CDIH
Spiderman - Comments - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Spiderman - Comments (/showthread.php?tid=1611)

Pages: 1 2

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-04-2002

I'm sitting here waiting for the high quality release of Spiderman to be downloaded since I'm a cheap motherfucker.

What are you thoughts on the movie? How does it compare to other comic book movies? Better than X-Men? Discuss.

- PatCooper - 05-04-2002

I liked it alot. I thought the story was good. Dafoe killed as Green Goblin. And Toby played Spidey very well. I know alot of guys really find Kristen Dunst hot but i dont see it. Freakin Scheilnger as J. Jamenson was classic. I wish he just had alittle bit of a bigger part. And we cant forget little Jimmy Norton either.

Compared too X-Men it's close. I also really liked X-Men. But they didn't focus enough on all the characters. To much of the story revolved around Wolverine and Rogue. With Spiderman you get a good feel for all the characters.

- IkeaBoy - 05-04-2002

I was very impressed. Visually it was great. They kept a lot of his origin in (e.g. how Ben dies, the wrestling) which I definitely appreciated. As a comic book movie this is far better than X-Men which was more of an action movie based on the comic book rather than a comic book movie. It's also one of the few comic book hero movies where the hero does get his ass kicked during a fight with the villains. Very rarely will you see the heros in real danger, sure they might be caught but rarely do the villains pound them mercilessly.

The actors were pretty much all great- James Franco, nice set up for the rest of the series and he's a damn fine actor. Willem Dafoe one of the best comic movie villains ever, and the goblin looked great. They kept Spider-Man as Spider-Man and didn't try to serious him up, he is a nerd with super powers and he's excited about them and Maguire did it excellently. The best part though was the short role of Schillinger as Jameson- he had the look and the character TO A FUCKING T!!!!!

In addition, I think Alicia Witt would have been a better Mary Jane.

Edited By IkeaBoy on May 04 2002 at 7:16

- Galt - 05-05-2002

I would sacrifice a testicle to touch Kirsten Dunst. She is more important to me than oxygen.

- Hybrid - 05-05-2002

Quote:I would sacrifice a testicle to touch Kirsten Dunst. She is more important to me than oxygen.
i agree.

anyway, i thought the movie was awesome. i want to know which villain osbournes son is going to be in the sequel...

- Kid Afrika - 05-05-2002

Just saw the movie. I didn't think it really lived up to the hype. But then I was never really a comic book fan. Some things didn't work for me, like the fact that he grew little hairs and that gave him the ability to climb walls. Did he grow the hairs on his shoes too?

Overall, it's a cool flick. But, like I said, I didn't think it lived up to the hype.

Seeing Norton in it was cool though.

- Galt - 05-05-2002

Ed Norton or Jim Norton?

- Hybrid - 05-05-2002

jimmy

[Image: nortonSpidey.jpg]

- Galt - 05-05-2002

all the same, I think I'll masturabate to the thought of Kirsten Dunst tongiht.

- IkeaBoy - 05-05-2002

actually the hairs on his fingers answered a question I had for a long time. If he was able to climb walls just because of his hands, how could he do it while wearing the gloves. Now we know.

and harry could either be hobgoblin, or he can use his father's fortune to finance others int heir fight against the webslinger

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-06-2002

The movie was great. It was faithful to the comic book it astounded me. I expected them to fuck it all up like the Spawn movie but they really did a good job. Dafoe was amazing. Maguire was very good too. And Schillinger was classic.

BTW kirsten dunst + red hair = hours of jacking it.

- Galt - 05-06-2002

Prediction alert: She does nudity in a movie within the next couple years. I didn't see Spiderman yet, but I'm hearing she's got a nice wet-T scene and here boobies were all over the place in crazy/Beautiful

- Jack - 05-06-2002

I enjoyed the movie immensly. I have never been a comic book fan but the movie managed to keep me interested for whole thing. And not many movies do. This is one I will definately buy.

- Skitchr4u - 05-06-2002

I liked the movie. I thought that Maguire played Parker very well, because I always saw him as a geek anyway. Dunst played MJ well, and I like her a lot more with red hair...JJ was fantastic, as was the goblin. I didn't like the kid who played Harry, but I can overlook that because the rest of the movie was so tight. All I thought as I watched the ending credits was who was going to be the villain in the sequel, and the one after that...it smells of at least 2 more movies.

- Mr. Brownstone - 05-07-2002

I believe this is the first movie to reference 9/11, which it did twice. Nice to see the studio grew some balls after all.

- Sephiroth - 05-09-2002

**************MASSIVE SPOILERS*****************

Spider-Man is really Peter Parker.

************** END MASSIVE SPOLIERS***************

- Keyser Soze - 05-09-2002

Kirsten Dunst is not that hot. Granted, I would never kick her out of bed, but shes not jaw droppingly attractive.

- Galt - 05-09-2002

In fact, she is. She is RETARDEDLY hot. When someone jumps on the "top 20" bandwaggon and starts a top 20 chicks list, she will most assuredly be on mine.

- The Painter - 05-09-2002

I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm planning on seeing it this weekend. Opening weekends are too crowded. On a related side note, if you are in Orlando FL, go to Islands of Adventure at Universal. The Spiderman ride is incredible. One of the best rides I've ever been on. The 3D effects are amazing. The Hulk roller coaster is good too

- Arthur Dent - 06-19-2002

FINALLY saw this film last night. I thought it was awesome. I didn't even mind the fact that they went with organic webshooters instead of mechanical or that they went with Mary Jane instead of Parker's first girlfriend Gwen Stacey.

The movie was actuallly much closer to the "Ultimate Spiderman" re-write of the spiderman story than the original comics.

Anybody catch the reference to Dr. Connors?

As for Harry Osborne, if I remember the story correctly, when Hobgoblin shows up, spidie thinks that it's Harry at first trying to avenge his father, but learns later that it's a mercenary who stole the gear from Norman Osborne.

And the rumor right now is that Doctor Octopus will be the villain for the next film.