CDIH
A new playstation? - Good or bad? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A new playstation? - Good or bad? (/showthread.php?tid=1640)

Pages: 1 2

- Arthur Dent - 05-07-2002

Playstation 3?!?

One of the reasons I picked PS2 over any other game system (besides the awesome games) was the promise that it would be an expandable and upgradeable system.

Forgot who it was who got the Beta on the internet connection, but that was supposed to be out a year ago. And that big bay was supposed to be for a harddrive. And the mouse and keyboard are out, but there's no purpose for them yet. So, so far, the promise of expandability hasn't been fulfilled.

And now they're talking about a PS3?!?
Alright, much more powerful processor is ALWAYS a bonus, but how about the expansions for PS2 while your at it?

- Sephiroth - 05-07-2002

well, the article says it wont be coming out until 2005. But after market testing, beta testing and other research, it wont be out until at least late 2006/early 2007. So, Getting 5-6 years out of a gaming system isnt all that bad.

- Maynard - 05-07-2002

damn, I'm glad I still haven't upgraded from my Intellivision.

- Arthur Dent - 05-07-2002

Point is, I want the upgrades for the PS2! Multiplayer on-line with text messaging and chat, a hard-drive for more storage and faster load times, and all the other gadgets! :bouncer: :bouncer:

- Maynard - 05-07-2002

What you have to realize Dent is that just because they are putting $400 million into PS3 doesn't mean they don't already have $400 million sunk into research for PS2 upgrades. I'm sure they are working on it, this article was just a little insight into Sony's future plans for Playstation. I think you might be getting a bit scared.

When a car company develops a new car for release in 5 years, it doesn't mean they stop working on the current ones. There is no way that Sony would just drop PS2 and put all their efforts into the new product. There is still too much money to suck out of the consumer market on PS2 yet. You can bet that there will be a bunch of upgrades (that will probably all be included in PS3 anyhow) for you to buy.

- crx girl - 05-07-2002

our ps2 seems to have pretty much stopped working altogether, it won't read most of our games and almost all dvds, all we get is disc read error. so, apparently it would appear that the ps2 has a lifespan of about 18 months :angry:

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-07-2002

My ps2 got fucked up and won't recognize controllers so I have to repair that.

- Galt - 05-07-2002

I've had a playstation for over a year, that probably gets about 2 hours of work daily (I've a bunch of roommates and we're all addicted to our Madden franchise) and forever, we had problems with it. Apparantly, laying it flat is a bad thing.

So I put it upright, and every game starts right up, and I never have any problems, and the disks don't get all scratched anymore.

- Jack - 05-08-2002

Quote:Multiplayer on-line with text messaging and chat, a hard-drive for more storage and faster load times, and all the other gadgets!

So basically you want a PC?

Dude.. your gettin a Dell.

- LZMF1 - 05-08-2002

it was me that got to beta test the broadband adaptor and i have heard of the PS3.

they say it'll be at least 10X more powerful than the PS2.

maybe i'll get to beta test that puppy.

right now i'm just waiting for SCEA to send me my free broadband adaptor and some online games.

Edited By LZMF1 on May 07 2002 at 9:14

- Arthur Dent - 05-08-2002

Quote:So basically you want a PC?
Glad somebody saw the irony in that. :firebounce:

- Hummercash - 05-08-2002

Quote:My ps2 got fucked up and won't recognize controllers so I have to repair that.

That's what you get for trying to install a modchip yourself ;p

- Skitchr4u - 05-08-2002

i lay my ps2 flat, and have had it since it came out, and have had no problems with it yet...its even taken a 3 foot fall to the floor, and keeps on kickin. i think you guys play to rough with your system...you are supposed to abuse the controller not the system itself...duh

- Ahlexus - 05-08-2002

Our PS2 lays flat also.. never thought it might not be the best option for the system. So far, it plays decently but I wish I had the money back I invested in the separate remote control. Lame!

- Sephiroth - 05-08-2002

I heard that if you stand your PS2 upright, over a period of time the lens used to read the discs begins to slip out of place, ultimately needing to be re-calibrated or it wont read anything.

- Sean Cold - 05-08-2002

Quote:I heard that if you stand your PS2 upright, over a period of time the lens used to read the discs begins to slip out of place, ultimately needing to be re-calibrated or it wont read anything.

I also heard if you eat pop rocks while drinking soda, you will explode.

My system has been upright since day one, not a problem with it at all.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-08-2002

Quote:That's what you get for trying to install a modchip yourself ;p

Once I'm done selling Spiderman copies to all the rich kids at school I can get a pro to install it the Messiah :fuggin:

- Hybrid - 05-08-2002

Quote:I also heard if you eat pop rocks while drinking soda, you will explode.

My system has been upright since day one, not a problem with it at all.
if it's in the stand, there should be no problem, but if you just have it upright on the side of the ps2 it could malfunction. i think that's the way it breaks, im not sure though.

- Hummercash - 05-09-2002

Quote:Once I'm done selling Spiderman copies to all the rich kids at school I can get a pro to install it the Messiah

oh yeah? not if i narc you out to columbia pictures... now start fucking upping ABM and LOTR, bitch. you-> :bow: :burnfucker: <-me

- Keyser Soze - 05-09-2002

heehee, hummer made teh funney.

GET TO IT BITCH!!!!11