

Think about this. Pack of cigs is up to what? $3.00 now? Put $3.00 a day, every day into a jar. At the end of the month you've got about $90. At the end of the year you've got $1,095. There's your Christmas money right there.

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

Closer to 4. A girl at work quit & is going to use the $$ for Summer pedicures.

- Sloatsburgh - 05-03-2002

If you are smoking a pack a day, you are probably going to go to BJs or Sam' Club and buy a 100 pack carton for $200.

Funny, I don't smoke and I never have $1K at Christmas time.....