CDIH
Coat hangers? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Coat hangers? (/showthread.php?tid=1577)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Sleeper - 05-03-2002

Which do you prefer? I think wire-hangers get the job done more efficiently.

- IkeaBoy - 05-03-2002

Firsties on abortion reference

- Kid Afrika - 05-03-2002

You sir, are a moron.

Besides, plastic hangers are thicker and thusly don't put a crease in your clothes as readily.

yea, long way for a joke huh?

- HedCold - 05-03-2002

and you don't have to worry about getting poked by a plastic hanger.
but, metal ones do make better back and ass scratchers

- Kid Afrika - 05-03-2002

Quote:Firsties on abortion reference
You really are gay, aren't you?

Oh, and I feel like such a dick because I missed the obvious joke here. I'll be going now... :helpme:

Seriously though, wire hangers can be useful for lots of things because of their flexibility. They are more versatile then their plastic counterpart.

- HedCold - 05-03-2002

so it comes down to what is the hanger being used for?
for hanging of clothes, you got to go with plastic, but with everything else, metal is the obvious choice

- Arthur Dent - 05-03-2002

You forgot the nice thick wooden hangers. Best for jackets and shirts. Wire for everything else.

- crx girl - 05-03-2002

Quote:so it comes down to what is the hanger being used for?
for hanging of clothes, you got to go with plastic, but with everything else, metal is the obvious choice
i'd say it's part that and part financial conciderations. you get wire hangers free whenever you do dry cleaning (ok, i get a wire hanger once every year or two) so, if you're in the store and have to choose, definitely plastic.

- Luna - 05-03-2002

[mommie dearest]What did I tell you about wire hangers???!!! I buy you nice clothes and you put them on wire hangers???!!![/mommie dearest]

- Skitchr4u - 05-03-2002

wire hangers for dress shirts, cause like crx says you get em free when you dry clean...plastic hangers for anything with any kind of weight to it (coats, sweatshirts, jeans)...dress pants get the fancy dress pants hangers...wooden hangers are for your suit jackets

- Sloatsburgh - 05-03-2002

I have not been able to use wire hangers ever since I'd seen Mommy Dearest.

- Hey Ladi - 05-03-2002

Plastic won't bend out of shape. But wire is good for its bendable properties.

- Grumpy - 05-03-2002

you can't jimmy your girlfriends car door lock and shit on her back seat while you hide a dead fish under her seat if you use a plastic hanger. Metal hangers are good for more than you think.

- virgingrrl - 05-03-2002

plastic....no more wire hangers EVER!:crackhead:

- Ken'sPen - 05-03-2002

I wish I could sell my fucking wire hangers.
I have a bazillion from getting my shirts cleaned....

- virgingrrl - 05-03-2002

just bring themback to the cleaners silly, they take them back

- JIMMYSNUKA - 05-03-2002

are we talking just for hanging clothes....or just in case you get your gf/wife pregnant?

- Maynard - 05-03-2002

Quote:just bring themback to the cleaners silly, they take them back
Ya know, only you would think to do that.....

I prefer plastic hangers, but I never use them cause I'm too cheap to buy them, so I just use the free wire ones you get with your dry cleaning. So yeah, all the shirts I hang up to dry have hanger marks on the shoulders so it looks like I have a tumor on each shoulder.